Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Will we see a threesome between Varadkar, Martin and McDonald?

Grand coalition?

You'll see a rotating Taoiseach position between LV and MM before you see that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

odyssey06 wrote: »
    50,000 & €6.5 million... one of those figures must be a typo???

They are going to build houses for 65k a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

STB. wrote: »
    What I was pointing out was that students don't have to worry about going to work everyday in order to allow others sit on their couch at leisure all day who have no intention of going out and doing a days graft.

And fogies like you are clearly not worried about coming out with cliched drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hurrache wrote: »
    This is the peak of your debating skills, an obvious auto correct that was fixed so fast that your quote doesn't even have it, making you seem a bit unhinged with the rest of the forum wondering if you may need a nap?
    It was a joke relax.
    Maybe look at the SF percentages across the age groups. It wasn't just going people voting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Harshly treated you say!

This is the problem, the youth have no memory (of what went before) when Sinn Fein couldn't give a sh1t as to who got shot or blown to pieces :mad:

I'm over 55.

FF and FG have their roots in violence. FF were gun running in the 70s. Younger people are not hung up like older voters.

• Advertisement

Harshly treated you say!

This is the problem, the youth have no memory (of what went before) when Sinn Fein couldn't give a sh1t as to who got shot, tortured, kneecapped, or blown to pieces :mad:

I'm over 55.
    It wasnt just the youths voting for SF ...look at the age breakdowns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    We can't live in the past forever.
    We need to move forward.
    There was wrong on both sides

What both sides ?
    Your thinking is foreign focused. We are discussing Ireland here, and a province of the UK should not influence southern elections.
    There is wrong in the SF side. There is none on the 'side' of FF, FG, Lab,Grn,SDs, or even the crackpot independents that until now were the lighning rod choices for the wooly thinking voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Some people were just sick of all the dodgy dealings ffg were involved in with tax payers money.

There was no credible opposition so most protest votes went to SF who were the closest thing.

You might be able to show me all the good things FG did but claiming false expenses, dodgy insurance claims and ****ing up the costing of the children’s hospital are all sackable offences.

How could anyone be happy to vote for such corruption?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

STB. wrote: »
    What country do you think allows people between 18 and 24 to aspire to have the ability to buy a house ?

What I was pointing out was that students don't have to worry about going to work everyday in order to allow others sit on their couch at leisure all day who have no intention of going out and doing a days graft.

Facing a life of renting in a country that is not set up to support that kind of system is pretty scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

This exit poll programme on virgin media one anAlysis. From a huge amount of ex fg voters , you will not get mine and many other voters until that fraud varadkar is gone and if you think those spineless school boys like Coveney or POD are the answer. Wrong. I’ve said it for years here , they try to please everyone and please no one. Would their spin doctors not have known that ?! Pathetic. I’ll gave MLMD one thing , she has more balls than those the other two clowns combined !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

And fogeys like you are clearly not worried about coming out with cliched drivel.

Nothing cliched about it kiddo. When you have a job you'll become just as cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

gmisk wrote: »
    It wasnt just the youths voting for SF ...look at the age breakdowns!

I did, and it was mostly the younger demographic who voted for the Shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

All to do with age demographics apparently.
    SF really got out their youth vote, while most over 45s kept well away from the Shinners.....

Not according to the Poll figures on VM just now. Sinn Fein the largest party among 50-64 age bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Harshly treated you say!

This is the problem, the youth have no memory (of what went before) when Sinn Fein couldn't give a sh1t as to who got shot, tortured, kneecapped, or blown to pieces by their 'alter ego' :mad:

I'm over 55.

Your age cohort voted for SF in their droves

• Registered Users Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭limnam

I do, once an adult reaches 30 ish they realise there is no substance to Sinn Fein, just bs

The exit polls don't seem to agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Some people have no idea what went on in the north. Were the nationalist side supposed to drop their trousers bend over and take it from the brits? It was a war both sides done wrong get over it .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Harshly treated you say!

This is the problem, the youth have no memory (of what went before) when Sinn Fein couldn't give a sh1t as to who got shot, tortured, kneecapped, or blown to pieces by their 'alter ego' :mad:

I'm over 55.

Yeah but unlike you. They know all about being held hostage with rip off property, emigrating etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Boomers giving out about younger people having a say

lol

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Some people were just sick of all the dodgy dealings ffg were involved in with tax payers money.

There was no credible opposition so most protest votes went to SF who were the closest thing.

You might be able to show me all the good things FG did but claiming false expenses, dodgy insurance claims and ****ing up the costing of the children’s hospital are all sackable offences.

How could anyone be happy to vote for such corruption?
    That about sums it up for me, housing also a complete disaster
    I personally didn't even give SF my number 1 (safe seat here and 1 candidate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

What both sides ?
    Your thinking is foreign focused. We are discussing Ireland here, and a province of the UK should not influence southern elections.
    There is wrong in the SF side. There is none on the 'side' of FF, FG, Lab,Grn,SDs, or even the crackpot independents that until now were the lighning rod choices for the wooly thinking voters.

Allowing American aircrafts to refuel here so that they can go kill, murder and maim people in the Middle East is pretty bad in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It was a joke relax.
    Maybe look at the SF percentages across the age groups. It wasn't just going people voting for them.

But that wasn't my pont. My point was to where they get their political information from and how it leaves them wide open to easy manipulation, from any political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Facing a life of renting in a country that is not set up to support that kind of system is pretty scary.

Would a free house help ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

That generation, and their various snowflake/'mental health' problems seem to have spilled over into putting the nation at risk now. They simply dont know what they are doing, but have grown up, have votes, and are now doing real harm. Its a very difficult situation.

The Thirty-sixth Amendment came 20 years too late.

trashcan wrote: »
    Not according to the Poll figures on VM just now. Sinn Fein the largest party among 50-64 age bracket.
    And extremely close to being largest in over 65! A few points behind FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

That's the problem right there. FFG and people like yourself underestimate the level of frustration among the squeezed middle out there.

I most certainly do not. I fully appreciate it is there. Its the brainless expectation that their problems will be best solved by voting for SF that I have a problem with. They are not thinking it through. They are voting without realising the consequences. They are being suckered in to voting for something that will make their indeed squeezed and difficult situation worse not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And extremely close to being largest in over 65! A few points behind FF
    On 12%?

I most certainly do not. I fully appreciate it is there. Its the brainless expectation that their problems will be best solved by voting for SF that I have a problem with. They are not thinking it through. They are voting without realising the consequences. They are being suckered in to voting for something that will make their indeed squeezed and difficult situation worse not better.
    But your specifically saying it's young people who voted for SF...look at the breakdown of the other age groups.

Harshly treated you say!

I'm over 55.

Go to bed, old man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

That about sums it up for me, housing also a complete disaster
    I personally didn't even give SF my number 1 (safe seat here and 1 candidate).

It’s like the man who keeps taking back his cheating wife saying she’s changed this time and won’t do it again.

At some point you have to dump her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

They treated a lot of fish to a succulent meal

Nicholas Knatchball and Paul Maxwell?

Advertisement