Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBP expel Joe Loughnane for assaulting woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Well were up to 3 pbp approved candidates now if that other posters story is correct.

No doubt you’ll have something more than blather to support this theory? I’ll not hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

alastair wrote: »
    No doubt you’ll have something more than blather to support this theory? I’ll not hold my breath.

If a mod will give me permission to name the cadidate and post evidence ill share my story in complete detail, name the guy and all, used to be a boardsie too, or possibly still is under another name. MG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

I was surprised that they went with him. I remember him in NUIG back in the day, a "heated" individual with a short fuse and serious anger issues. He was a scumbag tbh.

If a mod will give me permission to name the cadidate and post evidence ill share my story in complete detail, name the guy and all, used to be a boardsie too, or possibly still is under another name. MG

As I say - I’ll not hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

why not just do all those things apart from saying his username which is the only thing i'd imagine you'd need 'mod permission' for

• Advertisement

Mwengwe wrote: »
    why not just do all those things apart from saying his username which is the only thing i'd imagine you'd need 'mod permission' for

Probably because it’s blather. That’s the actual ‘pattern’.

Here’s the quality of claim at play:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112486939&postcount=118

Probably because it’s blather. That’s the actual ‘pattern’.

Here’s the quality of claim at play:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112486939&postcount=118

To be honest, while the whole 'why don't they just get jobs' thing is tedious in general, it's people like Loughnane that fuel that kind of perception, I think. Loughane did have jobs and from what I know of how that went I think he could be diplomatically described as a 'troublesome' employee. I wish i could go into more detail but it's not my place.

I lived in Galway for a long time and there's a number of people who circled around the left and the Occupy movement who are just narcissistic, oddball wastes of space - retreating from society/social conventions out of principle is fine, even necessary in my book, but emphasis on principle. But folk like this harm the left cause.

Mwengwe wrote: »

To be honest, while the whole 'why don't they just get jobs' thing is tedious in general, it's people like Loughnane that fuel that kind of perception, I think.

I lived in Galway for a long time and there's a number of people who circled around the left and the Occupy movement who are just narcissistic, oddball wastes of space - retreating from society/social conventions out of principle is fine, even necessary in my book, but emphasis on principle. But folk like this harm the left cause.

Not on the back of never having had a job though. Which was the erroneous claim made. Simply making up ****e about people - whatever else they are actually responsible for, needs to be called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,351 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness 95% of people who say they are Left see him for what he is. Also so called right just don’t like him for his actions.

Only few on both “sides” see him in a different light not liking him over his family tree, or because their side can’t do no wrong.

• Advertisement

In fairness 95% of people who say they are Left see him for what he is. Also so called right just don’t like him for his actions.

Only few on both “sides” see him in a different light not liking him over his family tree, or because their side can’t do no wrong.

If that's the case then the Left - particularly left organisations in Galway - have serious questions to answer as to how this guy got anywhere near running for election. It's not good enough.

Even after that incident came out at the weekend the PBP were still being dismissive of eg. the squat recording - his 'explanation' for that recording was absolutely risible yet they're running with the idea that it was some fabricated lie from the Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Gino had a very strange troubling conversation with M O’C on RTÉ 1 at lunchtime.
    In response to her query as to what he would have done next had he not been elected ( answer would be: keep serving the people of the constituency in whatever way I can, spend more time with long suffering family etc) he said he would have “gone for a long long walk in the Dublin mountains, 3 or 4 days, just walking”. Seems like a sensitive character.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Gino had a very strange troubling conversation with M O’C on RTÉ 1 at lunchtime.
    In response to her query as to what he would have done next had he not been elected ( answer would be: keep serving the people of the constituency in whatever way I can, spend more time with long suffering family etc) he said he would have “gone for a long long walk in the Dublin mountains, 3 or 4 days, just walking”. Seems like a sensitive character.

I can understand how you’d be troubled by that.

Oh, wait...

I can understand how you’d be troubled by that.

Oh, wait...

Why do you imagine I found the conversation troubling Alastair?

