Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

limnam wrote: »
    Unlike a lot of cancer patients now dead from FG trying to save a few bob.

The health budget has grown massively over the last few years. We will have the same thing with the next government regardless of who it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Edgware wrote: »
    At least they are alive unlike Ellis and Ferris' victims

Let's not pretend that FG/FF policies haven't led to the deaths of 1000's.

Instead of bullets they got the rope or a river.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

pjohnson wrote: »
    FF and FG have been huddled together last few years and where did that get them?

Things could still get a whole lot worse, especially for FF. Only hope for FF now is to form grand coalition with FG & Greens, lock it down for 4/5 years, and pray for a change of a political weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trying to fling dirt at SF didn't work before the election

It's going to do fck all for you now.

Think a lot of people here need to realise that the days of IRA mudslinging are over, especially the more delicate who check under their bed for the Provos every night before they go to sleep.

Sinn Fein endured a sustained and vitriolic 48 hour campaign on the Paul Quinn affair by FFG and their media pals right before polling day and Sinn Fein went up in the polls, not down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The incompetents in the HSE system wouldn’t have changed with a bigger wedge, dude.

Just still the same incompetents, just costing the taxpayer more.

Go figure,buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

The health budget has grown massively over the last few years. We will have the same thing with the next government regardless of who it is

FFS. Yeh just pull the rug over the cervical cancer scandal that FFG presided over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Things could still get a whole lot worse, especially for FF. Only hope for FF now is to form grand coalition with FG & Greens, lock it down for 4/5 years, and pray for a change of a political weather.

Michael and Leo snuggling again will fcuk them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Strumms wrote: »
    Their electorate are literally frothing at the gills to get power, just upping their seat count doesn’t cut it for them...

There'd be some backlash from all the people who voted just for a change but SF says nah, we're OK, don't want to govern.

It'll be political suicide, but then again, people may vote for them again for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

At least if FF go into government with SF they’ll temper some of SFs ridiculous policies. There’s no way FF would penalise their electorate, who tend to be higher earners than SF supporters, with punitive taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder did anybody run for Sinn Fein thinking they wouldn't get elected based on the results they got in the local elections last year and now they are wondering what are they going to do.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    PBP said they wouldn’t go into government with SF ? So that’s two parties out of the reckoning. The greens might get 12 or 13 and the Soc Dems may have 6 so that’s 18 or 19 more but they’ll need more than that to have anything stable.

Why would they, easier to sit on their arses on the back benches and on every picket line earning 90k plus 30k expenses.

Just oppose everything, promise the sun moon and stars!!

No brainer ,dude.

C’mon.

Problem with our health service is not funding, it's ****ty management and union refusal to change and improve procedures without looking for more money to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I
    GooglePlus wrote: »
    Let's not pretend that FG/FF policies haven't led to the deaths of 1000's.

Instead of bullets they got the rope or a river.
    Enjoy your few days but don't expect the rest of the political parties to kneel down before you.

You can have your left right divide but you will be fighting on two fronts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

pjohnson wrote: »
    Michael and Leo snuggling again will fcuk them both.

Very likely, it's a hail mary pass, but FF definitely screwed if they shack up with SF IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

FF in huge bother it seems
    They might emerge as largest party but long term they are in decline

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

6 wrote: »
    Yep, that's what everyone wants, another election...

Form a government and get on with it is what most people want.

Well yes. Sinn Fein want to go again. I would imagine FF supporters want a leader that wasn't the worst opposition leader in the history of democracy and FG supporters will want to dump Toxic Varadkar.

Let's do this again, properly. Everyone bringing their A Game. SF with enough candidates, FF with a proper leader and FG with a different leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,506 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hurrache wrote: »
    There'd be some backlash from all the people who voted just for a change but SF says nah, we're OK, don't want to govern.

It'll be political suicide, but then again, people may vote for them again for the craic.

100%, Apart from Independents, who will be will to prop up SF ? They won’t get near the 80 even with help, it’s going to be a rainbow type government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Problem with our health service is not funding, it's ****ty management and union refusal to change and improve procedures without looking for more money to do so.

Will you go away, they cut corners financially and left load of women going on about their lives as their ovaries killed them from within.

All to save money, they outsourced the testing to the cheapest bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I wonder did anybody run for Sinn Fein thinking they wouldn't get elected based on the results they got in the local elections last year and now they are wondering what are they going to do.

I imagine they are, but at least they have a path laid out for them.

What about all the FG/FF career politicians who may now have to go out and get another job.

Will you go away, they cut corners financially and left load of women going on about their lives as their ovaries killed them from within.

You see, this is exactly the problem with some in the electorate. The facts are available for all to see and look up, but they prefer little sound bites fed to them to reinforce their confirmation bias.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I would think at least half of the new SF TDs did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

There should be no objection to having IRA in government, since we encourage it in the North. What should be examined is their record in government on the things they claim they will improve here. They preside over far worse homelessness and health service problems there.

What's the homeless figure up north, please don't repeat Leo's debunked figure of 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It was more amalgamation of the health boards and closures of district hospitals by Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil in the 1980s. After amalgamation, roles were duplicated but never abolished. I remember going to Cashel hospital in the early 90s when I sprained my wrist. I was in and out with a cast in under an hour. 2002 I had to go to Nenagh them on to Limerick and was stuck in the regional hospital for 5 hours.

I presume you have evidence to completely back that up?

It was more amalgamation of the health boards and closures of district hospitals by Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil in the 1980s. After amalgamation, roles were duplicated but never abolished. I remember going to Cashel hospital in the early 90s when I sprained my wrist. I was in and out with a cast in under an hour. 2002 I had to go to Nenagh them on to Limerick and was stuck in the regional hospital for 5 hours.

That's the root of the issue alright, but they kept the same levels of management leaving the whole thing top heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    At least if FF go into government with SF they’ll temper some of SFs ridiculous policies. There’s no way FF would penalise their electorate, who tend to be higher earners than SF supporters, with punitive taxes.

Wouldnt be so sure of that, the exit poll showed SF leading FFG in some ABC1 age categories. SF led in all age groups from 18 to 65 too.

In any case just heard that the election of Chris Andrews in Dublin South is the first time a Sinn Fein candidate has been elected in that constituency since Constance Markievicz in 1918. One of the wealthiest areas in the country electing a Shinner shows things have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Will all remaining counts stop at 10pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil can’t afford another general election, Sinn Féin know exactly where they’ll win seats now and the people who wanted to vote Sinn Féin but chose Fianna Fáil purely because of the local election results and to get FG out will vote Sinn Fein this time around.

Mary Lou has them over a barrel

Will all remaining counts stop at 10pm??

Up to the retuning officers to decide when.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

What's the homeless figure up north, please don't repeat Leo's debunked figure of 20k.

There was a girl on newstalk Friday speaking about this. She said the figures are collected differently as just complaining about accommodation is enough to declare yourself as homeless, despite having a house. Varadkars figures included these people but the actual figure was about 14 to 15k so still very high.

Advertisement