Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This attitude is hilarious.

It's the electorate's fault for not returning FG. Nothing at all to do with their failure on key issues, internal corruption, and mistaking Brexit as the be all and end all.

Tell me again how well FG are doing in health, housing, infrastructure and reform? I'll save you the effort - they haven't!

Any FGer who's angry at the result should be lodging their complaints to HQ, not the voters who didn't buy the spin, auction politics, and promises that THIS time it'll be different, honest!
    This outgoing government is as good as the government that was given a F.U. in 1997.
    In difficult circumstances with no working majority they did very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

80% of those who voted ,voted against fg. Shows how pissed off they were with the Gov. Fg supporters are deluded toffy nosed ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 denbridn

I think any coalition with FF/FG won’t be accepted and I’m certain it’s not on the table the options in my opinion will be that of a coalition with smaller parties like that of the green or pbp and If that’s not enough for a government then a hung government will cause another general election

Billcarson wrote: »
    80% of those who voted ,voted against fg. Shows how pissed off they were with the Gov. Fg supporters are deluded toffy nosed ****s.
    Their expectations were too high as to what could be reasonably be achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Michael Gallagher now predicting only 39 seats for FF.

Michael has to be under pressure here from within, if that is the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well SF can no longer play the hurler on the ditch. They have their policy positions and they will very likely get the ultimate test of being in government to see whether they are correct in those policies. If not then like FF,FG,labour, greens before them at the next election they will get a judgement from the electorate on how they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't get why FFFG woudn't form a coalition if they are so against SF getting into power.
    The two of them, Greens and Labour would surely be enough.
    See how long that lasts. Out of all the immediate options, it's likely to be last the longest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

24% of the population that voted for SF are scummers on the dole? You realise such a stupid comment makes you out to be an idiot?

The SF core vote absolutely are
    they gained many votes from the traditionally other left (pbp etc..) voters who obviously also are.
    Beyond that you have the non scummer low income earners, students etc.. who are mad for free gafs and angry at FG.

The core SF vote before this election were lager swilling hooligans in Celtic shirts screaming 'up the ra' at everything , and the unemployed student with a masters in gender studies is willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with those types if it means they get a free house.

However this link is fickle, SF have to build 100,000 free gafs absolutely right yesterday and get all the people off trolleys or they won't be given another chance.

I don't think they're getting a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

It was a protest vote most people who voted Sinn Fein never heard of the nobody/scumbag they voted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Louth is down to the last elimination, a Green, to elect 4 in one count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

they gained many votes from the traditionally other left (pbp etc..) voters who obviously also are.
    Beyond that you have the non scummer low income earners, students etc.. who are mad for free gafs and angry at FG.

The core SF vote before this election were lager swilling hooligans in Celtic shirts screaming 'up the ra' at everything , and the unemployed student with a masters in gender studies is willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with those types if it means they get a free house.

However this link is fickle, SF have to build 100,000 free gafs absolutely right yesterday and get all the people off trolleys or they won't be given another chance.

At zero unemployment. Where did all the scummers come from

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah the ball isn't bouncing their way on the last seats which I presume was factored into the seat count for FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ha ha ha .

This is quality waffle.

You haven't a notion of the make up of their vote. You haven't looked at the data that much is clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Zetor19 wrote: »
    The sf scummers are in the pubs today spending the dole money watching the results in tv while the fools like us are in work to pay for it. What a country.

So working tax payers are getting the dole too? Thank f*** FG are gone. Somebody needs look into that ;)

Would this be something brand new for such people or something you feel FG have allowed happen for years? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 denbridn

I think any coalition with FF/FG won’t be accepted and I’m certain it’s not on the table the options in my opinion will be that of a coalition with smaller parties like that of the green or pbp and If that’s not enough for a government then a hung government will cause another general election

This outgoing government is as good as the government that was given a F.U. in 1997.
    In difficult circumstances with no working majority they did very well.

Balls. I ask again, name one policy they really wanted to kick off only to be stopped by Labour, then Fianna Fail that would have changed anything?

