Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

no , I consider them completely delusional and so devoid of reality that placing them on the political spectrum may irreversibly damage the spectrum itself.
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's really sad that SF supporters are gloating. Don't remember this happening in previous Irish elections. Guess it's part of the populist trump agenda they are adhering too.

You missed the election in 2011 then? FG supporters beside themselves with gloating, it was sickening as we were in the middle of an economic meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It's really sad that SF supporters are gloating. Don't remember this happening in previous Irish elections. Guess it's part of the populist trump agenda they are adhering too.

Yes indeed but they haven't spent a day in government yet or had to make one hard decision and had years of luxury opposing everything and jumping on every bandwagon possible. A spell in government would do wonders to quell this nonsense as the dreams and promises disappear in a puff of smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Considering all they were up against, the established party's in conjunction with the media's relentless anti SF headlines and propaganda for pretty much a month, and a commitment by both FF FG to lock them out of govt no matter the results, I'd say let them gloat.

They earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Guess it's part of the populist trump agenda they are adhering too.
    Eh? Is this some form of butterfly effect that's just gone way over my head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You and no one else.

Generally, the left-wing is characterized by an emphasis on "ideas such as freedom, equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform and internationalism" while the right-wing is characterized by an emphasis on "notions such as authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism".

The SF heads I know are right wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭blackcard

Went into another thread on boards, 'General Sheep Thread' Thought it was about the Irish electorate

is_that_so wrote: »
    FG may have too many potential transfers which should push Higgins past him.
    Yes, it looks pretty difficult but till the fat lady sings...or Gogarty whichever comes first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Regina Doherty gone.................

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Regina Doherty officially gone. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

blackcard wrote: »
    Went into another thread on boards, 'General Sheep Thread' Thought it was about the Irish electorate
    Nah that was election '16 mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

UsBus wrote: »
    Galway east count is completed for the last couple of hours. What the hell is wrong with the rest of them..??
    Kerry takes the biscuit, Michael Healy Rae elected on count 1 and then they've adjourned till the morning
    ......!!!!

Drinking time in the pub in Kilgarvan .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

no , I consider them completely delusional and so devoid of reality that placing them on the political spectrum may irreversibly damage the spectrum itself.

You just placed them on the spectrum as moderate left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ya right. They're the first political party to celebrate a successful campaign.jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

Richmond and Madigan elected in Dublin Rathdown.

Really thought the Maria Bailey stench would see Madigan lose out. FG have actually gained a seat here, not sure what the people here are seeing that I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just go to google images if your memory isn't that well. Plenty of gloating in count centers around the place.
    I even took part in it myself when in the LP.
    Although that was short lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Would love to see a FF/SF coalition.

They need to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

They need to do it.

Less distance to travel between FF and FG. Why not them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It’s not. The UK has Council tax paid by everyone, we have property tax paid by owners. Generally the annual property tax is factored in with rents. There’s no way you could charge both Property Tax and Council Tax here, people wouldn’t stand for it. It would have to be one or the other IMO.

The free council housing don’t eve pay lpt. Introduce council tax like uk. All adults pay it. Imagine that , they had to start paying a tax that wasn’t vat with their free money!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Drinking time in the pub in Kilgarvan .

MHR insisted they shut down for the night and celebrate in his pub.

The sons run the town, MHR the County.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think the initial support of Maria Bailey has had an impact with small business owners who would have previously voted FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

They need to do it.
    carnage

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Eh? Is this some form of butterfly effect that's just gone way over my head?

SF want Northern Ireland. The majority of people want nothing to do with NI in a union. NI is a lapdog of UK the last 20 years and they know their place.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You missed the election in 2011 then? FG supporters beside themselves with gloating, it was sickening as we were in the middle of an economic meltdown.
    I don't think the FF/FGers understand that this is seismic.
    In 2011, FF were always awaiting destruction and even then FG couldn't gain a majority and FF still managed 20 seats

I haven't read any gloating here or at the very least not much.
    Just people gobsmacked at what has happened at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Richmond and Madigan elected in Dublin Rathdown.

Really thought the Maria Bailey stench would see Madigan lose out. FG have actually gained a seat here, not sure what the people here are seeing that I'm not.
    Boat went out on the Ross vote , down 20% and others picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

SF would be far better off refusing to go into a coalition with either of the other 2. Let them make their own mess for (hopefully) the final time).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Doesn't suit their agenda. Plenty of that around here today now that the status quo has been destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They need to do it.

I'd say Mary's preference is Leo, she can't be out republicaned with FG, she has him by the balls. The dubs won't transfer power to a cork boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Sean Kyne FG Chief Whip Galway West as good as gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Because FG don't have a mandate- their vote has dropped yet again after another spell in govt. SF has surged on a wave of "change". It would be futile to ignore that.

Advertisement