Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Very interesting!
    Dublin Bay North: will Sean Haughey get bumped?

No he'll be ok. The other FF candidate is being eliminated there and that'll get him over the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

bettering oneself so long as it can't be quantified monetarily can still continue but if the Euros are there to be taxed be sure that those on the left will look to be getting their sizable cut.

You’d have no interest in building wealth if your offspring have to pay tax on some of their inheritance? Sure, Jan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

namloc1980 wrote: »
    FF 38.
    SF 37.
    FG 35.

There's a chance FF finish on 37 because they are getting killed with transfers in the late rounds in the remaining counts. They are transfer toxic.

The Guardian newspaper referred to Sf as being like political marmite in Ireland but I think that mantle needs to be passed to Fianna Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

is_that_so wrote: »
    FG may end up as the smallest of the three so have to do precisely nothing. It will be up to the other two to figure it out.

Smells of taking the ball and going home with it.

You know this attitude is what's come across the last few weeks.. it's come across yesterday from all parts of the party varadkar coveney o Donohue.

Arrogant as fk. It's the voters fault.

Lads. You don't listen you don't bother speaking to the electorate your all knowing eye gave you this bollocking.

Whether it was the children's hospital, enda blaming voters, the bailey debacle and not sorting it out sooner, the reluctant approach to say you got anything wrong, never admit failure ,never apologise, the RIC thing, the dual leader debate excluding all others.

It's not one thing . It's cumulative you were treating the voters like fools but they were taking notes.

Now running away and portraying the same attitude..... Jesus can't learn a lesson or show humility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

FG may end up as the smallest of the three so have to do precisely nothing. It will be up to the other two to figure it out.

No change there then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

listermint wrote: »

You know this attitude is what's come across the last few weeks.. it's come across yesterday from all parts of the party varadkar coveney o Donohue.

Lads. You don't listen you don't bother speaking to the electorate your all knowing eye gave you this bollocking.

Whether it was the children's hospital, enda blaming voters, the bailey debacle and not sorting it out sooner, the reluctant approach to say you got anything wrong, never admit failure ,never apologise, the RIC thing, the dual leader debate excluding all others.

It's not one thing . It's cumulative you were treating the voters like fools but they were taking notes.

Now running away and portraying the same attitude..... Jesus can't learn a lesson or show humility
    I'd say that even if they went in with SF as junior partner you'd still have nothing good to say about them! Responsibility for government formation falls on largest party/parties. That's not them nor is it going to be them. They are now in the same boat as Lab, Greens, SDs et al in waiting to see what's on offer from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Isn't the ultimate humility accepting that the public didn't want you?

I'd say that even if they went in with SF as junior partner you'd still have nothing good to say about them! Responsibility for government formation falls on largest party/parties. That's not them nor is it going to be them. They are now in the same boat as Lab, Greens, SDs et al in waiting to see what's on offer.

You'd be wrong then wouldn't you.

I've alot of time for FG but they messed up. Open the ears and eyes and we wouldn't be here today.

Foxtrol wrote: »

They haven't accepted it... Have you watched the interviews. They've called the electorate fools.

I see you don't understand the definition of the term humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Danny H R on the radio now. I wonder will he apologise to the planet again:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But isn't that how every outgoing government is judged on ? I mean that's what they run on. And in five years time(or earlier) however is in government of the 33rd dail hopefully will be judged on their record in government good or bad.

I was mansplaining what the FG denial is.
    Not unless you want widespread strikes.

Hopefully we get a government who are willing to take on the hard work FF/FG moan about and blame but did nothing about. Same with the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Listening to Danny Healy Rae on RTE. His personality has to be an act.

It has to be seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,405 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You'd have to say as well that Irish voters are generally quite forgiving.. 80 years of FF/FG would attest to that..

But they've probably pushed those limits as far as they could..

Something for them to maybe ponder on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Danny Healy Rae was just on RTÉ radio 1 and he fully apologised for his comments about the planet and withdrew them completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Load of complete bile,dude

Name of the game.

