Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

signostic wrote: »
    My seat prediction - FF 47, FG 43, SF 28, Ind 17, GP 6, Lab 4.
    Greens may get more and Labour too and that's a good election for FG on 43.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

50-64...SF largest 22.8....
    So it's not just "that generation" voting for SF in big numbers

How did their members treat Lord Mountbatten ? Harshly ?

Yes. Every Sinn Fein voter contributed this mess. Live in the past, TROL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

You do know there are 159 seats to be filled, right?

Yep ..remainder to the rest ;) I also predict that the CC will keep his seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Is every constituency polling station used for the exit poll? Huge logistical exercise if so, therefore I doubt it. I've never been asked on exiting ever.

Anyway, I suppose everyone is waiting to see if SF have most first prefs and who comes next. It's an indicator alright, but nothing like yes/no or FPTP in Britain recently.

We are so election/result mad in this country it is just something to start off with and it will do for now.

No. They take a representative sample.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

the_syco wrote: »
    FF & FG won't go in together, as they'd lose to SF next time round. They'll probably form a government with a few of the smaller parties.

Which will last a couple of wet weekends and then back to the polls again.

I repeat, Sinn Fein are in a win win situation with tonight's exit polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

What about the other 15 seats ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I do, once an adult reaches 30 ish they realise there is no substance to Sinn Fein, just bs

Ah gotcha. Well you’re going to be useless in educating those fellow citizens with that sort of attitude.

Such a waste since you probably have a lot of good info to share.

ismat wrote: »
    PBP, SD some of them surely...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I wonder what the vote tally is for Sinn Fein when there only 42 candidates? Neck and necks suggests Sinn Fein vote tally around the country is higher than FG and FF

There'll be a lot of SF candidates elected early tomorrow which will be big media exposure for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Its the same syndrom. Similar to Brexit also. People not seeing beyond being frustrated or just simplistically tired with the sensible options, and so just voting for 'other/new' without having a clue what that is. Working our well in the Brexit shytshow for UK voters who indulged in the same x-factor type voting.

Sounds like you've a problem with democracy...when it's not going your way.
    That's pretty much Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,097 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

FG got only 31 seats in 2002 with 22.5%. Their percentages since have been 27.3 2007, 36.1 in the 2011 FF wipeout, and 25.5 last time. They are the most consistent performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

And the other 15 seats?

Green will be 10, lab might get 6

Just impossible to call. Even Paddy power don't know what to make of it.

65+ percentages pretty mad too.
    30.2 FF 29.7 SF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Essentially we need another Election. Sinn Fein need to work out where they can maximise their vote transition into seats, and FG/FF need new leaders. Varadkar is toxic and Martin is the worst opposition leader in the history of democracy.

The left parties need to prove that they can govern together by pulling candidates from constituencies where they have no chance of winning.

Will any of that happen? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

gmisk wrote: »
    How so?
    I would think people in that age group on more shaky grounds when it comes to education and housing especially.

What country do you think allows people between 18 and 24 to aspire to have the ability to buy a house ?

What I was pointing out was that students don't have to worry about going to work everyday in order to allow others sit on their couch at leisure all day who have no intention of going out and doing a days graft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

We can't live in the past forever.
    We need to move forward.
    There was wrong on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Lord Mountbatten a pillar of decency :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

All the counts will be fascinating. I cant wait. SF transfers will make a big difference. I think SDs might do well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Will we see a threesome between Varadkar, Martin and McDonald?

Grand coalition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Throw in a few extra teabags and on a few extra sandwiches for me.

Can't wait.

I might even bake a cake if I'm up early enough :D

STB. wrote: »
    What country do you think allows people between 18 and 24 to aspire to have the ability to buy a house ?

What I was pointing out was that students don't have to worry about going to work everyday in order to allow others sit on their couch at leisure all day and who have no intention of ever doing otherwise.
    I don't think a huge amount of people that age are buying houses.....the problem is their rents are so sky high they can't see a future where they will be able to realistically buy a house later in life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Things could get very unsettled politically for a while, no party will have a strong majority.

I would be worried what will happen the economy and jobs. At least I work in IT so I have opportunities elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

gmisk wrote: »
    If you think a "box pop" is true indication of an entire age groups knowledge levels when it comes to politics more fool you

This is the peak of your debating skills, an obvious auto correct that was fixed so fast that your quote doesn't even have it, making you seem a bit unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Its the same syndrom. Similar to Brexit also. People not seeing beyond being frustrated or just simplistically tired with the sensible options, and so just voting for 'other/new' without having a clue what that is. Working out well in the Brexit shytshow for UK voters who indulged in the same x-factor type voting.

That's the problem right there. FFG and people like yourself underestimate the level of frustration among the squeezed middle out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

ismat wrote: »

Aontu, People before profit, Social Dems, Indo for Change,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

No. His policies match FG's more than SF's.

They are both telling people what they want to hear. It doesn't matter what policies match. You can have left or right populism but it's still populism.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,716 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Breakerz wrote: »
    Their actual policy is to build 50,000 affordable homes at a cost of €6.5M. The rest they say has already been provided for in the NDP, which is a bit of a cop out. Which is 50,000 social houses.

50,000 & €6.5 million... one of those figures must be a typo???

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They treated a lot of fish to a succulent meal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Delighted for sinn Fein they were so harshly treated in this campaign.

Harshly treated you say!

This is the problem, the youth have no memory (of what went before) when Sinn Fein couldn't give a sh1t as to who got shot, tortured, kneecapped, or blown to pieces by their 'alter ego' :mad:

I'm over 55.

Advertisement