Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Sky is gone VERY dark again here , heavy sleet/rain pelting off the windows ! I so wish big fluffy white flakes were falling from the sky and not this cold slushy muck .... west Waterford !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

feels so close to snowing in cork, just need to launch a few stones up at the clouds and we'll be set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Wind has gone mental in Letterkenny in the past 15 minutes, strong sustained wind with violent gusts. Looks to be an organised band of rain/hail just hitting here on radar, might be a small embedded low or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wind has gone mental in Letterkenny in the past 15 minutes, strong sustained wind with violent gusts. Looks to be an organised band of rain/hail just hitting here on radar, might be a small embedded low or something?

Very bad out here too just now. Violent gusts etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Indeed. The evening of December 16th 2010 is a prime example, within 10 minutes of the rain, that had been falling all day, turning to snow it began to stick readily on the wet ground.

Unfortunately today conditions are not right for the snow to stick, but hopefully that changes after dark!

Not for all areas. A mild sector is coming into the northern areas.

• Advertisement

Currently in the mild sector. Just pure sleety rain here now.

It will changeover again in the early hours..such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

yop wrote: »
    Finding today worse than any other day here in Castlebar. Some really heavy gusts. Bitterly cold and hail.

That was unreal about 20 mins ago, strongest gusts I've seen up main Street. Hail and rain here all day with the odd sunny interval, not a day to be out.

Now home time has come, it needs to snow right or piss off altogether at this stage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

corsav6 wrote: »
    That was unreal about 20 mins ago, strongest gusts I've seen up main Street. Hail and rain here all day with the odd sunny interval, not a day to be out.

I'm in the Mayo shorts now outside. :)

Yes unfortunately it has come down and is going to limit snow for Ulster until the early hours!

Though it looks like we’re going to be a degree or two colder than last night from that point on, so maybe we’ll do better for snow this time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I have been watching the election too much today. Some nice hail and snow showers earlier. Fingers crossed for some beefy snow showers tonight. It is windy and cold so I would love a blizzard of white gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Not for all areas. A mild sector is coming into the northern areas.

Feck sake. Two rain showers in a row now. These warm sectors are very annoying.

They are very annoying I was doing fine earlier.. the snow actually started to stick! But now it’s just raining.

We can only hope this warm sector rushes through earlier than planned

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

yop wrote: »
    I'm in the Mayo shorts now outside. :)

Lol, because your too embarrassed to wear them on All-Ireland day.

Video of some snow earlier north Dublin.
    https://streamable.com/n6vb3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fairly Stormy now. There would be drifting if snow started to stick later on. I bet the wind will ease off though once the colder air digs in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Any chance some of you giving regular weather updates could give us a hint where in the country you are :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

emeldc wrote: »
    Any chance some of you giving regular weather updates could give us a hint where in the country you are :confused:

Location doesn’t show up on touch.boards or they might fear being doxx’d

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Insane gusts and hail shower in Galway city, so loud, frightening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Sally gap this morning (pic twitter)
    sFztPh2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Gusts picking up again in D14, temp steady at 2.4c. Sky clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Experts ..what should we expect now for the rest of the evening ?

I still don’t trust that there won’t be frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I live on the Carlow facing side of My Leinster, house facing due west, and we just got pummelled by a shower that followed me home from KK.

Just got in the door as it started.

If any of the overnight showers top up what just fell, its a day on the couch tomorrow.

Just been out and it is still snowing and lying on the road above 250m. I don’t know if that will persist in the warm sector.

But I can’t see it melting in that short time.

Any snow around Roscommon/Athlone direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

getting very windy in sw donegal in the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

getting very windy in sw donegal in the last hour

Agree. Whatever way the wind is hitting our house this eve, it's the worst wind we've seen from all the recent storms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

The low since midnight in Arklow was actually at 11am in the morning during a white out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Some severe gust here just outside Newport, Mayo. No snow, plenty of rain and hail however.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I went for a short walk there and it seems to have warmed a little bit since earlier this afternoon.
    That said I can see stars in between the showers so it should get colder.
    Galway.

Advertisement