Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Suckit wrote: »
    It's just another of the stages of grief that they are going through. I think this one involves hallucinations and false confidence.

The funniest was the panicking and pointing the blame.

I’d say it’s at the acceptance stage now, dude. SF supporters need to accept they are now tasked by the people who voted for them to attempt to form a government.

Seems to be going down badly as a concept with some folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

listermint wrote: »
    Are you 5?

Because you type like someone in primary education.

Ohh the irony would such a mature intelligent comeback ha
    Probably the best you can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

technocrat wrote: »

Proving my point with each utterance

I'm waiting for the my dad's bigger than yours.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I’d say it’s at the acceptance stage now, dude. SF supporters need to accept they are now tasked by the people who voted for them to attempt to form a government.

FF and FG have stated explicitly that they will not form a government with SF.
    What can SF do when they have no willing partner? It has to be FG,FF and the greens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You just got owned lol.

Shinnerbot doesn’t not compute!
    Doesn't not compute?
    So it does compute...

Two seats to go
    37 SF
    36 FF
    35 FG

I'm waiting for the my dad's bigger than yours.....

You were out 2 posts back when you lost the argument.

Still coming back for more to have the last word... how childish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

:pac: This thread. At least Irish politics has gotten interesting after years of being a borefest.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

gmisk wrote: »
    Two seats to go
    37 Sf
    36 FF
    35 FG

Both clearly going to FF

38 FF
    37 SF
    35 FG

That gives FF first go at forming a government.

What would have happened if they were level?

• Advertisement

FF and FG have stated explicitly that they will not form a government with SF.
    What can SF do when they have no willing partner? It has to be FG,FF and the greens.
    Or another election but I don't even think FF FG will want that.
    SF will likely run a lot more candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

No, I'm pretty sure that comment shows that FG are still in the throes of grief.
    SF don't have to form a government, that job lies with FF, unless they decide not to.

All the while FG hiding in the background like Harris and Murphy, and refusing to form a coalition with anyone. Really sound like the cowards that they have been suspected of being for a long time.

You were out 2 posts back when you lost the argument.

Still coming back for more to have the last word... how childish

Your dad's definitely bigger then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

You are being silly.

Oh really ? Speak to the people on the ground. Listen to the people on the front line of the health service, and they understand very well what needs to be done to improve it, and how the government can do it if only they had the right people. Hospitals need timers, and they need detonators. Until we have enough elected representatives with this kind of knowledge, how do people expect them to improve the health service ? Tip of the hat to the good people of Dublin North West.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fann Linn wrote: »
    FG TD getting minced now by nobody on CB live.

No wonder SF inanimate rods topped the polls all over the place.

Speaking of inanimate carbon rods the best laugh I got from this election was from the new SF Kildare South TD Patricia Ryan. Her sons bought her a holiday for a Xmas present and it clashed with the 3 week election campaign. So off she goes on holiday right in the middle of an election campaign, not a bother on her and then comes back home to get 10,500 first preference votes and ends up unseating the Fianna Fail incumbent Fiona oLoughlin Healy :D Healy got beaten by a candidate who was sitting relaxing on the beach !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

devnull wrote: »
    Both clearly going to FF

38 FF
    37 SF
    35 FG

Nothing it's not a law. SF will also be trying to form a government at the same time

Your dad's definitely bigger then

Thanks for proving my point.

Nighty night then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

devnull wrote: »
    Both clearly going to FF

38 FF
    37 SF
    35 FG

Technically they are level as both WON 37 seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Oh really ? Speak to the people on the ground. Listen to the people on the front line of the health service, and they understand very well what needs to be done to improve it, and how the government can do it if only they had the right people. Hospitals need timers, and they need detonators. Until we have enough elected representatives with this kind of knowledge, how do people expect them to improve the health service ? Tip of the hat to the good people of Dublin North West.

As I say pretty silly, you should try dealing with your hurt over the election results in a more positive way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Still can’t believe people were so silly to vote SF. Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And the rest of the left John, need to step up.

This lot have spent many hours on picket lines purporting to have all the answers.Worn out many batteries on bullhorns.

Can’t do that for the rest of their careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

gmisk wrote: »
    Two seats to go
    37 SF
    36 FF
    35 FG

2 FF and 1 FG in the running for those final 2 seats. Almost a certainty that they'll go to FF

Timers and detonators...you really need to grow up.

Funny you should mention the two places that FG didn't have clue about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Suckit wrote: »
    No, I'm pretty sure that comment shows that FG are still in the throes of grief.
    SF don't have to form a government, that job lies with FF, unless they decide not to.

All the while FG hiding in the background like Harris and Murphy, and refusing to form a coalition with anyone. Really sound like the cowards that they have been suspected of being for a long time.

FG will be third in seat numbers. That’s not a mandate from the people to govern.

Ye lads should be happy. You’ve got the call up; are going to pull on the jersey and get to play a bit of senior hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Speaking of inanimate carbon rods the best laugh I got from this election was from the new SF Kildare South TD Patricia Ryan. Her sons bought her a holiday for a Xmas present and it clashed with the 3 week election campaign. So off she goes on holiday right in the middle of an election campaign, not a bother on her and then comes back home to get 10,500 first preference votes and ends up unseating the Fianna Fail incumbent Fiona oLoughlin Healy :D Healy got beaten by a candidate who was sitting relaxing on the beach !

Maybe it shows the people who voted for her did just for the sake of change and hadn't a scooby what they were voting for apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

FG aren’t perfect but they are infinitely better than any of the alternatives.

WWN sums up FG in a nutshell.

"
    Fine Gael Apologise That Nation Too Pig Ignorant & Thick To Appreciate How Great Party Is"

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/02/10/fine-gael-apologise-that-nation-too-pig-ignorant-thick-to-appreciate-how-great-party-is/

FG will be third in seat numbers. That’s not a mandate from the people to govern.

Ye lads should be happy. You’ve got the call up; are going to pull on the jersey and get to play a bit of senior hurling.
    SF won't be pulling on anything if it's not possible, nor will most of their voters be bothered if they don't.

As mentioned, everyone knows what cards are on the table, while FG scurry into their holes, the doers are out trying to get things done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Muahahaha wrote: »

It shows the vetting and expectation of SF party.

To think that stuff like that working out will rollover into another election in 4 months or 4 years time is extremely presumptuous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

We've had independents and parties who've come nearly bottom in seat numbers govern before. This talk of mandates is nonsense

Advertisement