Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANYONE ELSE VOTE FOR SINN FEIN FOR FIRST TIME TODAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I was in Limerick Hospital this week,
    I don't have the words to describe what I seen there, it will stay with me for a long time.
    That was it for me.
    I got up early this morning & on way to work,
    I voted for Sinn Fein.

In fairness hospital consultants are paid in and around 200K. So if SF get to power there plan to attract more consultants is to raise tax on those with over 140,000.....

So you will have consultants with a take home pay of less than 100,000 euro.....

How does SF plan to attract them to this country ? That will make the health crisis worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yeah we only balanced the books last year.

But sure we had loads of money to tackle all these issues.

First thing was to get the country working, put out the fire and the build on from that.

People want things instantly now.

Overnight or its not good enough.

You telling me they wasted all that dough on Irish water when they hadn't even balanced the book's?

Over a Billion spent on a now obsolete billing entity before they spent it on health, or affordable homes?

My mind's already made up to not give fg the faintest sniff of a vote, but you definitely wouldn't be persuading me to change my mind.

Bad argument bro.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It is clear to me that SF just want a rebranding of the SCC as they have done with RUC. As it will be good for the optics for the more hardline SF supporters.
    They want rid of it (and have followed this stance until recently). They've just been backed into a corner where they say they want to "review" it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

But you're telling us SF will be different?

A change is what you tell us.

Now you say they lie like the other parties

I'm not telling you anything, best you stick to what I wrote as opposed to what you think I wrote. I never said SF would be different. No need to tell lies Jingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

First thing was to get the country working, put out the fire and the build on from that.

They did nothing on housing they just left the market to provide. What evidence is there that they will do anything in 4 more years? We are long out the other side of a recession, don't be falling for the FG spin machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

rob316 wrote: »
    That's a cop out, it's a black hole but no one has been willing to roll their sleeves up and tackle it. In 9 years under FG it has not progressed one iota.

I agree it's a black hole, but it will only change from the inside, FG had a chance when the IMF were here, but they never took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

McMurphy wrote:
    3 terms is far from normal in governance here, they had their chance, blew it.

Blew it? Hardly. The country was in the throes of a deep deep recession when they came in. Far from perfect but the circumstances were so and thats a fact.

Short term memory is a strength of us Irish, ill give us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

In what way are you expecting SF to resolve it?
    In what timeframe will these magical changes happen?

SF proposed income tax hike on earnings above 100 k per annum will hit 100% of hospital consultants and the majority of doctors

I don't know what makes sense anymore so presumably this does?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

There are at least FIVE Sinn Fein threads running simultaneously in Current Affairs, how do you guys keep thinking of new titles?

Reminds me of a mass hypnotic craze like 'fidgit spinners' when everybody had to get one for their kids ..... Look into my eyes (spirals turning) vote for Sinn Fein, vote for Mary Lou .......

You guys need to wake up & grow up, don't believe the hype, don't be hoodwinked by Mary Lou's hypnotic voice, her beauty spot & her sexy charms

They are promising the earth, 100.000 new affordable homes, no hospital waiting lists either, a magic utopia from Alice in Wonderland (or Avatar).

Look out for the magic SF money tree everybody, and you will discover that it's not really there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

McMurphy wrote: »
    You telling me they wasted all that dough on Irish water when they hadn't even balanced the book's?

Over a Billion spent on a now obsolete billing entity before they spent it on health, or affordable homes?

The ideology of FG is that state utilities overseen by politicians are usually a mess.
    The Irish water system is a dilapidated mess that local politicians left to rot, unfunded especially due to FF's destruction of the local taxation budgets by using abolition of rates to buy an election.

Corporations and large businesses can afford to install UV treatment machinery (as my employers were forced to do when microbiological tests regularly didn't meet safe levels)

We need a water system with managers that can be held accountable and forced by law to fix failings. Not a political plaything, having it's budgets raided to fix potholes, causing quiet health damage.
    What does SF want to do. Bring it back to the control of the local council?
    (Voted Green)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Will there really be anything done any differently in a years time with a different government?
    I sincerely don't believe there will.

Something else has to change before politicians can actually do anything positive. The senior civil service and whoever really holds the purse strings in this country are the ones who need changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

No! I realise the reality here! Every FCUKING budget, what the biggest priority? throw hundreds of millions of welfare, despite the fact it is over funded IMO and other areas here and in desperate need of funding and the MORONS wonder why other areas, starved of funding,or simple black holes like health and housing, people have had enough! They are going to have to start making decisions! that lack of any decisions, other than easiest (they thought) at every turn, has this bloody country and primarily those FG fools, paying the price. Trying to please everyone and they please no one!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

rob316 wrote: »
    They did nothing on housing they just left the market to provide. What evidence is there that they will do anything in 4 more years? We are long out the other side of a recession, don't be falling for the FG spin machine.

the amount of schemes that currently are under construction or recently been awarded planning or in for planning, is immense, in Dublin! the supply is coming! FG were glacial in bringing about primarily planning reform change! Issue two, they are not affordable for the working masses!

