Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANYONE ELSE VOTE FOR SINN FEIN FOR FIRST TIME TODAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

It is quite the post-apocalyptic hell scape out there!

It is for ordinary Joe soaps who are working for nothing
    I guess your one of those who once your needs are met sod the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Water metering is the norm outside of ireland. The cost for the network is bourne by the tax payers. The metering should have made that process fairer. The public are just stupid.. the cost is still going to come from the tax payer. The massive investing needed will come from funds that should have been going to education, health and security. The sinners are looking likely to get a foot in the door of government. They want a vote on a reunification of ireland. The cost of that will be staggering.

Water charges are ok in principle if done right, but FG completely politicised them here, rewarded chums with plumb jobs and bonuses, and of course they couldn't overlook their main man Uncle Dinny who just happened to get a fabulous deal at tax payers expense on the company he bought, that went on to win a substantial state contract installing the meters, which is of course still the subject of an ongoing enquiry (and I'm sure the ink won't be dry in that one, but there'll be another one for the NBP).

You are saying the tax payers are stupid. I'd disagree, they knew a con job when they seen one, and wouldn't roll over - calling them stupid is just FG arrogance on display.

All of this aside, it doesn't take away from the fact that they spent all of this money setting up a sham quango ahead of health services or housing when the country hadn't even balanced it's books.

Priorities dear boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

firstlight wrote: »
    Hard to believe people will vote for FF and fg
    When the country is ruined
    Corrupt as f
    I'd rather my chances in a cage full of starving wolfs than ever vote for either of them parties again
    Destroyed the country and people's lives
    I feel sorry for people like you. You live in one of the world's best countries to live in and call it destroyed and ruined.

I wish you could spend some time in Africa and Asia and realize what you have here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

JPCN1 wrote: »
    You start approaching those levels of tax and people won't work and the Multinationals will bugger of to sunnier climbs where they can attract staff.

Shinnernomics, great for emigration and fug all else.

Agreed . There are alot of people who are only looking into the pothole at the end of their road,the bigger picture never comes into light

Cina wrote: »
    I feel sorry for people like you. You live in one of the world's best countries to live in and call it destroyed and ruined.

I wish you could spend some time in Africa and Asia and realize what you have here then.

Dont
    There's more than just me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

It is for ordinary Joe soaps who are working for nothing
    I guess your one of those who once your needs are met sod the rest

If you are working for nothing then you're literally an idiot.

That isn't how employment is supposed to work.

And the "they destroyed the country" is similarly stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I have a friend that emigrated to Norway with his wife and children. He pays more tax than I do but the services he gets in return are amazing compared to here. €25 for a doctor's visit capped hospital charges. Affordable child care many more but if we are going to compare countries it's fair to mention better places too but I really don't see the point tbh as it's Ireland we live in and people are entitled to give their opinion on where they live. Being told it's so much worse somewhere else is a ridiculous comment .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I seriously considered voting for Sinn Fein for the first time.
    But I am originally from northern Ireland so I just couldn't see past the IRA thing, I am from a really republican area but I would always vote alliance or SDLP...they do have some excellent politicians (like Pearse Doherty) but I coudnt do it.
    It will make zero difference SF will top the poll here they always do

I have a friend that emigrated to Norway with his wife and children. He pays more tax than I do but the services he gets in return are amazing compared to here. €25 for a doctor's visit capped hospital charges. Affordable child care many more but if we are going to compare countries it's fair to mention better places too but I really don't see the point tbh as it's Ireland we live in and people are I to give their opinion on where they live. Being told it's so much worse somewhere else is a ridiculous comment .

Don't bother with them
    Waste of time
    Their clueless to the amount of people in this country struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Effects wrote: »
    Sinn Fein actively support scum bags and murderers. Their elected representatives make decisions in back rooms with dodgy characters.
    I couldn't even consider voting for them for at least another 30 years.

Really?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=denis+o+brien&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjc_LbirsLnAhVaQhUIHXiABHoQ_AUoAXoECBUQAw&biw=1600&bih=887#imgrc=jroIPVzJKF3zEM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Judging by how they perform in coalition in the North, they are very weak. And they have contradictory policies there, where they support property tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

I visited an old friend today. Havent seen him since 1987.
    He would be 51 today, except that he was murdered by friends of an elected politician.

