Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card declined online, but can use at POS

Options
  • 08-02-2020 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Last week I received texts from 0861801622 and calls from 0768886165 asking me to verify if I recognised a transaction on my account.  I texted NO.
    Since then my Visa Debit card is declined if I try to use it online, or over the phone.  But I can tap it and use it in card machines.
    Has it been blocked some way?  What do I need to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bank of Ireland: Ashley

Hi Grazer,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We are sorry you are having this difficulty with your card.

If you reply "No" to a Card Security text or call, your card would be blocked for online or over the phone transactions for security purposes.

In this instance, it would be best to get in touch with our Card security Team by free phoning 1800 946 764 from ROI or 00353 56775 7007(this is not a free phone number) from outside ROI, and an Adviser will be happy to investigate this for you.

I hope this information helps you.

Many thanks, Ashley.

Advertisement