Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBP expel Joe Loughnane for assaulting woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

coinop wrote: »
    I'd ask the mods to show no mercy with the ban hammer for anyone who tries to defend the woman-beater or deflect from the story with desperate mentions of Gemma O'Doherty (another example of hatred against woman in politics?) Always believe women. Solidarity with Roisin today. She is a brave woman for coming forward. It can't have been easy.

Germa deserves all he hate she stirs up. And heed Roisin’s own words - Vote Left! ✊

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

alastair wrote: »
    A day later. Not a year. He’s been suspended for an action that isn’t disputed, unlike a bunch of rumour and innuendo.

FFS believe women. The victim says that PBP members knew for over a year yet did nothing. They sheltered a woman beater. How can you be so horrible?

WkOBQBv.jpg

splinter65 wrote: »
    Never saw her smashing anyone’s phone. Or spitting.

Can confirm the (constant) spitting. It seems to be a consequence of whatever meds she’s on combined with the shrill bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

A day later. Not a year. He’s been suspended for an action that isn’t disputed, unlike a bunch of rumour and innuendo.

There have been many complaints about Joe going back nearly 10 years. But go right ahead and defend the misogynistic but ultra woke little toad. I’m not going to get in your way

Can confirm the (constant) spitting. It seems to be a consequence of whatever meds she’s on combined with the shrill bile.

Of course. Don’t look over here at Joe loughnane, keep looking over there at Gemma. While you have Gemma to distract everyone with, any aberrations of the left can be covered up and ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    PBP couldnt see past the lack of pasty skin here and thought " YEP "

he,s our man in the west

no need to do some homework on the guy and for good measure he once berated an israeli

thats the trouble with the left , they see profiles rather than individuals

no need to do homework on someone they know well

FFS believe women. The victim says that PBP members knew for over a year yet did nothing. They sheltered a woman beater. How can you be so horrible?

PBP members aren’t necessarily in any position to do anything within the party - they may well have kept a confidence that Roisin did until now. She never went to the party with this until now. When she did, they acted promptly. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Why are people involved in fringe politics always such horrible, angry, and deluded people? The far left and the far right are so alike. Angry young men who need to have an enemy. Good thing their hateful politics is ignored.

There have been many complaints about Joe going back nearly 10 years. But go right ahead and defend the misogynistic but ultra woke little toad. I’m not going to get in your way

I don’t deny there were at all. But nothing sufficient to warrant suspension. Just as the whole cokegate stuff is well known, but might well be complete bollocks.

Why are people involved in fringe politics always such horrible, angry, and deluded people? The far left and the far right are so alike. Angry young men who need to have an enemy. Good thing their hateful politics is ignored.

Plenty of equally abhorrent behaviour in mainstream political figures too. Don’t delude yourself.

• Advertisement

PBP members aren’t necessarily in any position to do anything within the party - they may well have kept a confidence that a Roisin did until now. She never went to the party with this until now. When she did, they acted promptly. Fair play to them.

Are you a member of PBP? Put your cards on the table.
    Joe knew he was hiding this skeleton in his closet for over a year yet put on a fake smile and pretended he was an ally of women. The fact that he is only now admitting guilt and apologizing after being caught is worthless in my view. Not sorry for what he did, sorry he was caught.

Roisin said PBP members knew but did nothing and that's good enough for me. Believe women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

PBP are a steaming dog**** of party so this is no surprise at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Plenty of equally abhorrent behaviour in mainstream political figures too. Don’t delude yourself.

Nah. The fringes of politics are two cheeks of the same arse. Show me a Gemma O’D or PHP supporter and you’ll have an example of a loser with anger issues. It’s the fuel of fringe politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

It's refreshing to see right-wingers believing a woman and not instinctively taking the side of the abuser.

PBP are no different to any other small party - right or left - in that they don't seem to have any 'quality control' when it comes to selecting candidates. The dogs on the street knew that Loughnane was (at best) a dubious character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Met him before - complete ar#ehole

Good riddance - I see he's deleted his twitter

PBP members aren’t necessarily in any position to do anything within the party - they may well have kept a confidence that Roisin did until now. She never went to the party with this until now. When she did, they acted promptly. Fair play to them.

The victim says otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There's a great lesson here somewhere about respecting honest opposing views, but then there's Gemma flappin about chasing cars and barking at trucks in fingal and her mates singing rebel songs outside castles and asking a very busy confused Muslim butcher for our national dish ..... sausages :)

As you do I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

This is all very suspicious. Wasn’t she hanging out with Joe in Eyre Sq the time of the protests over Oughterard?

Are you a member of PBP? Put your cards on the table.
    Joe knew he was hiding this skeleton in his closet for over a year yet put on a fake smile and pretended he was an ally of women. The fact that he is only now admitting guilt and apologizing after being caught is worthless in my view. Not sorry for what he did, sorry he was caught.

Roisin said PBP members knew but did nothing and that's good enough for me. Believe women.

I’m not a member of PBP, but they acted promptly to confirmed abusive behaviour, in a context of ample fabricated rumours.

• Advertisement

The victim says otherwise.

She does not say otherwise.

Met him before - complete ar#ehole

Good riddance - I see he's deleted his twitter

Funny you say that. Everyone I've spoken to who knew him said he was a w*nker and an angry little knacker. Even his own brother doesn't like him. The only people who defend him are blind party political ideologues but even they will have a hard time making excuses for this latest scandal.

Are the stories about him flipping over tables in NUIG after losing the Student Union elections (twice) true?

It's refreshing to see right-wingers believing a woman and not instinctively taking the side of the abuser.

PBP are no different to any other small party - right or left - in that they don't seem to have any 'quality control' when it comes to selecting candidates. The dogs on the street knew that Loughnane was (at best) a dubious character.

The record of quality control with the big parties isn’t really any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Joe made a big mistake, the dolly mix marxists will tolerate all sorts of toraggery until the right sort of woman is on the recieving end

whitey1 wrote: »
    This is all very suspicious. Wasn’t she hanging out with Joe in Eyre Sq the time of the protests over Oughterard?

I know of one PBP member who had no time for Joe either - she certainly considered him a bad’un. But she would have attended party activism events where he was, because the cause was more important than the animosity.

Bambi wrote: »
    Joe made a big mistake, the dolly mix marxists will tolerate all sorts of toraggery until the right sort of woman is on the recieving end

Very true.
    Assaulting Gemma O'Doherty is fine.
    Assaulting Roisin, a Shinner, is bad.

Hmm. The truth is assaulting women (or anyone) is never okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Funny you say that. Everyone I've spoken to who knew him said he was a w*nker and an angry little knacker. Even his own brother doesn't like him. The only people who defend him are blind party political ideologues but even they will have a hard time making excuses for this latest scandal.

Are the stories about him flipping over tables in NUIG after losing the Student Union elections (twice) true?

Not sure, but he hung around the place well past his welcome, for what reason I don't know.

I did see him punch a table once in anger.

Horrible príck, can't say more without id'ing myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Yes although they couldn't resist bringing the colour of his skin into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Was wondering why his name rang a bell. I remember that video of him screaming at the pro Isreal professor who came over for a debate to NUIG.

• Advertisement

Nobody is making excuses. Not a single person.

Advertisement