Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Mmoc misses out on the 4th seat in dun laoighre, great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jos28 wrote: »
    Not politically shook, I think he looks physically shook

Yeah that’s what I meant when I said shook. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I mean I don’t care what party or none any TD is from I don’t wish ill health on any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

No some people realise if you want decent services sometimes you have to pay a little more

Haha. Taking one smart part of my post to suit your narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sorry to be a lazy git, but was Paul water charges Murphy up for a seat this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

thats it. Paul murphy not looking great on the first preferences, if theres one thing I might take from this election , its the almost complete elimination of the far left and specifically the upper class wanna be poor left.
    I though Murphy was going to be ok? As is RBB.
    Who has been eliminated from that group as you describe them bar Ruth Coppinger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

gmisk wrote: »
    Richard Boyd Barrett will get in as well.
    If that's who you mean.

forgot him, ahh well if its only him and brid, theyre both loud yet ineffective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

lawred2 wrote: »
    He'll have knocked on every door he possibly could. Possibly not slept for weeks.

They be doin an awful lot of the aul drinken down there in Kerry on the day of a count. A whishkey here, a whishkey dhere. Oor drivin around here and there, but after the twelft pint oo be giving it rest like or u get someone elsh te take de wheel, and then an RTE jackeen, in town for the day, schticks a microphone in yur faice. Shur who wud look good at dat stage like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Richard Boyd Barrett will get in as well.
    If that's who you mean.
    DL is finished and he got in along with 1 Gr, 1 FG and 1 FF.

Awh so despite multiple splits in SF since the 70's which the IRA couldn't prevent they'll somehow prevent someone voting against a FF led collation because you say so. And this says nothing of FF TDs deciding to go rouge.
    You are showing your naivity. If a SF TD tries to vote against a government of which SF is a part in a vote of confidence motion there will be hell to pay and they'll come at that TD through their family. The republican movement have been awaiting their fabled promised land and it will not be denied to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭blackcard

Feisar wrote: »
    How can he? He and FF said they wouldn’t.

In the national interest (or his own)

• Advertisement

Politicians can and do change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

He wont. There would be a huge split in FF of that heppened. Mattie McGrath and Jim O'Callaghan have ruled it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Comfortably elected ? Yeah with a massive help from SF.

Does it matter? It was comfortable, it's not her fault that SF didn't field more candidates.

I'm not a fan of SF or Looney Left but you can't rewrite results just because you don't like certain candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

My payslip says differently.

Yeh, it's all about you. Pity there isn't a party call Me Fein for you to vote for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I saw brid smith saying she was happy to be eliminated but seemed to completely omit the fat that without the Massive SF surplus she might still be waiting. Also she was saying that PBP had a part to play in this change which if they did why didn’t people vote for them and not Sinn Fein ?

She said this prior to being elected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Galway east count is completed for the last couple of hours. What the hell is wrong with the rest of them..??
    Kerry takes the biscuit, Michael Healy Rae elected on count 1 and then they've adjourned till the morning......!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Awh so despite multiple splits in SF since the 70's which the IRA couldn't prevent they'll somehow prevent someone voting against a FF led collation because you say so. And this says nothing of FF TDs deciding to go rouge.
    To be fair, the two splits were over monumental happenings
    The Troubles - Official and Provisional
    The GFA - spawned Republican SF

Also, Tobin left over a very, very large question - abortion rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sorry to be a lazy git, but was Paul water charges Murphy up for a seat this time?
    Yep he will likely get one in 3rd atm and 5 seats up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I’m not a shinner but you can’t green light housing projects willy nilly , wasn’t that particular development more of a commercial enterprise than houses for the people?

No it was housing I'm fairly sure.

You're right, you can't green light housing projects wily nilly. Housing in a successful economy is not a simple problem and won't have a simple solution, if any solution. Be wary of anyone who tells you it is simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Latest scenes from inside the Department of Justice

Shredding.jpg
    Maybe the new million+ printer can make backups, just in case, you never know!

• Advertisement

forgot him, ahh well if its only him and brid, theyre both loud yet ineffective.

Well I don’t mind RBB really(don’t agree with him politically) but doesn’t come across as a bad guy outside of politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

More than eliminated. Totally humiliated. Utter gob****e of a man.

He may end back up in the Seanad from where he came from where he was a member since the 80s.

I though Murphy was going to be ok? As is RBB.
    Who has been eliminated from that group as you describe them bar Ruth Coppinger?

gino kenny out, saoirse mchugh not elected, paul murphy is 50/50, coppinger is out. Rita harrold did worse than every far right candidate in the land.

its a good culling of the hard left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

thats it. Paul murphy not looking great on the first preferences, if theres one thing I might take from this election , its the almost complete elimination of the far left and specifically the upper class wanna be poor left.
    murphy is in 2nd place right now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Latest scenes from inside the Department of Justice

Shredding.jpg
    SF havent got their man in there yet surely ? I suppose when you think of Castlereagh...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,615 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Get off the roads Mary Mitchell O'Connor is on the way home for good!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sir Oxman wrote: »

Like Renua...Aontu will burn a little brightly for a while and fade away.

murphy is in 2nd place right now..

5th according to the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

UsBus wrote: »
    Galway east count is completed for the last couple of hours. What the hell is wrong with the rest of them..??
    Kerry takes the biscuit, Michael Healy Rae elected on count 1 and then they've adjourned till the morning......!!!!
    Galway East is a 3 seater, Kerry is a 5 seater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Indeed but that fact there have been multiple splits suggests the IRA are powerless to prevent it

Advertisement