Why do you imagine I found the conversation troubling Alastair?

Primarily because you said you did. 🤷🏻*♂️

Primarily because you said you did. 🀷ðŸ»*♂️

So what’s the “oh wait...” in reference to?

So what’s the “oh wait...” in reference to?

It’s not remotely troubling.

Another cleanup needed.

It’s not remotely troubling.

What’s not troubling? You’re not making any sense.

Another cleanup needed.

Why don’t you report the posts you feel are not adhering to the charter?

• Advertisement

Why don’t you report the posts you feel are not adhering to the charter?

Already done.

What’s not troubling? You’re not making any sense.

His response to the question.

His response to the question.

I found his response troubling. You don’t. Why can’t you accept that sometimes other people might not agree with you?

Any development on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

coinop wrote: »

Reminder: Joe has confessed to dealing drugs in his community, but that didn't warrant investigation according to PBP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mc2IrSHOQU

Reminder: Joe tried to bully college professors and shut down lecturers if they don't agree with him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwJWNoiy_84

Reminder: Joe was arrested for attacking Gardai outside the 2011 Labour Party conference in Dublin.

Shame on PBP for doing too little, too late. The news about his latest assault is only coming to light now yet many people may have voted for Joe this morning without knowing what a horrible little man he is.

In general I think People B4 Profit are okayish.

This guy would have been better suited to Sinn Fein.

He apparently came to fame for exposing the 'racist' Noel Grealish, so his party probably gave him a free hand to act as he would.

It's a shame not to hear him debate in the Dail. He has a unique way with words

JL04.jpg
    JL06.jpg

I found his response troubling. You don’t. Why can’t you accept that sometimes other people might not agree with you?

You didn’t find it troubling at all. Let’s be honest.

I’m curious why you imagine I think you’re the saddo running the sockpuppet accounts though. I never mentioned you at all.

You didn’t find it troubling at all. Let’s be honest.

I’m curious why you imagine I think you’re the saddo running the sockpuppet accounts though. I never mentioned you at all.

You’ve tied yourself up in a knot here since Saturday night struggling to defend the indefensible whilst trying not to appear misogynistic and hateful. It’s very difficult. Instead of just conceding that the subject of the thread is a moron, or even ignoring the thread, you saw an opportunity to excuse him by insisting that his detractors are all racists.
    Even if his detractors are racists, why do you think that their bigotry reduces his thuggery somehow?
    You accused another poster of being a sock puppet when there were only us 3 posting on the thread. So unless you created a sock puppet to argue with yourself then that would only leave me and the other poster. It’s hardly difficult.

You’ve tied yourself up in a knot here since Saturday night struggling to defend the indefensible whilst trying not to appear misogynistic and hateful. It’s very difficult. Instead of just conceding that the subject of the thread is a moron, or even ignoring the thread, you saw an opportunity to excuse him by insisting that his detractors are all racists.
    Even if his detractors are racists, why do you think that their bigotry reduces his thuggery somehow?
    You accused another poster of being a sock puppet when there were only us 3 posting on the thread. So unless you created a sock puppet to argue with yourself then that would only leave me and the other poster. It’s hardly difficult.

Nope. I’ve done no such thing.

Some of his detractors ARE racists - more interested in calling him Pakistani than they are in his actual abusive behaviour.

I accused the sockpuppet account (4th time out in this thread?) of being a sockpuppet. Yes. I’ve no idea, or interest who’s behind it, but a sockpuppet account it was.

It seems to be a bit difficult for you all the same. Let me make it very simple - I accused you of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Thread re-opened.
    Please don't speculate on Joe unless you have a news link to back it up ("through the grapevine" isn't enough).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Not on the back of never having had a job though. Which was the erroneous claim made. Simply making up ****e about people - whatever else they are actually responsible for, needs to be called out.

He was working in Wayfair when I encountered him in Galway and was working at Aviva until recently (Cf. his Linkedin page).

Mind you, I doubt he'll be getting much work now after this.

Advertisement