Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Indeed you might, but disgusting for those of us who are non shinners .....

SF really are far too subversive to consider for most Irish people, specially for those of us who know and remember what they really stand for.

Quite disgusting.

Dry your eyes on a poor widow's deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

gmisk wrote: »
    Hard to take you serious when you don't know it's a vox pop.
    It's probably most likely she was talking about whichcandidate.ie it's a handy indicator of who your views might fit with.

What are you talking about?

And take your issue up with her, she's the one you're saying is wrong and that you know better than her as to what she was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Poor enough for the Greens. 14% in the 18-24 year old bracket is brutal for them.

Still a lot better than 9 years ago but anurban vote

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Cannot wait for the boxes to be opened tomorrow. I'll be in front on the tv with a big pot of tea and a plate of rasher sandwiches. Bring it on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Delighted for sinn Fein they were so harshly treated in this campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

AllForIt wrote: »
    How can SF not be in government if these exit polls are in any way accurate?

Not enough candidates. Another general election would suit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

By either FG or FF forming a coalition or minority propped coalition with Lab/Grn/SD.

Or, and FF/FG partnership coalition.

Thats three ways. All are more likely than any combination involving SF.

I wonder what the vote tally is for Sinn Fein when there only 42 candidates? Neck and necks suggests Sinn Fein vote tally around the country is higher than FG and FF

You'd assume so. I reckon they're on for mid 30s seats. Most of their candidates were bookies favourites to be elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Anyone from rte reading on here , well played you done more for sf than sf did themselves to get the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

KD11 wrote: »
    Miheal was one of those responsible for us being in recovery.

Do you think Sinn Fein will improve the country if they ever get into power ? Their policies are the ravings of lunatics. I’d be no great fan of fg but they have done an ok job over the last nine years. FF will continue same hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Because the numbers can't work for them unless one of the other 2 agree to a coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭Genghis

When so even for 1st preference, the story shifts to transfers. When, does anyone know, will RTE / IT release that info?

Yes, SF will have surplus. Yes much of that will go left, but FF likely to gain more than FG from the rest.

I think that could be decisive, SF max out after 1st count due to lack of candidates, FG max out after 1st count due to lack of transfers, FF pick up additional seats at the end of the counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

That's some disaster for FF if 22% is true. 41.6% in 2007 (Bertie), 17.4 2011, 24.3 2016 Micheál. Any other party would have ditched him long ago.

They have little talent in the party to replace him. One of the worst front benches I can remember. Dara Calleary? God help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

That generation, and their various snowflake/'mental health' problems seem to have spilled over into putting the nation at risk now. They simply dont know what they are doing, but have grown up, have votes, and are now doing real harm. Its a very difficult situation.

The absolute condescension and stupidity in this post makes me feel stupid for engaging you before. I won't be again. Enjoy the new world Rapey

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Delighted for sinn Fein they were so harshly treated in this campaign.

How did their members treat Lord Mountbatten ? Harshly ?

If FF or FG end up back in I hope it's in coalition. There'll be some sparks flying on the cronyism and tough times for the people but it'll be worth it as they destroy each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Are SF Irish version of Trump? The older small town working class is still reasonably comfortable in Ireland (unlike USA), it's the younger people who are affected by housing and like what SF is selling no matter how improbable it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

Do you not know they only ran 43 candidates so can’t actually get a majority??

jos28 wrote: »
    Cannot wait for the boxes to be opened tomorrow. I'll be in front on the tv with a big pot of tea and a plate of rasher sandwiches. Bring it on !!

Throw in a few extra teabags and on a few extra sandwiches for me.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

My seat prediction - FF 47, FG 43, SF 28, Ind 17, GP 6, Lab 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

By either FG or FF forming a coalition or minority propped coalition with Lab/Grn/SD.

Or, and FF/FG partnership coalition.

Thats three ways. All are more likely than any combination involving SF.
    FF & FG won't go in together, as they'd lose to SF next time round. They'll probably form a government with a few of the smaller parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yurt! wrote: »
    If there's a do-ever and there's an election in a few weeks due to a hung parliament, if we vote SF, will you p*ss off sooner? maybe a condo in Dubai

Uni millennial type, aksing for a friend.

Well not Dubai, but if you pay for it, like I am paying for every goddam thing in this country with no "entitlements" to anything, be my guest. You are obviously a bit annoyed. No need.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hurrache wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

And take your issue up with her, she's the one you're saying is wrong and that you know better than her as to what she was doing.
    If you think a "box pop" is true indication of an entire age groups knowledge levels when it comes to politics more fool you.
    I have no issue...I was just saying it's possible she was using a tool like that to see what candidate and party best matched her views....chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

How did their members treat Lord Mountbatten ? Harshly ?

Hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

jos28 wrote: »
    Best to leave that till at least lunchtime, talking heads till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,097 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

signostic wrote: »

Who will get the other 15 seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Tr1ckieD1ckie

signostic wrote: »

You do know there are 159 seats to be filled, right?

meeeeh wrote: »
    Are SF Irish version of Trump? The older small town working class is still reasonably comfortable in Ireland (unlike USA), it's the younger people who are affected by housing and like what SF is selling no matter how improbable it is.

No. His policies match FG's more than SF's.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Are SF Irish version of Trump? .

Its the same syndrom. Similar to Brexit also. People not seeing beyond being frustrated or just simplistically tired with the sensible options, and so just voting for 'other/new' without having a clue what that is. Working out well in the Brexit shytshow for UK voters who indulged in the same x-factor type voting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Signostic you're short on total. GP will get about 15 seats.

Advertisement