While the supply issue is being addressed, affordability isnt! Unless you are one of those qualifying for free houses,,, paid for by those workers that cant afford housing themselves and often living at home or living in kip house shares, paying a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

leavingirl wrote: »
    I admire your positivity but you will be sorely disappointed because SF is just another FF, FG, Labour. All supporting the same things. All supporting and implementing the policies of their rulers the EU.
    Ireland is a vassal state. Controlled and governed by the fascist dictatorship known as the EU.
    Lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's HSE management, all 20 layers of it, and the Union's that have the health services the way they are, it doesn't matter who is in government, it's not going to change much
    Yup. When they amalgamated the health boards into the HSE, they should have chopped the duplicates, but now they have the multiples of the same.
    tintin67 wrote: »
    I gave my number 1 and 2 to Sinn Fein today.
    I don't even think my local Sinn Fein TD is a particularly pleasant character.
    It'll be humorous if the shinner you don't like gets in and destroys your locality.

=-=

Anyhoos, off to vote now. I'd vote in the local Nazi party before I vote in the Shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Just voted, did not vote for SF, FF, FG or the Greens.

Very little left to choose from.
    Ditto, exactly the same, it was easy to choose after this elimination process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It's a pity Leo hasn't been as passionate about tackling the housing, rental and health issues as he's now saying he is if people believe his spiel and vote them back in.

3 terms is far from normal in governance here, they had their chance, blew it.

Someone else's time to have a go.

Ah Leo's great. He brought a box of roses down for the polling booth staff ( it's hard to get rid of the Christmas ****e so that was handy)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I wonder how much tax would have to move upwards to have no patients waiting for beds. Also zero homeless and social housing for all. I think people love the idea but the cost would bite into everything else. . Education, transport , security etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Shinners got my 3rd preference.

Not much, but it's the first time I've ever included them on my preferences.

1st time that FG didn't get any preference from me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MichaelKnee

I'd rather go down on Mary Lou after she's been for a summer jog, than vote for that shower of terrorists.

• Advertisement

My mind's already made up to not give fg the faintest sniff of a vote, but you definitely wouldn't be persuading me to change my mind.

Bad argument bro.

Water metering is the norm outside of ireland. The cost for the network is bourne by the tax payers. The metering should have made that process fairer. The public are just stupid.. the cost is still going to come from the tax payer. The massive investing needed will come from funds that should have been going to education, health and security. The sinners are looking likely to get a foot in the door of government. They want a vote on a reunification of ireland. The cost of that will be staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Hard to believe people will vote for FF and fg
    When the country is ruined
    Corrupt as f
    I'd rather my chances in a cage full of starving wolfs than ever vote for either of them parties again
    Destroyed the country and people's lives

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JPCN1

I wonder how much tax would have to move upwards to have no patients waiting for beds. Also zero homeless and social housing for all. I think people love the idea but the cost would bite into everything else. . Education, transport , security etc etc.

You start approaching those levels of tax and people won't work and the Multinationals will bugger of to sunnier climbs where they can attract staff.

Shinnernomics, great for emigration and fug all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

firstlight wrote: »
    Corrupt as f
    I'd rather my chances in a cage full of starving wolfs than ever vote for either of them parties again

At the 2011 GE when it became apparent exactly what FF did to the people of this country, 250,000 people gave them their Number 1.

Corrupt as f

Lol. Careful what you wish for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Corrupt as f

Hahahahaha just you wait until SF say “hold my beer”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Corrupt as f

It is quite the post-apocalyptic hell scape out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I don't have the words to describe what I seen there, it will stay with me for a long time.
    That was it for me.
    I voted for Sinn Fein.

Sinn Fein can’t form a government as they don’t have enough candidates for seats, they can however be the governments side kick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

That was it for me.
    I voted for Sinn Fein.

That's right, Sinn Fein are magic, and they will sort out everything that nobody else can fix, from hospital beds to housing and all other social issues, to banishing property tax to unifying this island by 2025....

Oh yeah baby, they will promise the sun moon & stars just to get a foot in the door, which is the scary bit that so many of us (over a certain age) find repulsive, because you see ... we remember!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Sinn Fein actively support scum bags and murderers. Their elected representatives make decisions in back rooms with dodgy characters.
    I couldn't even consider voting for them for at least another 30 years.

Advertisement