Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet Radio add-on to Hi Fi

• 08-02-2020 5:50pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way I can add internet radio to a hi fi unit?

I have several units that I could use, and I have good broadband, but am reluctant to buy yet more equipment that will turn out to be unsatisfactory.

I have a Roberts Stream radio that can get Internet radio, but it only tunes into the Wi Fi when the internet radio is selected and it takes a good while to connect. It then has a horrendous system to scan the available radio stations. Basically, it is unusable except for a very few stations. I have lost interest in the battle to use it. Also, the current price is over £200 on Amazon for a set I think is unusable.

Are there any products that provide FM, Dab+, Internet Radio, and decent Hi Fi sound? Could I base something on a Raspberry Pi?

Advertisement