Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT expired renewal? bike test questions

Options
  • 08-02-2020 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

hi all, my ibt cert has expired with some time and my permit i know im useless, dont worry i havent been on the road for a while before im gunned down by people saying im driving with invalid or no insurance etc,

right now my position is i want to renew my bike licence provisional A before i have to resit my theory again, but my ibt is also expired now :(

whats the best way to sort out the Ibt side of things im guessing it cant be renewed? as it was quite expensive the first time :(

this time i want to get my full sorted, so question two is if i do my test on a 400cc bike like a ninja etc can i do a modual for bigger bikes or is another full test required?

i think my ncb is still good for insurance purposes being 29 i think ill be ok either way for insurance but ill be mostly lookin at sport bikes from 400cc to 600cc i need something not too high as im a short arse and my bandit 600 didnt suit but managed away with it for 6 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

hi all, my ibt cert has expired with some time and my permit i know im useless, dont worry i havent been on the road for a while before im gunned down by people saying im driving with invalid or no insurance etc,

right now my position is i want to renew my bike licence provisional A before i have to resit my theory again, but my ibt is also expired now :(

whats the best way to sort out the Ibt side of things im guessing it cant be renewed? as it was quite expensive the first time :(

this time i want to get my full sorted, so question two is if i do my test on a 400cc bike like a ninja etc can i do a modual for bigger bikes or is another full test required?

i think my ncb is still good for insurance purposes being 29 i think ill be ok either way for insurance but ill be mostly lookin at sport bikes from 400cc to 600cc i need something not too high as im a short arse and my bandit 600 didnt suit but managed away with it for 6 months.

You only have to do a theory test if your permit has expired by 5 years or more.

Go & apply for a category 'A' learner permit complete module 5 of IBT for category 'A' & that will renew your cert for another 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Regarding seat height, the bandit is relatively low, I think all the ninjas are higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

Does the IBT need to be renewed though ? I am aware of the ''expiry'' date but mine was out of date for the motorcycle test and the RSA were happy just once it was previously completed ..

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

i dont know, im guessing it does hence why it has an expiry? as for the ninja i sat on a zx6r vs my 98 bandit nd found it easyier to get the feet touching the ground, my sister had a cbr 400rr and it was the perfect height for me.

i have an unrestricted A learner permit but needs renewing but my question is can i do my test on a 400cc bike and get the full A licence later through a module if i wanted or is it a full retest?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

i dont know, im guessing it does hence why it has an expiry? as for the ninja i sat on a zx6r vs my 98 bandit nd found it easyier to get the feet touching the ground, my sister had a cbr 400rr and it was the perfect height for me.

i have an unrestricted A learner permit but needs renewing but my question is can i do my test on a 400cc bike and get the full A licence later through a module if i wanted or is it a full retest?

YES - Full B license and 2 years later you can do a module (similar to IBT) to progress to full A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,706 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

B licence is a car. You meant A2

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

so id have to book an A2 full test and then pass hold the licence for two years and then do a course for the full A unrestricted if i wanted. thanks thats half the battle i just need to know about the IBT if i have to resit that now, i might just ring the RSA see what they have to say about it, im hoping to renew my learner permit next month and buy another bike if i can find a 600cc bike that suits my height otherwise it will be 400cc gsxr zxr or cbr as i know im comfortable on those.

Advertisement