Then I voted.

He was murdered by the Black and Tans ????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

This isn't a country in Asia or Africa though is it . For a country in western Europe we should have a better country then what we do . While we are far from the worst country to live in ,things should be alot better all the same .

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

That is one person . Not a whole organisation wanting to control the country.

FF, FG and the rest aren't organisations wanting to control the country?

Judging by how they perform in coalition in the North, they are very weak. And they have contradictory policies there, where they support property tax.

There is no property tax in the north, domestic rates are fundamentally different to our property tax, and as for the coalition performance comment.

You realise they have to coalesce with a party who are a against pretty much everything, including Sunday opening hours, Same Sex Marriage, Abortion amongst other things?

A large swathe of them are also creationists

to be fair to them though - they (the DUP) would most probably have been full on behind supporting the now abandoned Tans commemoration fg tried to implement.

Billcarson wrote: »
    This isn't a country in Asia or Africa though is it . For a country in western Europe we should have a better country then what we do . While we are far from the worst country to live in ,things should be alot better all the same .
    We outperform all but the best Nordic countries in pretty much every metric of well-being and quality of life, though. Tell me what exactly is so awful about Ireland compared to other western European countries like the UK, France, Portugal, Italy etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I have a friend that emigrated to Norway with his wife and children. He pays more tax than I do but the services he gets in return are amazing compared to here. €25 for a doctor's visit capped hospital charges. Affordable child care many more but if we are going to compare countries it's fair to mention better places too but I really don't see the point tbh as it's Ireland we live in and people are entitled to give their opinion on where they live. Being told it's so much worse somewhere else is a ridiculous comment .

cant wait for SF to turn us into Norway - all we need to do is break the two party dominance and we become a Scandinavian utopia .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

We outperform all but the best Nordic countries in pretty much every metric of well-being and quality of life, though. Tell me what exactly is so awful about Ireland compared to other western European countries like the UK, France, Portugal, Italy etc?

0.2% of the population are waiting for free hous....sorry, living in hotels damn it. Unacceptable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

If Pearce Doherty was leader I would have voted for them. Mary Lou just waffles too much and is like a rabbit in headlights when asked a question.

McMurphy wrote: »
    There is no property tax in the north,

There is property tax in the North. How much you pay is determined by the value of your house.

We have a country that needs parents to home their kids into their 40s
    Homelessness figures that are massaged
    Endless CE schemes and slave labour jobs
    Rip of insurance industry
    Over priced rent
    Healthcare system that's ruined
    Endless waiting lists
    Rip of road tax
    2 billion quid hospitals
    Scandals every week with corruption
    That's too name a few
    Doing great so

We have a country that needs parents to home their kids into their 40s
    Homelessness figures that are massaged
    Endless CE schemes and slave labour jobs
    Rip of insurance industry
    Over priced rent
    Healthcare system that's ruined
    Endless waiting lists
    Rip of road tax
    2 billion quid hospitals
    Scandals every week with corruption
    That's too name a few
    Doing great so
    Yeah and SF are going to fix all those problems aren't they?

They're the sort of issues that most western countries have, by the way, not remotely limited to Ireland.

Yeah and SF are going to fix all those problems aren't they?

They're the sort of issues that most western countries have, by the way, not remotely limited to Ireland.

Can't make it any worse for most people living in ireland
    Already paying through their hole for everything
    It's an existence not a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Mind telling us where SF is getting the money to build
    all this social housing they promised? Hint: If you have a job and pay your way you are ****ed with an SF government in power. Hopefully everyone read the election manifestos in detail before voting...

They could make it a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

If Sinn Fein do win a good few seats there's be no chance of sleeping tonight with all the AK47's firing into the sky. It'll be like Halloween.

There is property tax in the North. How much you pay is determined by the value of your house.

Link please.

• Advertisement

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Mind telling us where SF is getting the money to build
    all this social housing they promised? Hint: If you have a job and pay your way you are ****ed with an SF government in power. Hopefully everyone read the election manifestos in detail before voting...

Take it from the banks profit the Irish people bailed out
    The 13 billion their owed aswell

Advertisement