Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Suckit wrote: »
    SF would be far better off refusing to go into a coalition with either of the other 2. Let them make their own mess for (hopefully) the final time).

Time to piss or get off the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Blanco100 wrote: »
    im presuming that most count centres have adjourned for the night. How are RTE going to drag out another 4 hours?
    The majority will have but if there are any counts going on they should fill an hour or two anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

road_high wrote: »
    No sorry to disappoint- figures I'm seeing have SF or FF with the most seats. People want "change"? So why the sudden reticence and hiding behind losing parties that I'm very much picking up now. One would almost think SF don't want to be in government?

SF have said they'll talk to anyone. It's FF and FG who drew all their Theresa May like red lines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

10pm Exit poll....

FG 22.4
    SF 22.3
    FF22.2
    GP 7.9
    LAB 4.6

Actual First Preference Voting after all first counts competed tonight:

FG 20.9pc

FF 22.2pc

SF 24.5pc

Lab 4.4pc

S-PBP 2.6pc

GP 7.1pc

SD 2.9pc

I/O 15.4pc

Exit poll was very close on FF, Lab and the Greens but FG and SF well below/above the margin of error of 1.3%

001394ab-521.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,143 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The majority of people want nothing to do with NI? Source?

The results of this election suggest otherwise.

This poll is interesting.
    Suggests that maybe a majority favour a border poll.

https://www.thejournal.ie/ge2020-border-poll-4999083-Feb2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭blackcard

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    If only the 'big'; two would chat with them...you'd think they wouldn't rule out anything wouldn't you

MM said he would deal with SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No sorry to disappoint- figures I'm seeing have SF or FF with the most seats. People want "change"? So why the sudden reticence and hiding behind losing parties that I'm very much picking up now. One would almost think SF don't want to be in government?

Nothing new from my end. Quite clear from the off that Leo and MM want nothing to do with SF. Unless of course you can provide links to the contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

FF are likely to be the largest party they'll be in the driving seat. FF claim that dealing with SF would be unthinkable so they should deal with FG
    Yep, Fg are next down the pecking order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Majority of people on republic voted for SF as a protest vote. They have no interest In NI. Leave that to the UK. We are trying to sort out healthcare. The Shinners would ruin that with their ambitions.

Why do you think it was a protest vote? People want change. FFG havent made any improvements to healthcare and they have both been in power since the birth of the state.

The definition of insanity.

Why would you think FFG will improve healthcare at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

If only the 'big'; two would chat with them...you'd think they wouldn't rule out anything wouldn't you

Yes, we can't govern now because evil FF or FG are excluding us. The new SF mantra- a day on from "change".

• Advertisement

blackcard wrote: »

Link? When?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

omega man wrote: »
    Is that what ‘change’ looks like?

'Change' wasnt on the ballot page. People should curtail taking their own interpretations as fact.

McMurphy wrote: »
    NI that went through almost 4 decades of a political conflict is a lapdog of the UK?

Seriously? Is it even possible to be any more wrong?

You also only became aware today that the shinners aspired to a UI.

I don't think Politics is your thing at all tbh.

It obviously is. I'm sure you be happy with Catholics oppressing protestants "for the cause" in a 32 country republic. I don't want deaths which you want.

Caquas wrote: »
    Actual First Preference Voting after all first counts competed tonight:

FG 20.9pc

FF 22.2pc

SF 24.5pc

Lab 4.4pc

S-PBP 2.6pc

GP 7.1pc

SD 2.9pc

I/O 15.4pc

Exit poll was very close on FF, Lab and the Greens but FG and SF well below/above the margin of error of 1.3%

001394ab-521.jpg

FG third in national vote
    FF still not back to top dogs in it

I love tonight.

When? He said it would be unthinkable on Tuesday

Sorry, when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I wonder would this election give the old Sinn Fein the confidence to re-emerge i.e. bring the paramilitary wing back. And if SF get into power how would AGS, the Defence Forces and a re-emergent IRA work.

Would AGS members be willing to forget about the likes of Jerry McCabe, who sympathetic who the young rank and file AGS be to SF?

Because SF need to show what they can do.

They have been given a mandate

No they havent. It wasnt a referendum. Thirtysomething of their TDs will be elected. Thats as far as you can take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Regina Doherty is gone

Praise the Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Yes, we can't govern now because evil FF or FG are excluding us. The new SF mantra- a day on from "change".
    So you reckon FF and FG would support a minority govt.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sorry, when?

Well he didn’t say he’d deal with SF but he softened his position of never during today.

I wonder would this election give the old Sinn Fein the confidence to re-emerge i.e. bring the paramilitary wing back. And if SF get into power how would AGS, the Defence Forces and a re-emergent IRA work.

Would AGS members be willing to forget about the likes of Jerry McCabe, who sympathetic who the young rank and file AGS be to SF?

Time to go to bed. School in the morning. Leave the adults to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Those who voted SF transferred Left.

In that instance SF would be wise to tell FF to get stuffed if they come looking to make Michael Taoiseach.

Make Michael live up to his promise to the electorate, the one he vociferously voiced to try to raise himself above FG and SF.

Let him construct some dodgy mess of a coalition. Play the long game.

No one else but FF and FG are excluding SF.
    What do you not get about that?
    Christ Almighty.

No, nope. Níl, naw, nada, ne pas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

SF have said they'll talk to anyone. It's FF and FG who drew all their Theresa May like red lines

Well then good thing there's 158 seats in the Dail. FG only have less than 40. So plenty of balls for Mary Lou to play around outside of FG if she's serious about governing and indeed "change".

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well he didn’t say he’d deal with SF but he softened his position of never during today.

I think the other FF tds and grass roots would revolts. Mehole only wants to be taoiseach for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

I'd imagine FF dont want to go into power with SF because then FG will be able to accuse them of bringing SF into power. probably the opposite is true too, FG wont go with SF either because they would fear the same accusations from FF.

they are basically both worried about getting slagged by the other. now they have to consider the horror of going with each other.

theres nowhere to hide now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭blackcard

When? He said it would be unthinkable on Tuesday

Said it in an interview on RTE today. Surely SF aren't afraid of going into government and sorting out health, housing etc.

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Yet if the FG interviews today are to be believed us peasents are wrong and voted incorrectly.

I think you are choosing the word 'peasent' (sic) yourself.

There is certainly a lot of misguided, lets say, voting, which will turn out to be a disappointment. Far too much voting for non of the above, by voting for something which people dont really understand. Its the downside to universal suffrage.

Advertisement