Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There’ll be less FG women in the Dáil for the regulars around here to throw shade at. One drawback for the men (always men) of the current affairs forum.

You must be in your element. You can carry on your misogynist insults about Mary Lou out the side of your mouth while trying to put same on people posting on legitimate political gripes with female politicians like all they have is being female. Pretty sexist.

Former advisor to Alan Shatter and Frances Fitzgerald, so she knows the legal ropes.

Sounds like she gives poor advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You must be in your element. You can carry on your misogynist insults about Mary Lou out the side of your mouth while trying to put same on people posting on legitimate political gripes wuth female politicians like all they have is being female. Pretty sexist.

Misogynistic insults about ML? When? I did say she had a voice like a foghorn but that’s just her voice and nothing to do with her sexuality. I’d say the same thing about Noel Rock and he’s one of my lads.

She’s going to be Tánaiste or a rotating Taoiseach pretty soon and well done to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Or gave good advice that was ignored.

• Advertisement

Misogynistic insults about ML? When? I did say she had a voice like a foghorn but that’s just her voice and nothing to do with her sexuality. I’d say the same thing about Noel Rock and he’s one of my lads.

You have often posted on ML's voice.
    Rest of us keep it country and about politics or attempted fraud obvs.

The 'men, always men' bit is stale JF.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Not out of touch with D4. Are they not as entitled to representation as anyone else ?

Yes there's a bedrock middle-class constituency there for FG going forward. What constituency will FF have if they do the deal with SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Acosta

There’ll be less FG women in the Dáil for the regulars around here to throw shade at. One drawback for the men (always men) of the current affairs forum.

Never voted FG but thought Kate O'Connell was a pretty good. Certainly a lot more likeable than this one. Or else after watching RTE this afternoon I've just had enough of her. She is very smug and snooty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Aren’t you the lad who thought a working government could be formed with 61 seats? No offence dude, but I’d suggest numbers aren’t your forte.

When?
    I'm sure you have a link, but no idea what you're referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

last 2 to FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No surprise there.

That's the fg arrogance coming through again.

Not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

limnam wrote: »
    She's a dose.

Out of touch D4 toff.

Last time I checked Killiney is not in D4 ...
    Nor is West Dublin , where she is from

You guys seem upset she destroyed Cullinane over the “up the ra” speech

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Suckit wrote: »
    When?
    I'm sure you have a link, but no idea what you're referring to.

Sorry, mixed you up with a lad called Strumms. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

limnam wrote: »
    She's a dose.

Out of touch D4 toff.

Mary Lou?

No, she’s D6 I believe. Daughter of a property developer, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simon Harris elected alongside Fianna Fáil's Stephen Donnelly and the Green Party's Steven Matthews

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The 1 things that made me shake my head at SF and it is an optic thing is that singing of the Black & