Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land business rates.

Options
  • 08-02-2020 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Im a sole trader providing labor in construction and own outright 3/4 acre of private land in the country close to my home not being used. I am thinking of putting a container to work out of and making a product part time to sell to the public delivered off site.

What sort of costs will I incur for this business.

Will I need insurance working on my own land even if no public will be on it as the product will be delivered off site.

Will there be rates and if so how much. How are these calculated. I own the 3/4 acre however I'll only be using a fraction of this. Maybe 1/4 of the 3/4 acre. Will I have to pay rates for what's used or the full 3/4.

Is there council contributions for setting up a business if using land?

There will be no electricity on site. Is this a legal requirement for a container or not needed. There will be no toilet facilities however my home would be in close proximity. Would this matter?

Advertisement