Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They are going to build houses for 65k a pop.

You need to recheck your math, or read the manifesto this was clarified during one of.the leaders debates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Wow. This will get interesting now. FF and FG said they wont go in together and they wont go in with SF.

Could be fun.

A clear indication people want change.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

STB. wrote: »
    Would a free house help ?

I suppose it would but he was talking about students. The people who go to college and study are generally not the ones given free houses in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I most certainly do not. I fully appreciate it is there. Its the brainless expectation that their problems will be best solved by voting for SF that I have a problem with. They are not thinking it through. They are voting without realising the consequences. They are being suckered in to voting for something that will make their indeed squeezed and difficult situation worse not better.

This all coming from a pro-Brexit piece of gammon

Never change, Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

gmisk wrote: »
    I know what your saying but I don't think it's a direct comparison. Very different reasons for voting for them.
    It's mad how SF have turned things around for local elections.

It just feels such a jump in to the dark, all logic says that what has been promised can’t be delivered. The world in general has become very nationalist recently anyway, US,UK, rise in Germany etc.

You’re right in the way they’ve turned things around, can’t help but feel the quality of the opposition has seriously helped there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I most certainly do not. I fully appreciate it is there. Its the brainless expectation that their problems will be best solved by voting for SF that I have a problem with. They are not thinking it through. They are voting without realising the consequences. They are being suckered in to voting for something that will make their indeed squeezed and difficult situation worse not better.

In the 50-64 age group SF look like the biggest party. How do you explain that one? Can't blame the yoof for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

And extremely close to being largest in over 65! A few points behind FF

I think they got that wrong on their graphic cos the presenter guy said that SF got only 12% first preference it that age group yet the graphic showed something like 27%?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Your age cohort voted for SF in their droves

The pension issue probably contributed to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

is_that_so wrote: »
    On 12%?
    I thought they were on 28/29...might have read that category wrong apologies

Edit VM had incorrect graphic

• Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Being disingenuous about dealing with the housing situation.

Not dealing with the land hoarding properly.

And digging the foundation stone of the children's hospital where all things that folks were not impressed with.

There's foolish decisions in order all optically terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Brexit type mania again methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Wow. This will get interesting now. FF and FG said they wont go in together and they wont go in with SF.

Could be fun.

And SF won't go in with anyone unless Mary Lou is Taoiseach. Nothing is clear to me.

leahyl wrote: »
    I think they got that wrong on their graphic cos the presenter guy said that SF got only 12% first preference it that age group yet the graphic showed something like 27%?
    Thank you!
    I was pretty sure I saw that, so they had FG and SF wrong way round for over 65s.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

leahyl wrote: »

It's another plot against SF by the MSM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Could be fun.

No its not.

22% of people voting for a party means the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Brexit type mania again methinks.

Only an imbecile would draw comparisons with across the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

No its not.

22% of people voting for a party means the opposite.

It is. The people want change. Thats why the vote is so split.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

And SF won't go in with anyone unless Mary Lou is Taoiseach. Nothing is clear to me.

When was that said have you a source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lovely.

Id watch this person representing our country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Some people were just sick of all the dodgy dealings ffg were involved in with tax payers money.

There was no credible opposition so most protest votes went to SF who were the closest thing.

You might be able to show me all the good things FG did but claiming false expenses, dodgy insurance claims and ****ing up the costing of the children’s hospital are all sackable offences.

How could anyone be happy to vote for such corruption?

Exactly, and add in there that they completely failed on housing. No amount of 'but SF will do even worse' is gonna change anything. It's a protest vote. If FF an FG wanted to learn from this they could make great strides if it goes to another vote. If they refuse to learn then they will watch SF grow and grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I thought they were on 28/29...might have read that category wrong apologies
    Yeah, 65+ are on 12%. In IT as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

People feeling frustrated over rents and the price of housing in central Dublin is no excuse for voting for a bunch of gurriers, provos and lefty populists. Imagine a bunch of unelected men in Belfast with links to violence (100% men, despite the feminine front) having control over this State. We would seriously have to think about a military coup if they ever got control. It's simply unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Have you got her contact details? She's due a wallet inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

listermint wrote: »
    Only an imbecile would draw comparisons with across the water.

Read the post I quoted again. Then get back to me. Oh and I did say Brexit "type" mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

McMurphy wrote: »
    You need to recheck your math, or read the manifesto this was clarified during one of.the leaders debates.

MLM said during the debate that there was already €6.5 billion already allocated for housing. So the figure would be €130,000 per house

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This is not traditional squeezed middle paying childcare for 2 kids and mortgage. It's younger people who can't get secure housing and start the family. They have money for decent lifestyle but even if they save like crazy decent housing is very far for them. It doesn't surprise me they went for SF, however retiring generation resenting having to work a year longer voting for SF is incredibly stupid and selfish. I would overly worry with under 25s, they always think Che t shirts and PLO scarves are cool.

GDK_11 wrote: »
    It just feels such a jump in to the dark, all logic says that what has been promised can’t be delivered. The world in general has become very nationalist recently anyway, US,UK, rise in Germany etc.

You’re right in the way they’ve turned things around, can’t help but feel the quality of the opposition has seriously helped there.
    I know what your saying but I don't think it will have the same effect here.
    SF won't get in this time, and realistically they wouldn't be able to deliver half of what they promised, but then again neither would FF or FG from past experience!

SFs share is a sad indication of the parties we have to go against FF and FG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

:cool:
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    Your age cohort voted for SF in their droves

But why?

I can't forget what the PIRA & Sinn Fein did, all those bombings, all those murders with total indifference from the SF leadership .....and yes, time is a healer but not if they still believe that they were right in their actions.

I wonder what the Warrington victims families make of this result? Finally rewarding the killers!
    Enniskillen victims too........

I won't forget, hence I will never vote Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I suppose it would but he was talking about students. The people who go to college and study are generally not the ones given free houses in this country

I know. And the students won't really care about that as they'd have to be in full time jobs to appreciate the pleasure that it brings to know where your taxes are going. Their parents who the students no doubt hit for cash do however.

Advertisement