Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Has Ireland really never had a female Taoiseach before ?

F.F.S.

Mary Lou can say what she wants - a coalition made up of SF, Labour, Soc Dems, Greens, PBP, I4C and a load of independents wouldn’t last a month.

The people voted for change. Change is FF/SF/Greens. The people gave them a mandate. They rejected FG. Time up step up to the plate, folks. Give the people the change that was promised.

People who voted for FF did not vote to go into power with SF, that you can be guaranteed. A number of FF TDs are still saying they absolutely will not work with SF.
    It's a simple question did he and FG campaign to go into opposition, if the answer is no then he and the rest of FG have a requirement to attempt to form a government anything else is to ignore their voters.

Well no FG voter wants them to form a gov with SF. So try to form a gov yes with other parties/independents but opposition bench is vastly more preferable than going into bed with the shinners. If FF go in with the shinners it will ruin them.

The least bad outcome now is FG, FF and independents with Leo as Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No. Neither FG and FF have had a female leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This programme is a joke...talk about the bloody election not some one singing up the ra late at night in a pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

The antics of SF has ironically made a UI look further away than ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Edgware wrote: »
    That S.F. wish won't be happening
    So what's your alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

People who voted for FF did not vote to go into power with SF, that you can be guaranteed. A number of FF TDs are still saying they absolutely will not work with SF.

Throw in the Greens to make the stew more palatable to taste. And a few ministerial positions. They’ll come around. FF can do populism as well as SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

technocrat wrote: »

Ironically it's not up to SF. It's up the the citizens of both countries as per the GFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The silver lining to this SF nightmare maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

You've been on here talking blarney for the last two days and you don't even know the basics.

Absolutely astonishing.

• Advertisement

And MM isn't ruling it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

gmisk wrote: »
    This programme is a joke...talk about the bloody election not some one singing up the ra late at night in a pub...

Everyone has said it with a few pints on them. Or sang the celtic symphony. Or sang come out you black and tans.

I bet even Thomas Byrne has.

He shouldnt have said it on camera as an elected possible member of go ernment. And Mary Lou should deal with him

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

limnam wrote: »
    These clowns on RTE are not getting it.

Still talking about rubbish people don't seem to care about.

Hence the vote.

Very foolish of him in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That was what Robert Troy was saying to Claire Byrne that Sinn Fein should go off and work away and see where they get.

Yeah it's the best option. Another factor in all this is if something escalates up North, which doesn't need much to happen, were will this put SF. We can't sit back and turn a blind eye if something kicks of up there. The IRA were looking to blow up a truck at sea only 2 weeks ago. 5 years is a very long time to keep things running smoothly up there.

Well no FG voter wants them to form a gov with SF. So try to form a gov yes but opposition bench is vastly more preferable than going into bed with the shinners. If FF do it, it will ruin them.

Populist party not working with other populist party.

Let me guess you voted FF and didn't realize they are the epitomy of a populist party.

Correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Everyone has said it with a few pints on them. Or sang the celtic symphony. Or sang come out you black and tans.

He shouldnt have said it on camera as an elected possible member of go ernment. And Mary Lou should deal with him
    Exactly!

I'd prefer we talk about the election.
    Simon Harris btw on count 14...still not elected...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Is it that hard for SF to say sorry. Leave it to them to form a government. People have decided that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Fann Linn wrote: »

Which is as outrageous as it is predictable. An entire campaign run on not going with SF and their promises didn't last 24 hours before it was being rowed back on

We should give Leitrim to the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I get the feeling SF supporters are starting to get tetchy about the now extremely possible scenario of them going into government.

Should be happy, lads. The idea of winning the popular vote is going into government. Not being opposition.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »

It’s not his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

Sure,

But it shouldn't be taking up air time.

We've had it for weeks.

People don't care. If they put as much effort into fliging shiote at SF as they would their own they wouldn't have made SF the most popular party in the state.

Live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

listermint wrote: »
    Populist party not working with other populist party.

Let me guess you voted FF and didn't realize they are the epitomy of a populist party.

Correct?

And the rural independents want their “fair share” according to Harkin - it is nuts, what an electorate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Still should say sorry as not proper behaviour. They are just like FF and FG, cant say sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

listermint wrote: »
    Ironically it's not up to SF. It's up the the citizens of both countries as per the GFA.

I understand how the GFA works thank you very much.

Soft unionist voters that could have come round to the idea of a UI will be turned off by government in waiting glorifying the IRA in such a public manner.

I get the feeling SF supporters are starting to get tetchy about the now extremely possible scenario of them going into government.

Should be happy, lads. The idea of winning the popular vote is going into government. Not being opposition.

Is this your own feeling. Based on just yourself and no further information..

I think we should wait and see. Let FFG and some other group go in an continue to make no progress for a few years and then we will grt a majority.

Au contraire. Mary Lou and the gang can't wait to get their hands on the levers of power. Will Leo and MM vote for her as taoiseach however.

I understand how the GFA works thank you very much.

Soft unionist voters that could have come round to the idea of a UI will be turned off by government in waiting glorifying the IRA in such a public manner.

I don't think you do. And it's not a government. It's an individual spoonhead.

You don't seem to know the difference.

Thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This is it wrote: »
    Apparently he said all those who voted Sinn Fein are stupid, or something similar. I don't know how accurate that is, it's why I'm looking for a link.

Pat the impartial interviewer and moderator?

Give me a break.

Advertisement