Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Get off the roads Mary Mitchell O'Connor is on the way home for good!

Who'll get jobs for the girls now...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

meeeeh wrote: »
    Does it matter? It was comfortable, it's not her fault that SF didn't field more candidates.

I'm not a fan of SF or Looney Left but you can't rewrite results just because you don't like certain candidates.

Im talking about an interview I saw about nine tonight and fair enough she got elected(that’s democracy) but she seems to believe it wasn’t SF who helped. I’m not advocating rewriting any results. The results are the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

UsBus wrote: »
    Galway east count is completed for the last couple of hours. What the hell is wrong with the rest of them..??
    Kerry takes the biscuit, Michael Healy Rae elected on count 1 and then they've adjourned till the morning......!!!!

Sunday night in the hotel, couple more meals paid for and another days wages for tomorrow.
    You'd be mad to finish the count on day 1, and if you can push it until late tomorrow night all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    To be fair, the two splits were over monumental happenings
    The Troubles - Official and Provisional
    The GFA - spawned Republican SF

Also, Tobin left over a very, very large question - abortion rights.

Republican SF were set up in 1986 when Ruairí Ó Brádaigh left over SF plan to repeal it's abstention policy in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

its a good culling of the hard left.

Don't you consider SF hard left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

gmisk wrote: »
    Richard Boyd Barrett will get in as well.
    If that's who you mean.
    As far as I can see
    RBB and Smith elected
    Murphy 2nd in the count but possibly running out of transfers?
    Collins in battle for last seat
    Barry in 4th spot
    Kenny still battling

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Josepha Madigan squeaked in by 400 votes. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

No, I consider them terrorists in moderate left clothing. Like adams wearing joe costellos skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yep, replaced by Hugo McNeil's wife.

retalivity wrote: »
    Mmoc misses out on the 4th seat in dun laoighre, great stuff!
    The DAil won't be losing any braincells with that result

• Advertisement

I'd consider SF the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If we are talking of a culling of the Hard Left, where would you think the political party spectrum stands now?

SF?
    FF?
    FG?
    SDs?
    Lab?
    Indo?

I don't know. But I do think we might be a country of Centrists. Wanting all things for all men. May your god go with you.

No, I consider them terrorists in moderate left clothing. Like adams wearing joe costellos skin.

So you consider SF's economic plans moderate left? Because even their followers would say they are fairly radical

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

But it is not paid by renters is it?

It’s not. The UK has Council tax paid by everyone, we have property tax paid by owners. Generally the annual property tax is factored in with rents. There’s no way you could charge both Property Tax and Council Tax here, people wouldn’t stand for it. It would have to be one or the other IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Have you tried mindfullnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So you consider SF's economic plans moderate left? Because even their followers would say they are fairly radical

no , I consider them completely delusional and so devoid of reality that placing them on the political spectrum may irreversibly damage the spectrum itself.

gino kenny out, saoirse mchugh not elected, paul murphy is 50/50, coppinger is out. Rita harrold did worse than every far right candidate in the land.

Kenny isn't out yet.

It's really sad that SF supporters are gloating. Don't remember this happening in previous Irish elections. Guess it's part of the populist trump agenda they are adhering too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

How is Alan Farrell even within an asses roar of getting back in? What is wrong with people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It’s not. The UK has Council tax paid by everyone, we have property tax paid by owners. Generally the annual property tax is factored in with rents. There’s no way you could charge both Property Tax and Council Tax here, people wouldn’t stand for it. It would have to be one or the other IMO.

I may have not articulated it well, but I meant that everyone should pay council tax whether owner or renter/occupier, not both.

I'd consider SF the right.

You and no one else.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Today has been a good day for Ireland, the electorate have finally discarded the shackles and stranglehold they (FF and FG) had on it.

Ah would you ever give over.

Shackles ffs, when there's people actively being locked away and made disappear in China and here's us living in one of the most developed and fairest societies in the world.

People really don't realise just how good we have it here...and this is from a non FFG voter..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Ush1 wrote: »
    No it was housing I'm fairly sure.

You're right, you can't green light housing projects wily nilly. Housing in a successful economy is not a simple problem and won't have a simple solution, if any solution. Be wary of anyone who tells you it is simple.

Nobody is saying it's simple but FFG don't and havnt have the desire or the ambition to make any inroads on the problem.

Kenny isn't out yet.

I want Kenny to stay....got to free the weed he's not finished yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

gino kenny out, saoirse mchugh not elected, paul murphy is 50/50, coppinger is out. Rita harrold did worse than every far right candidate in the land.

I think Gino Kenny is still in with a shout?
    Paul Murphy defo more than 50/50.
    Coppinger out yes.
    Rita Harrold and Saorse McHugh (not far left I would say) have never been elected before.

So far 1 person from the hard left as you put it gone I wouldn't classify that as a culling.

Also Rita Harrold didn't do as badly as every far right candidate in the land, look at some of Gemmas mates or some of the NP...they totally flopped.

Republican SF were set up in 1986 when Ruairí Ó Brádaigh left over SF plan to repeal it's abstention policy in the south.
    correct, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kenny isn't out yet.
    FG may have too many potential transfers which should push Higgins past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats wonderful news, Mitchell OConnor is the definition of a politician who has been promoted way above their talents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭maebee

I had never voted SF in my life but was almost swept up in their popularity yesterday before I went to my polling station. The 20s/30s kids in my life all gave them a number one and I was tempted to give them something but Gordon Wilson and his daughter Marie came into my head and I couldn't do it. But, fair play to Mary Lou, she has done what Adams could never do in the republic. I hope she uses her victory well.

Advertisement