Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBP expel Joe Loughnane for assaulting woman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I didn't defend anyone. Joe is disliked intensely by many on here because he has a Pakistani parent and stands firmly and strongly against racism, islamophobia, xenophobia.

Joe is hated by a lot of people on here because he is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I didn't defend anyone. Joe is disliked intensely by many on here because he has a Pakistani parent and stands firmly and strongly against racism, islamophobia, xenophobia.

thats why people dislike him, not all the awful things he's done or how he has treated women, jews and people who disagreed with him, nah, its because he's half pakistani ......

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Did you read his brother's statement?
    Very cluckin easy to pull that card wasn't it!? Fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This person's a mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

He is disliked because he is a horrible dickhead who is anti-Semitic boasts about dealing drugs and a little bullyboy! But typical of you to defend him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

thats why people dislike him, not all the awful things he's done or how he has treated women, jews and people who disagreed with him, nah, its because he's half pakistani ......

Even the opening post had to mention it specifically

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It seems more people love him for that. They seem to think he represents the left. Despite him getting no votes or online support and only ever being cited as a smear to the left. Without him what could be used against the left?

No one left or right gives a shíte but one side is trying to make him super relevant for obvious reasons.

He is disliked because he is a horrible dickhead who is anti-Semitic boasts about dealing drugs and a little bullyboy! But typical of you to defend him!

Stop making things up. I did not defend him.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Even the opening post had to mention it specifically

joe pulls his mixed race card more than anyone could here.

So it wasn't mentioned here at all?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

That doesn't make it ok for racists on here to use it against him. Especially when there's so much perfectly valid shit they could throw at him.

That doesn't make it ok for racists on here to use it against him. Especially when there's so much perfectly valid shit they could throw at him.

but who used it against him, it was mentioned but not as one of the bullet points of negativity.

but who used it against him, it was mentioned but not as one of the bullet points of negativity.

The very first post in this thread (started by a racist re-reg) pointedly refers to him as 'Pakistani'. He was born in Galway, apparently to an Irish father and a Pakistani mother.

Then another racist poster made this remark:
    His actions certainly explain his rabid defense of importing men from countries where thats accepted.

Not one of the bullet points of negativity? C'mon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

So a moron and a thug with little support from anyone gets his own thread because he's a bit bit brown. It's good to know the usual suspects here are still as predictable as always.

Anyway boys there is a bit of problem, the Shinners are stealing your protest vote and it doesn't seem you are making any inroads anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nationality of a parent? Are you for real? I think it's the drug dealing and assaulting women that people have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Joe is disliked because he’s a misogynistic thug and a bully Joey.

splinter65 wrote: »

He must be the only one in the country since you had to dedicate him a thread.

meeeeh wrote: »
    He must be the only one in the country since you had to dedicate him a thread.

I had to dedicate him a thread ?!?!
    Glad that you agree he’s a thug. That had to be difficult for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

If there is one takeaway message from this whole incident it's to be very weary of "male feminists". They almost always have ulterior motives for their activism. A man can support women from the sideline without invading their spaces and making themselves the center of attention.

zHEbj9d.png

Yes, he's a misogynistic thug and a bully. In addition to this, he's always come across as a total narcissist. He's disliked by racists on here solely because of his ethnicity and his activism. If he was 'one of their own', they'd be defending him to the hilt and going on about how women are liars and how the men who abuse them are innocent until proven guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

coinop wrote: »
    If there is one takeaway message from this whole incident it's to be very weary of "male feminists". They almost always have ulterior motives for their activism.

Yeaaah, no. And it’s ‘wary’.

I had to dedicate him a thread ?!?!
    Glad that you agree he’s a thug. That had to be difficult for you.

It's a plural you. There is a cohort in here who are very worried that Ireland is becoming a bit too tanned. Anyway I 'm glad there is such a stand against misogyny in this thread. I'm sure Women's Aid would be grateful to you all if you volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Funny he left out working in Tesco

he has more than one reason for leaving out that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,530 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Cienciano wrote: »
    Nationality of a parent? Are you for real? I think it's the drug dealing and assaulting women that people have a problem with.

To be fair, usually when stories concerning Joe are brought into the light, some of the people who first bring it to wider attention have a habit of making an issue of his background. It does seem to be an issue for some people.

For instance, the youtube video with the audio of the "drug-dealing" was full of blatantly racist on screen text commentary and was posted on a channel that peddled crazy right wing nationalist shyte. Even the OP here on this thread had to make a point of him supposedly being "Pakistani." There is an undercurrent of racism to some - some, not all - of the criticism he faces. And the people who seem to reallyhate him personally and are vocal about it can bring up issues of race and religion fair regular.

Though, I'm not defending Joe Loughnane in any way. He digs his own grave. I've seen him in action over the years and he's always struck me as highly obnoxious, self-righteous, and intolerant. I'm on the left myself and the likes of him sicken me. And the people who enable him sicken me. He's a carricture of a rabid leftist that gives ammunition to the crazies on the right. Amazed that he was allowed to run, there's numerous "stories" about him.

I know nothing about his brother, but he must be a bit daft as well. As bizarre and all as Joe is, that Facebook Post was a bit melodramatic and unhinged in and of itself. The fellas he mentions as being dead sound are cut from the Gemma O' Doherty cloth; they're nutters. It's all very bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Didn't even know he had a Pakistani blood line until Joey mentioned it! I disliked the creep since I Saw him stand up and shout at the lecturer and he kept popping up over the years! But of course the lads are on here trying to change this into a race thing. He has got away with being a bully for far to long and but his abusive behaviour has finally caught up with him.
    One things for certain he sure has a lot of pals on boards, trying to blame everyone else for his actions. I wouldn't be surprised if he is posting on this very thread!

Yes, he's a misogynistic thug and a bully. In addition to this, he's always come across as a total narcissist. He's disliked by racists on here solely because of his ethnicity and his activism. If he was 'one of their own', they'd be defending him to the hilt and going on about how women are liars and how the men who abuse them are innocent until proven guilty.

In other words, yes, you agree that he’s a misogynistic thug and bully BUT because he is even partly belonging to an ethnic minority he gets a free pass.
    His ethnicity and the victim status you perceive that ethnicity bestows on him means that he can be as violent and threatening as he feels like and remain above reproach and continue to enjoy the sympathy and respect of the virtue signallers in perpetuity.
    At least your honest.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One things for certain he sure has a lot of pals on boards, trying to blame everyone else for his actions. I wouldn't be surprised if he is posting on this very thread!
    Give it a rest. And stop accusing posters of defending him when they patently are not

Any questions PM me. Do not respond to this post in-thread

So anyone who points out hypocrisy among the usual suspects must be Joe Loughnan apologist. Paranoia is ripe around here.

In other words, yes, you agree that he’s a misogynistic thug and bully BUT because he is even partly belonging to an ethnic minority he gets a free pass.
    His ethnicity and the victim status you perceive that ethnicity bestows on him means that he can be as violent and threatening as he feels like and remain above reproach and continue to enjoy the sympathy and respect of the virtue signallers in perpetuity.
    At least your honest.

Noone is defending his violence.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

At least your honest.

You're doing exactly what Beasty has just warned Snake Plisken about.

Loughnane is all of those things (and more), and at no point in my post have I suggested that he gets the free pass that some people on here would no doubt be giving him if he shared their ethnicity and beliefs.

Advertisement