Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBP expel Joe Loughnane for assaulting woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭One More Toy

alastair wrote: »
    If you’re actually interested in his employment and academic history, he has a LinkedIn page. Or just pluck stuff out of the air - your choice.

Funny he left out working in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

coinop wrote: »
    Here is quite a damning statement from Joe Loughnane's own brother. Yikes.

https://twitter.com/TheRealMcCall20/status/1226194610952818690

Thats outright bollox from his Brother. Yer Man Dara O'Flaherty IS a far right racist xenophobe islamophobe and hatemonger

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I was kinda looking forward to him flopping hard in the vote without there being a controversy behind it.

I remember him campaigning for Student's Union president in NUIG about 10 years ago. He was an out and out arsehole to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

If terrorists can be party members, why can't he be one?

It's refreshing to see right-wingers believing a woman and not instinctively taking the side of the abuser.

Refreshing? Its more sanctimony really. They believe her only because of who he is.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Refreshing? Its more sanctimony really. They believe her only because of who he is.

Who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thats outright bollox from his Brother. Yer Man Dara O'Flaherty IS a far right racist xenophobe islamophobe and hatemonger

Lol must sicken the far left on here that the poster boy Joe the Thug has finally been exposed for the coward that he is yet they still defend the fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

alastair wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that they’re all mad for the dick pics in the IFP. The NP not so much. Something to do with ‘size queens‘ apparently.

Lol great to see all the usual suspects all defensive about one of their poster boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Lol must sicken the far left on here that the poster boy Joe the Thug has finally been exposed for the coward that he is yet they still defend the fool!

Just to point out that there was no defence of Joe here - just clarification that his brother is full of **** too. You’re welcome.

I’ve left Dunnes off mine. I can relate.

• Advertisement

Lol great to see all the usual suspects all defensive about one of their poster boys!

Sure. Care to highlight some of that defence you’ve identified? At your leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://twitter.com/electionlit/status/1126811314460987392?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Suckit wrote: »

Maybe it is just me but...

Is he saying he is for uncontrolled migration, traffic, islamification, cronyism and corruption?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Maybe it is just me but...

Is he saying he is for uncontrolled migration, traffic, islamification, cronyism and corruption?
    :D
    That's genuinely what I thought. But then I thought it would come across as me taking it up incorrectly on purpose. So I didn't comment, just posted the link. (I guess it's the things he intends to 'tackle' in that order?).

I don't know anything about the fella.

I know of Joe Loughnane, he is an annoying piece of crap. Idiot.

Here is a video from Daragh O'Flaherty lot of nonsense in it.

Keeping with the nonsense theme, he kinda gets to his point at 4 minutes if you want to skip.
    But, at the start, he mentions his €20,000 per month salary.. :rolleyes:

The Mullet is strong with the ‘warriors’ in Galway. I’m glad someone got something out of The Phantom Menace.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

coinop wrote: »
    Here is quite a damning statement from Joe Loughnane's own brother. Yikes.

https://twitter.com/TheRealMcCall20/status/1226194610952818690

Dunno who Loughnane is but from looking at twitter that Niall McCall guy is an awful gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Joe is a poster boy? I've only even seen him mentioned as being a Dealz version of a Kinahan dominating the Galway Cocaine industry. The far right seem to fetishize him but the left (his supposed voter base) couldnt give a shíte.

The lad barely attracts a few hundred votes and couldn't even win an NUIG election yet hes thought of as being akin to Mick Wallace or Richard Boyd Barret. It amazing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Good to see the scumbag getting what he deserves.

However why mention his height in the OP. What's wrong with a guy being 5ft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

pjohnson wrote: »
    Joe is a poster boy? I've only even seen him mentioned as being a Dealz version of a Kinahan dominating the Galway Cocaine industry. The far right seem to fetishize him but the left (his supposed voter base) couldnt give a shíte.

The lad barely attracts a few hundred votes and couldn't even win an NUIG election yet hes thought of as being akin to Mick Wallace or Richard Boyd Barret. It amazing :pac:

He's like the mirror of Gemmtrails.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

S.G.M. wrote: »
    Good to see the scumbag getting what he deserves.

However why mention his height in the OP. What's wrong with a guy being 5ft?

Small man syndrome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Small man syndrome

It explains a lot.
    Though I do know a few tame 5 footers!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

was that when he got fired for stealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It’s PBP, fellas....

Nothing should surprise anyone here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Small man syndrome

It came across to me as another cheap shot at smaller guys just.
    As though a guy of that height is not a 'man'.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 FLaris

Tbf, if he was anything but an eejit he wouldn’t be ruining as a PBP candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Think so.

nobody saw any harm in that it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm glad this came out. It seems to be perfectly in line with his previous "incidents".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Both O'Flaherty (0.5%) and Loughnane (0.8%) appear to be bald men fighting over a comb.

Yet Loughnane is classed as "poster boy"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭One More Toy

pure.conya wrote: »
    was that when he got fired for stealing?

Never heard that, what was that about?

• Advertisement

I didn't defend anyone. Joe is disliked intensely by many on here because he has a Pakistani parent and stands firmly and strongly against racism, islamophobia, xenophobia.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement