Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANYONE ELSE VOTE FOR SINN FEIN FOR FIRST TIME TODAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

touts wrote: »
    Well as the murder of Paul Quinn shows you can take the party out of the IRA but you can't take the IRA out of the party.

Yeah I'd say that's been a burning issue for you for years now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

The problem with SF is they represent the gurrier in society. The vigilante. No respect for law and order. No respect for truth, only propaganda. And an instinctive selfishness - someone else should pay for everything.

Personally, they represent everything i don't like about Irish society and everyone i don't like in Irish society.

Indeed, and I might have written that myself, but I would add that in recent times the Shinner vote has infiltrated the disillutioned & gullible (lower rungs) of the middle classes too, hopefully it's been contained and kept to a minimum, but we'll have to wait and see :cool:

First Exit poll is @10pm tonight.

Gave them me second preference. David Cullinane number 2 as he's gonna run away with it anyway and be elected on first count.

Voted Greens number 1 in the hope he gives the Fine Gaeler the heave-ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

touts wrote: »
    Well as the murder of Paul Quinn shows you can take the party out of the IRA but you can't take the IRA out of the party.
    As the bomb maker and the gun runner are still in the arty, no, you can't take the IRA out of the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Indeed, and I might have written that myself, but I would add that in recent times the Shinner vote has infiltrated the disillutioned & gullible (lower rungs) of the middle classes too, hopefully it's been contained and kept to a minimum, but we'll have to wait and see :cool:

First Exit poll is @10pm tonight.

That's the big question. How far does that go. And what do these young people really expect SF to do about rents and Dublin house prices. Seize private property for the state?

We need to educate young people about economics IMO. They all seem to believe in the magic money tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Sinn Fein looking level with FF and FG in RTE poll. Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Effects wrote: »
    Sinn Fein looking level with FF and FG in RTE poll. Jesus Christ.

With fewer candidates, least half the number of the two other parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

McMurphy wrote:
    Nine years was long enough. Time for someone else to have a go.

With Krusty the clown economic policies. Great idea. Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Thought SF supporters were lazy and wouldn't get out of bed to vote, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

That's right, Sinn Fein are magic, and they will sort out everything that nobody else can fix, from hospital beds to housing and all other social issues, to banishing property tax to unifying this island by 2025....

Oh yeah baby, they will promise the sun moon & stars just to get a foot in the door

I don't care I don't care, we need change from Fianna Fail and Fine Gael.

What about the connections with criminality?

What about the fact that this is still probably going to result in Fianna Fail and Fine Gael as the largest parties, but make it less likely that there is going to be a coalition government with anybody other than Fianna Fail and Fine Gael?

Are you even listening?

Great. I can see how the US got Trump now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

They have the young hoodwinked into thinking everyone will all of a sudden have access the endless amount on mortgages , free healthcare and more dole. They would decimate the country within four years . Go up north apart from Belfast city center and the coastline its bleak and it is being propped up with lump sums from the UK , their policies are pure fantasy but unfortunately the younger generation are taken in by them .Growing up in a working class Dublin in the 80's i seen first hand what the real SF are like. Drugs , money rackets , smuggling - protection rackets but they have now a female face to look softer these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I couldn't vote. No credit on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

And they only had the youth vote:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

They have the young hoodwinked into thinking everyone will all of a sudden have access the endless amount on mortgages , free healthcare and more dole. They would decimate the country within four years . Go up north apart from Belfast city center and the coastline its bleak and it is being propped up with lump sums from the UK , their policies are pure fantasy but unfortunately the younger generation are taken in by them .Growing up in a working class Dublin in the 80's i seen first hand what the real SF are like. Drugs , money rackets , smuggling - protection rackets but they have now a female face to look softer these days.

Imagine a SF minister for justice granting IRA men pardons when they rob a bank!

Poll has them as the most popular party between 18-64

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Poll has them as the most popular party between 18-64

That would get them an overall majority in first past the post. But the 75% or so who do not support them get a say in the result here.

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Imagine a SF minister for justice granting IRA men pardons when they rob a bank!
    Or a fg justice minister who smears a gardai due to him to being a whistleblower:eek: Party of law and order my hole

That would get them an overall majority in first past the post. But the 75% or so who do not support them get a say in the result here.
    I was making the point that they are popular amongst a wide range of age groups and no need to explain our electoral system to me.

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Well they are planning on abolishing the special criminal court.

I wonder about this. Does anyone think SF are doing a good job running NI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I was making the point that they are popular amongst a wide range of age groups and no need to explain our electoral system to me.

FFG are more popular in every age group.

Higher homless numbers despite quater the population of the south .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Or a fg justice minister who smears a gardai due to him to being a whistleblower:eek: Party of law and order my hole

Didn't FG throw Shatter under the bus after that though? There's certainly no love between Shatter and FG these days.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Dry your eyes touts.

The IRA card doesn't looked like it worked this time.

I always said it wasn't going to work. People are more interested in their pockets that morals. I think that people voting for Sinn Fein with the expectation of getting richer are as short-sighted as they are amoral however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sorry dude but there was a breakdown done of demographics in who voted for SF seems you and several others are using another part of your anatomy other than your months.
    Btw my family is from Strabane/Liford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Sorry dude but there was a breakdown done of demographics in who voted for SF seems you and several others are using another part of your anatomy other than your months.

Dude...lol....hashtag/young voter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Didn't FG throw Shatter under the bus after that though?

It's politics. Any party would though anyone under the bus, if it served their greater good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I did. And while I'm partially disgusted with myself since their policies are unrealistic and unachievable, and of course their history, but I feel I made the right choice. That's what FG&FF have done to this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Well the people have spoken. Don't judge the past. Strange that many do for SF but not other parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Strabane? I could have sworn that you were a Yank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Run it? It has been run from Westminster for the last 3years! The Shinners were more than happy to take the Queens shilling in that time. Utter hypocrites.

Advertisement