Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Ivan Yates predicted 60 seats for Fianna Fail, 17 for SF.

I reckon he could be on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thanks for the clarification about the term Taoiseach.

I am all three of the above descriptions actually. Perhaps fun was not the right word, interesting, different, challenging on many levels. A female and a Shinner. Whoa!

Different and challenging is what I’d use if I was all three descriptors.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,550 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yates was a bookie. Oh that went tits up, that explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

FG want to be oppostion.

FG don't want to join with SF.

They can leave the posters up I reckon, we will be going again.

If Sf prove impossible to strike a deal with, then FF + FG + Greens + Inds comes into play. Don't see another election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

Water John wrote: »
    If Sf prove impossible to strike a deal with, then FF + FG + Greens + Inds comes into play. Don't see another election.

Don’t see another either neither FF or FG will want another to quickly as the will be terrified SF will run more candidates and clean up the will rather Go together than that

With SF sitting with 37 seats in opposition?

They will get 60+ in next election.

Also you are forgetting FG want to (been made to) be opposition, they will not form a government with anyone or prop up from opposition.

It's FF and SF or another General Election and a fair amount of FF voters have reminded FF of their pledge not to go in with SF at the count centers apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

sjb25 wrote: »
    Don’t see another either neither FF or FG will want another to quickly as the will be terrified SF will run more candidates and clean up the will rather Go together than that

Them holding hands together again wont go down well either and make things worse next election.

They might aswell merge the parties altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Many would be disgusted if SF don't play ball now. Cop out almighty there I think.

The electorate who voted them in are chomping at the bit for change. Another FFG + Indos of various hues will deliver them nothing, and could last another four years. AND they may up their game and actually cop on to what people actually want now.

Fascinating stuff, well to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pjohnson wrote: »
    Them holding hands together again wont go down well either and make things worse next election.

They might aswell merge the parties altogether.

all FF have to do is look like they would take a coalition with SF and have mary lou say shes well open to it and up for it, run another election and the anti ff protest voters wont touch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

pjohnson wrote: »

True so where do we go then SF have especially FF by the you no whats

Many would be disgusted if SF don't play ball now. Cop out almighty there I think.

It's not up to Sinn Fein, they are trying to form a government without the 2 parties who said they wouldn't join them.

What else can they do?

:confused:

It's up to FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

lawred2 wrote: »
    You'd have to say as well that Irish voters are generally quite forgiving.. 80 years of FF/FG would attest to that..

But they've probably pushed those limits as far as they could..

Something for them to maybe ponder on

Fianna Fáil have never really recovered from the kicking they got in 2011.

Before that election, they would regularly get over 40% of 1st preferences, or in the high 30s if they had a bad election.

Nine years and two general elections on from 2011 and there's no sign of them getting anywhere near their pre-2011 shares of 1st preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

The electorate who voted them in are chomping at the bit for change. Another FFG + Indos of various hues will deliver them nothing, and could last another four years. AND they may up their game and actually cop on to what people actually want now.

The only partys not playing ball by the looks of it is FG/FF

I do.

FG would be total fools to get involved in that scenario.

They were hammered in this election...Well hammered.

They would be sitting ducks for the left to draw their pay, do nothing, and just snipe from the sidelines, whilst screwing the taxpayer.

No party could be that stupid.

Ball is in your court ML, let’s see what you can do with it.

As the great Brett Farve said to WR Sterling Sharpe when he complained about his throwing of the ball.

“Listen, I’m being paid to throw the ball,you are being paid to catch it, do what you are being paid to do”

That’s what I’d say to ML......

SF are willing. Its up to Martin to play ball or doom FF and give SF a majority.

Boggles wrote: »
    It's not up to Sinn Fein, they are trying to form a government without the 2 parties who said they wouldn't join them.

What else can they do?

It's up to FF.

I know, I did say IF they can. But they can't govern on their own, that's obvious. (Those days appear to be gone for every party now). But honestly if say FF offer to coalesce, + indos, could SF refuse to play ball?

Mad stuff. But a week is a long time and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

FF heading for 37 seats, same as SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Boggles wrote: »

What else can they do?

It's up to FF.
    If they turn out to be the biggest party it's incumbent on them to try. FG have said No and explained why. FF would be very unlikely to get it past their members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I do.

FG would be total fools to get involved in that scenario.

They were hammered in this election...Well hammered.

They would be sitting ducks for the left to draw their pay, do nothing, and just snipe from the sidelines, whilst screwing the taxpayer.

No party could be that stupid.

Ball is in your court ML, let’s see what you can do with it.

As the great Brett Farve said to WR Sterling Sharpe when he complained about his throwing of the ball.

“Listen, I’m being paid to throw the ball,you are being paid to catch it, do what youu are being paid to do”

That’s what I’d say to ML......

The shinners are ready to cut a deal with ff, so the ball is in ffs court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

is_that_so wrote: »
    If they turn out to be the biggest party it's incumbent on them to try. FG have said No and explained why. FF would be very unlikely to get it past their members.

If they both say no its another election and sf will win 100 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Whats the latest seat projection for the big 3?

How can they try if both say no. :confused:

We are voting again I reckon.

5/2 are decent odds.

MM must be sweating down in the Silver Key in Cork with his henchmen right now.

Who will end up as Taoiseach? Oh the dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Whats the latest seat projection for the big 3?

37, 37 and 35 for FG

easypazz wrote: »

Well then bring it on.

Time for this lot to come out from under their slates.

And then FF suffer. They will be the ones causing another election (along with FG) which wont please the already pissed off electorate.

Add in Sinn Fein running more candidates and Mary Lou should send Leo and Michael a thank you card each.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

easypazz wrote: »

it wont be that far, theyll run 75 candidates and pick up 65 seats and go in with the social democrates or other equally useless partners. Thats only if they keep up the momentum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

6 wrote: »
    Forming a government should be fun with these numbers!

Be surprised if it lasts a year

How long do they have to serve to get a pension?

• Advertisement

The onus is on each party to demonstrate tot he electorate that they are truly trying to form a Govn't. Any party deemed to be shy would be punished in a 2nd election.

Advertisement