Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

https://www.facebook.com/100000218715863/posts/3557142350969687/

Near the Gap Pub half way between Tinahely and Gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Wind is as bad here now as at any time yesterday, but tending to come in shorter bursts.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Snow-10-2-20-6.jpg

Look at the snow getting blown off the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hail, sleet, wintry mix, ridiculous wind gusts on the Dingle Peninsula. Pretty much like all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Has been quite a wild evening here just east of Castlebar. Some serious gusts especially in those showers that are generally bringing hail. Definitely feels windier here the past few hours than what we had the past couple of days. Another blast of hail sliding down the window as I type.
    An evening for the stove.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

cnocbui wrote: »
    Snow-10-2-20-6.jpg

Where is this?

Where is this?

The hill is in East Clare - Killaloe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

cnocbui wrote: »

Keep those photos coming cnocbui. I might go for a trek midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Plenty of weather in Letterkenny these past couple of hours, really strong wind, torrential bursts of pretty much everything, random sheets of rain, hail, sleet and wet snow hammering against the windows. A few nice rumbles of thunder and some of the brightest lightning I've seen in a long time.

Whatever about lying snow its turning into the most interesting days weather in quite a while

• Advertisement

Keep those photos coming cnocbui. I might go for a trek midweek.

I've been holding back as I thought people might be getting sick of them, well you did ask...

Snow-10-2-20-10.jpg
    Snow-10-2-20-9.jpg
    Snow-10-2-20-8.jpg
    Snow-10-2-20-7.jpg

That is a rare cauliflower bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Fantastic photos , and it really has been a few days of interesting weather : wind , hail, lightning ,sleet,snow etc . Infact quite a few strikes up in Donegal at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Plenty of weather in Letterkenny these past couple of hours, really strong wind, torrential bursts of pretty much everything, random sheets of rain, hail, sleet and wet snow hammering against the windows. A few nice rumbles of thunder and some of the brightest lightning I've seen in a long time.

Whatever about lying snow its turning into the most interesting days weather in quite a while

That's exactly the weather we got yesterday in Dublin!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

When's the worst of it supposed to hit the east?

Got very windy here in Wicklow the past hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Everything falling in Wexford town the last two hours has been snow but not sticking at all.

Didn't expect anything so far east so still great

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Strongest winds of the last 48 hours here in Loughlinstown right now, usually sheltered from this direction, hearing all kinds of slightly worrying sounds outside.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

m17 wrote: »
    Sally gap this morning (pic twitter)
    sFztPh2.jpg

There was me talking to a Guard from Dublin today about the idiots who would be up on the Gap in snow putting everyone at risk. I didnt have to look far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

North of the county exactly the same.

Rough. And wind is fairly constant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A fluttering of snow in north kerry.

PLenty of thunder & lightening in the last few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Same N.Donegal - a great days weather. Super wind, strong rain, hail and wet snow falls , huge gusts, a couple of strikes and a bang of two of thunder - cup of tea and the open fire. Aaaahhhh.

What is the most recent update/forecast? What is to come in the next 6/12/18/24 hours? Or where would I get such info? Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Very unusual to get a spell of persistent hail, it usually comes and goes in 5 minute bursts but its been pouring down pretty much non-stop here for a good 2 hours now, giving a good base for any snow that might fall later

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Wind is crazy in Dublin for the last while, worst it has been during this stormy period

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Terrible wind all evening here in SW Donegal, probably the worst all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Crazy gusts here now, one extreme gust that shook the house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

A fluttering of snow in north kerry.

PLenty of thunder & lightening in the last few hours.

Your mailbox is full!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Should it still be Orange warning. Winds gusting above the 110kph level at times

Lots of power faults nationwide

There was me talking to a Guard from Dublin today about the idiots who would be up on the Gap in snow putting everyone at risk. I didnt have to look far :D

Yep, one car sliding at the gap could hit Dublin, killing everyone in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another sleet shower in cork city sadly. The red blobs turn to green blobs on the city boundry :( Higher ground must be starting to change to snow.

Edit: Very heavy rain/sleet actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Windy and clear sky's in North Clare.
    The grounds drying for snow lol

Drying for snow, an old saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Another sleet shower in cork city sadly. The red blobs turn to green blobs on the city boundry :( Higher ground must be starting to change to snow.

Edit: Very heavy rain/sleet actually.

The sweet spot seems to be Kildare, Wicklow, Wexford area at the moment

Advertisement