Voters rejected FG... and they did fcuk up numerous issues.

However, given that, let those who ‘won’ now get off the ditches and put forward and implement THEIR plans and stop trying to drag FG into the conundrum .

Get out there and implement your ideas and stop trying to drag others into your plans.

On your own now....... get off the fcuking fence... let’s see what you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You'd be wrong then wouldn't you.

I've alot of time for FG but they messed up. Open the ears and eyes and we wouldn't be here today.
    Fair enough. I'm not sure it would have made that much of a difference with a possible third term coming up and voters getting antsy. Someone also had to take a hit for the housing, the delays in moving on it and the long lead time on builds kept it as headlines and IMO Murphy was the wrong face for it.

Load of complete bile,dude

Name of the game.

Voters rejected FG... and they did fcuk up numerous issues.

However, given that, let those who ‘won’ now get off the ditches and put forward and implement THEIR plans and stop trying to drag FG into the conundrum .

Get out there and implement your ideas and stop trying to drag others into your plans.

On your own now....... get off the fcuking fence... let’s see what you got.

They don't have a mandate to do that. At best they have a mandate to share government with other parties.

Do you understand representative democracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Danny Healy Rae was just on RTÉ radio 1 and he fully apologised for his comments about the planet and withdrew them completely.

He hadn't slept for 3 weeks.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Boggles wrote: »
    He hadn't slept for 3 weeks.

:)

Did I thank the parish priest ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Foxtrol wrote: »

That's why they're on here calling the electorate wasters and scum. True gents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

lawred2 wrote: »
    They don't have a mandate to do that. At best they have a mandate to share government with other parties.

Do you understand representative democracy?

He heh he .... this is the start of the pull back.

Load of crap.

He heh he .... this is the start of the pull back.

Load of crap.

Stop embarrassing yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭This is it

Any links to what Pat Kenny said this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This is it wrote: »
    Any links to what Pat Kenny said this morning?

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Wicklow going down to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They're sticking to their position of no deal with SF. Do you think it's healthy for democracy for parties to go round trashing preelection commitments?

They have also signalled their openness to another deal with FF so it's not like they're rejecting all options

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

gmisk wrote: »
    I think Gino Kenny is still in with a shout?
    Paul Murphy defo more than 50/50.
    Coppinger out yes.
    Rita Harrold and Saorse McHugh (not far left I would say) have never been elected before.

So far 1 person from the hard left as you put it gone I wouldn't classify that as a culling.

Also Rita Harrold didn't do as badly as every far right candidate in the land, look at some of Gemmas mates or some of the NP...they totally flopped.
    Glad to see Gino Kenny got in seems like a decent sort

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭This is it

Odhinn wrote: »
    What did he say?

Apparently he said all those who voted Sinn Fein are stupid, or something similar. I don't know how accurate that is, it's why I'm looking for a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This is it wrote: »
    Apparently he said all those who voted Sinn Fein are stupid, or something similar. I don't know how accurate that is, it's why I'm looking for a link.

Might be in here somewhere - I haven't the stomach to listen through it meself, tbh.

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/page/1/filter?filter_selected=show-filter&show=pat-kenny-show&series=all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Fair play to SF and the results. Not that I am overjoyed, but accept it as democracy in action.

However... if SF refuse to enter coalition if it is feasible (given the numbers and the possible invitations/negotiations) that is not on. Sitting on the fence will do them no favours, people want to see what they will deliver now. They have a huge mandate to get in there and CHANGE things, they need to show us what they mean.

I don't think there will be an FFG coalition this time around. FG seem to be ok being in opposition for a while. But sure who knows?

A week is a long time in politics as they say. But FFG coalition will enrage people even more I think, and play right into the hands of SF next time around.

BUT FFG could up their game and do what people want if they do coalesce. But they will still be punished. Need SF to make decisions really.

Fascinating election all round.

Advertisement