Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

is_that_so wrote: »
    He didn't say No, that's all.

That's enough. If Hitler was reincarnated and FF had to talk to him to get in to government they would. It's the only thing that matters to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Not saying no is some turnaround from what he was saying last week in fairness.
    All of a sudden those victims who MM cried crocodile tears over last Thursday night are a distant memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

threeball wrote: »
    That's enough. If Hitler was reincarnated and FF had to talk to him to get in to government they would. It's the only thing that matters to them.

Dara Callery now rowing back on the Never Never Never stchick.

I always said they would, so no surprise. But FF had better hope there is some time between now and the next election because anything they would say would be laughed at.
    Sleeveen politics is alive and well in FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No, it would have to go to an Ard Fheis of sorts and it might well be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If you listened to their biggest cheerleader (Eoghan Harris) on with Ivan on Thurs evening, he might as well be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

A great day for our country.

Do you really believe that?

I don't think having FF return to power with either FG or SF is a great day. There are no other realistic options given the results.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    All of a sudden those victims who MM cried crocodile tears over last Thursday night are a distant memory.

Mairia Cahill, The Quinn family etc etc all being given two fingers. Power is all that matters to Michael. I have been saying it since the campaign started.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

McMurphy wrote: »
    If you listened to their biggest cheerleader (Eoghan Harris) on with Ivan on Thurs evening, he might as well be!

I heard it. It was like a party political broadcast for Sinn Fein. His ranting drove more voters to them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

rob316 wrote: »
    FF are a party that governs, he will do anything to get into power. Does he want on his CV to be the only FF party leader that wasn't taoiseach?

It was absolutely foolish to say no way to doing business with any party before the election but he's a poor politician anyway who has lived off the smoking ban.
    I thought James Reilly brought in the smoking ban?

I heard it. It was like a party political broadcast for Sinn Fein. His ranting drove more voters to them

Yeah and poor Eoghan was so blind with his hatred and vitriol to see it at the time.

Talk about s hatchet job that backfired.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »

James Reilly didn't get his ministerial role until 2011.

Reilly just brought chaos and ego with him. He did try to drive the primary care centres, a good thing, but was overtly influential in the order of them coming on-stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

FG need to realise they are being led by somebody who had to wait until the 5th count to be elected and whose party (while he is leader) have never won the popular vote.

He was 300 votes short of the quota and it took a bunch of rounds until the candidates with 1-2% we're eliminated so I'd not buy too much into that. I doubt anyone was expecting a bunch of transfers from Peter Casey to FG for example.

Not winning the popular vote is a bigger issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Fann Linn wrote: »

And this surprises you? As has been stated previously MM doesn`t want to go down in history as the first FF leader never to be Taoiseach and this must surely be his last chance to avoid that happening.

I think people stopped listening to Eoghan Harris about 1986, but he's still good crank value now.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭poppers

So does slippery Mickey speak to Mary Louor will he go Direct to the Shadowy figures in the Ard Chorlaire that he was so adamant made all the decisions.

The ban on smoking in the workplace, which included pubs was brought in by Martin in 2004 if memory serves me correctly.

poppers wrote: »
    So does slippery Mickey speak to Mary Louor will he go Direct to the Shadowy figures in the Ard Chorlaire that he was so adamant made all the decisions.

He will have to deal with the 'shadowy figures' in his own party first according to Eamonn O'Cuiv last night.

'It is not one man's decision who we talk too, but the party's', was more or less what he said, echoed later by Pat The Cope in Donegal.

Rank and file will decide what he does in this case.

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think people stopped listening to Eoghan Harris about 1986, but he's still good crank value now.

Bertie certainly didn't stop listening to him by 86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 LMC7

MM is chomping at the bit for power,he'd go into coalition with the dogs on the street now for chance to be Taoiseach.
    After all the ****e throwing he did with Sinn Fein/IRA...

Surprised enough with Kevin O'Keeffe losing out in Cork East,he lost to a polished 22 year old candidate that looks like he just made his confirmation.

Don't think he was too popular seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The worst thing SF could do is go into government with FF. If things go pear shaped, they’ll go the same way the PDs went.

This is going to be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

He could very easily talk to the other side of the same coin instead

• Registered Users Posts: 69,090 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apparently in some constituencies without SF candidates contesting that seat people wrote SINN FEIN across the ballet paper thus spoiling their votes.

Also some people have said they were voting 'MARY LOU' rather than SF.

There was only one constituency they didn't run in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

L1011 wrote: »
    There was only one constituency they didn't run in

Im curious now. Which constituency was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

How likely is it that Mary Lou becomes taoiseach? If the small left wing parties row in behind her, she'll probably have more votes than Micheál for taoiseach.

Although I don't think there's any chance FF/FG would entertain being a junior partner, and I don't think SF would go for being a junior party either if Mary Lou get the most votes for taoiseach.

So I think it'll either be a FF/FG/GP coalition or a revote. Both options would be good for SF, and I think they're smart enough to realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The worst thing SF could do is go into government with FF. If things go pear shaped, they’ll go the same way the PDs went.

Or they'll claim they are being hampered by FF and try to use that to rile up more support because they tried? I get the feeling SF voters will be more lenient towards their own parties inaction than they allow for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Well what about their mandate for “change” then? Have been hearing for years all the easy answers they have- the public want to see those in action now. SF will have to cobble together a government, with ff or otherwise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Im curious now. Which constituency was that.

Mine, Cork NW. A candidate had been selected to run for SF months ago but she withdrew and nobody replaced her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,419 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

So I think it'll either be a FF/FG/GP coalition or a revote. Both options would be good for SF, and I think they're smart enough to realise that.

not so sure on the revote- how stable is that level of support for SF, if they run a load more candidates and lose a couple of percent of the vote they could be dropping seats, will the voters penalise them for not using there mandate this time to effect the change they say is needed.

i dont think its a simple as revote in a couple of months=more SF seats, although it might do that

Advertisement