Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 Matchday Thread - Winter Break Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dgw 29 most likely I reckon. Utd A West ham H.

If that happens my head might explode trying to figure out who to keep out of Aguero, De Bruyne and Mahrez with the blank in game week 28. I had a great plan worked out for transfers before today so this will a double kick in the teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Apologies I saw this on twitter and thought of you lot.
    https://twitter.com/colmtobin/status/1226266157767852033?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unlikely as CL is on that week.*

*I know a game was played during a CL gameweek before, anyone remember the circumstances?

Racking my brain too.
    Found this, but's it's more to do with "can't be televised at CL game times midweek"

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2137656/uefa-bans-games-being-televised-when-champions-league-games-take-place

Maybe that thread will give you the lightbulb moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That UEFA rule isn't in the most recent contracts- domestic games are often scheduled on CL nights.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/european-leagues-can-now-play-games-on-champions-league-nights-1.3032723

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

City had it on their Website that the game would be played next Wednesday. This was deleted. According to FPL sources on twitter.

• Advertisement

City had it on their Website that the game would be played next Wednesday. This was deleted. According to FPL sources on twitter.

If West Ham have any say then surely they’ll want it postponed for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unlikely as CL is on that week.*

*I know a game was played during a CL gameweek before, anyone remember the circumstances?

Its happened a good few times lately. Last year almost certsin that brighton dgw was on a CL night. It usually happens when there is nowhere else for the fixture to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    At least the mayo match was a good watch
    :D

No it wasn’t

If it makes you feel any better I’ve 2pts with only a max 7 left to play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If City progress to the Champions League semi-finals, they will only have three midweek slots available for rearranged fixtures.

The weeks commencing 9 March, 20 April and 11 May are all currently free on City's calendar, with spaces for a midweek game.

But if Guardiola's side reach the FA Cup semi-finals, two of those slots could be taken up by other rearranged league fixtures.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-city-west-ham-postponed-why-storm-ciara-fixtures-pile-up-latest-news-a9325716.html

I know they are saying its unlikely but whats the reasoning behind not sticking it on this weekend coming? Both teams will have had their rest for the winter break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Green&Red wrote: »
    I know they are saying its unlikely but whats the reasoning behind not sticking it on this weekend coming? Both teams will have had their rest for the winter break

They wouldn’t have had a rest because players have to train before matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fwiw....Aguerooooo is in Abu Dhabi according to his Instachat or Twittergram or something

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

As is Mahrez
    The word is Pep had planned go give them this week off and return to training next weekend
    So assuming west ham are the same the Premier League could overule themselves and play it mid week next week
    Unlikely but I live in faint hope

km79 wrote: »
    As is Mahrez
    The word is Pep had planned go give them this week off and return to training next weekend
    So assuming west ham are the same the Premier League could overule themselves and play it mid week next week
    Unlikely but I live in faint hope

I dont know how unlikely it is, City are already in a fixture pile up, common sense has to come into it too.

Edit: I also want it to be true real bad - Aguero (C), Mahrez & KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I dont know how unlikely it is, City are already in a fixture pile up, common sense has to come into it too.

Edit: I also want it to be true real bad - Aguero (C), Mahrez & KDB

Logic and common sense would see West Ham pushing for it not to be played now and insisting that the winter break is respected - not their fault it was cancelled - surely they would prefer to play it some random day in a few weeks when city have so many games that they will just rotate their best players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Logic and common sense would see West Ham pushing for it not to be played now and insisting that the winter break is respected - not their fault it was cancelled - surely they would prefer to play it some random day in a few weeks when city have so many games that they will just rotate their best players.

Selfish bastards. They need to think of the FPL community.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

https://mobile.twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1226847642484867072?s=20
    Manchester City and West Ham are not prepared to play their postponed Premier League match this weekend. Discussions will take place between the Premier League and both clubs this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just looking through my main league and the fact I've Lundstram on the bench. I must be one of the few who don't mind the games staying off. Plenty money to play with to keep my two City players on the team for the scheduled blank in anticipation of a double after it.

COH wrote: »

Next mid week please and thank you
    Even if only to stop so many captains switching to salah and autosubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

dsmythy wrote: »
    Just looking through my main league and the fact I've Lundstram on the bench. I must be one of the few who don't mind the games staying off. Plenty money to play with to keep my two City players on the team for the scheduled blank in anticipation of a double after it.

I definitely want it to stay off. I have Aguero as captain, Salah vice with Doucoure waiting to come in from the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭macraignil

Just the two city players missing out for me but having selected Lundstram to play it would devalue his score a bit if everyone who left him on the bench has him subbing in so have to hope the game is rescheduled to stay in this game week. Took a -4 this week to get in Salah(c) as well so a good score from De Bruyne and Aguero might make the final game week score a bit less painful. Just 7(-4) from 1 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dsmythy wrote: »

I've Lundstrum to come in for KDB so won't be too disappointed if it won't be on this game week

I'd actually be a bit annoyed if it was to be on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

As someone with 2 City players and Kun (c) I'm praying it's back on. The world and his/her mother will have triple city for the double if its not played now but kun at home to the hammers with only a few owners could save my season.

https://twitter.com/ExWHUemployee/status/1226956673786564611?s=20

Looks like WH are pushing against the game being next Wednesday. The FA pushed through the Liverpool FA cup game when they were at the world cup so maybe the PL will do similar

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looks like WH are pushing against the game being next Wednesday. The FA pushed through the Liverpool FA cup game when they were at the world cup so maybe the PL will do similar

Unlikely, the PL sent a letter to all clubs saying they expect the clubs to honour the winter break.

The FA are a different entity and don't care about winter breaks, hence Liverpool honouring the PL request by fielding a "B" team in FA cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Great news. Imagine missing out on your rival by 5 points at the end of the season due to the weather

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

It’s not guaranteed to be gw26

Advertisement