It's getting their own way has us in crises.

limnam wrote: »
    At zero unemployment. Where did all the scummers come from

the 43,000 working aged people who've never made a prsi contribution (CSO, 2013) , the over 63% of people on the social housing list who have no income outside social welfare (Dept of welfare, 2017 stats) and those who beat the game to get disability and declare their parents / partners as carers in Europes most disabled workforce.

That's the attitude won over the electorate and has us in crises. 'It's not us, it's the public that's wrong'.
    I've held off calling all FG supporters me feiner greedy I'm all right jack b******s, because that's generalising and not fair.

That's the attitude won over the electorate and has us in crises. 'It's not us, it's the public that's wrong'.

im not saying the public are wrong, this is democracy, I'm saying that they took one marshmallow now instead of waiting for two. Electing SF has a small chance of getting them and their kids a free house, but there'll be nobody earning enough to fund the welfare and no jobs for when those kids grow up.

the 43,000 working aged people who've never made a prsi contribution (CSO, 2013) , the over 63% of people on the social housing list who have no income outside social welfare (Dept of welfare, 2017 stats) and those who beat the game to get disability and declare their parents / partners as carers in Europes most disabled workforce.

So you're sad FG/FF are now out or happy? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The hard working clever boy demographic tantrum is something to behold. Yeah we get it, you go out to work every day like 95 percent of the population. I don't think they issue any medals for that

We all do. We get in the car or get the bus and go into work, but most of us don't spend our waking hours giving ourselves brain spasms about people in tracksuits smoking cigarettes who may or may not be on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jesus I hope they get more than FG, and I say that as a member of FG! Eeeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

im not saying the public are wrong, this is democracy, I'm saying that they took one marshmallow now instead of waiting for two. Electing SF has a small chance of getting them and their kids a free house, but there'll be nobody earning enough to fund the welfare and no jobs for when those kids grow up.

You can keep saying free houses.
    Its a meaningless term .

Meaningless. In fact it makes your entire argument less attractive . Almost silly. Almost..

Balls. I ask again, name one policy they really wanted to kick off only to be stopped by Labour, then Fianna Fail that would have changed anything?

It's getting their own way has us in crises.
    You're new to this politics thingy? You don't fly kites that you know will be shot down in order to save face. The FG government was paralyzed by a lack of a working majority and just kept tipping along at the normal stuff in a workmanlike manner for which they are not getting any credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,418 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well SF can no longer play the hurler on the ditch. They have their policy positions and they will very likely get the ultimate test of being in government to see whether they are correct in those policies. If not then like FF,FG,labour, greens before them at the next election they will get a judgement from the electorate on how they do.

The even weakened Ff outcome shifts the pressure to a left alliance led by SF. This is the only clear message coming through now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So working tax payers are getting the dole too? Thank f*** FG are gone. Somebody needs look into that ;)

Would this be something brand new for such people or something you feel FG have allowed happen for years? :)

This poster was spouting the polar opposite for days - make up your own mind about that.

Nobody ever has or ever will get a 'free house'.
    Anyone getting social housing, low rent, gets it based on need and income.
    These are the facts of the system FF/FG put in place.
    If it's policed poorly, by FF/FG that's another matter.
    Talking about free houses really says you don't know what or which party you're giving out about IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hoping for a SINN FEIN rainbow government.

Get the popcorn out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

43'000 people. In a country of 4.6 million people. Is this why you're all freaking out and spilling bile everywhere? Is this what we have to put up with because of that minuscule amount of people?

• Advertisement

So you're sad FG/FF are now out or happy? :confused:

Im sad that there was nobody to vote for, FF and FG weren't going to fix it , SF however will make it worse. There was nobody on that ballot paper who will do a single thing to encourage enterprise, keep skilled professionals here, encourage high earners home or look after who's still here.

The brain drain continues, the lack of skilled professionals will deepen, taxation will get worse for an increasingly depleted middle class and you'll be left with a high crime, high poverty, low opportunity country.

Advertisement