Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    Because the media has told people in one of the most wealthy and stable nations in the world that they are living in a thrid world hellhole.

The average Irish citizen (working or unemployed) has a far higher standard of living than the vast majority of people on this planet.

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I've never seen such a government to limp from scandal to scandal so arrogantly all the while shouting about the economy...

Here's the thing,the public don't care about how much profits large multinationals make,they care about health and housing
    Very well summed up, and promising the world this election which just came across as lying as none of that mattered the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Local elections are just that local, no one is going to vote for some candidate from the other end of the county, theyll fix the potholes over there and not bother about mine, however in a national election that isn't the requirement.

Oh Good Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Because the media has told people in one of the most wealthy and stable nations in the world that they are living in a thrid world hellhole.

The average Irish citizen (working or unemployed) has a far higher standard of living than the vast majority of people on this planet.

If the media had its way we wouldn't have voted for SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

That's down to the hard work of the average citizen.not government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,146 ✭✭✭✭elperello

First part hyperbole.
    Second part true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Mary Lou must be kicking herself in the arse - another SF - if I was her I would be hoping for another election

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

smurgen wrote: »
    That's down to the hard work of the average citizen.not government.

The average citizen didn't mind putting Bertie into power three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,253 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'd imagine happenings outside of politics didn't go down too well in Mayo

What happened outside politics?

The voting thing?

Were they not saying Danny was in trouble to lose his seat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'd imagine happenings outside of politics didn't go down too well in Mayo

Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 69,253 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

fritzelly wrote: »
    Were they not saying Danny was in trouble to lose his seat?

The poll showed their vote share to be down.
    Turned out the poll was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

that they are living in a thrid world hellhole.

We've a 3rd world health system. So I guess that standard your talking about assumes you're healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

Because Paddy loves loads of empty promises and a few shillings thrown at him in an election budget. Bertie was king of both.

Coveney in by the skin of his teeth as well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The poll showed their vote share to be down.
    Turned out the poll was wrong.

Bit of Healy-Rae cute hoorism I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

And leo couldn't even manage to get them to do it once. Tots embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

These are the same people who think Apple owe us €12B.

Clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

blackcard wrote: »
    Why won't SF go into government? MM stated today that he would not rule it out. Maybe they will get something done and not blame someone else if things go belly up. When building expenses triple and wages double, they can no longer point at someone else and say they wouldn't have made the mistake. SF have been on about change, now they have a chance to do it

I've never seen such lukewarm response to potential and power and implementing "change" as here. It's almost as if they don't believe the manifesto their mandate is based on.

Cannot stand Eamon Ryan on the TV - always comes across as really smarmy

• Advertisement

• Best thread on boards atm

The meltdown is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

namloc1980 wrote: »

The by now the normal completely inaccurate TG4 Poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

limnam wrote: »
    We've a 3rd world health system. So I guess that standard your talking about assumes you're healthy

You literally have no idea what a 3rd world health system looks like if you think that's what we have. Populist twaddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Best thread on boards atm

The meltdown is brilliant

Apart from the embarrassing tots.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Cannot stand Eamon Ryan on the TV - always comes across as really smarmy
    Honestly not a fan but I thought he came across well in terms of being realistic about green policy and what might be possible rather than using the opportunity as a big lecture to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

namloc1980 wrote: »

Jaysus, Kerry needs to cop on voting these dinosaurs in

https://twitter.com/Jim_Sheridan/status/1226599135299751936

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Small hole in your theory being that the media are so anti SF it’s laughable. FG and FF are just incredibly unlikeable. They come across as arrogant, smug, elitist and aloof which is why they’re getting the woodshed from the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Thoughts are with the family of Jerry McCabe tonight, and all victims of IRA. Shame on anyone who voted for Sinn Fein, you vote for scum, don’t complain when you get poor government.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Do I still have to get up and go to work in the morning?

• Advertisement

pearcider wrote: »
    Small hole in your theory being that the media are so anti SF it’s laughable. FG and FF are just incredibly unlikeable. They come across as arrogant, smug, elitist and aloof which is why they’re getting the woodshed from the electorate.
    Next they'll be telling us we voted wrong, oh wait.....
    Thoughts are with the family of Maurice McCabe tonight, and all victims of IRA. Shame on anyone who voted for Sinn Fein, you vote for scum, don’t complain when you get poor government.
    Erm, sensationalism much? or another FFG loon telling us how we should have voted.

Advertisement