Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Acosta

Another sleet shower in cork city sadly. The red blobs turn to green blobs on the city boundry :( Higher ground must be starting to change to snow.

Edit: Very heavy rain/sleet actually.

On high ground to the south of the city. It's coming down and looks heavy but it's just wet snow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sleet here in Clondalkin. Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Rain sleet and snow mix falling in D14 , light enough. Temp 3.1c, DP 0c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Pretty miserable day here in Tipp, the hills in west tipp are all white above 200m since the middle of the day. At lower levels (100m) it has just been a sleety mix of sh!te. I was hoping the showers would turn more wintry as the day went on but it really is just not cold enough unfortunately. Plenty of showers but mostly sleet with hail and some bigger flakes mixed in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Some of a similar mix pasting North Clare now, in the lower Burren area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Temp down to 2c and wet bulb 1c... so we’re slowly working our way back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Snowing here in Cork city, south suburbs. Very wet though so not remotely sticking. Still, we got some!

Dry in Drogheda, with the odd strong gusts of wind, although mostly it's relatively calm, if not a tad on the mildly windy side.

Today in general was pretty bad though. Lots of hail, severe winds and rain. Didn't hear any thunder myself, nor see any lightning, but as far as wet and windy, it's the worst weather I'd seen in a long, long time.

I would love another proper snowfall, though. Was great craic the last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Baybay

Started snowing in the last few minutes in Wicklow town. Still in bed so can’t see if it’s sticking!

And looks like it’s back to rain already five minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Still very gusty here, hail stones with the odd flash of lightning ..East Galway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet/snow shower now in Dublin 16.

Anyone in the north midlands report of any snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Anyone in the north midlands report of any snow?

Nice layer of snow (2 or 3cms) here in Tara, Meath this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

another hailstorm out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I was gonna look out the window to check on my snow accumulations. The lack of posts in here tells me that Dublin got no snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Heavy snow and sticking Wexford town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Snowed over night near the Wicklow gap. About five cm of lying snow. At 290m elevation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Graces7 wrote: »
    another hailstorm out here.

What do the cats think of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Snowing Sydney parade D4

Proper snow finally in D14 :) light so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Graupel in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,897 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Pretty rough night with frequent heavy hail showers.

It always sounds worse at night of course but couple of the kids were woke with the noise of them.

Woke up to a mostly white scene now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing and sticking

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Even less than I expected this morning in Letterkenny, some hail on the grass and a patchy dusting elsewhere

Light snow now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Started 5 minutes ago, D.24

Heavier snow now in Dublin 16 and sticking/settling.

Moderate stuff now in D14, big flakes. Starting to stick

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Woke to a covering of snow on the ground here . Heavy snow shower about 30 minutes ago but now the sun is out again! West Waterford !

EDIT: moderate shower again the last 10 mins ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

Snowing but not sticking dublin 14

Advertisement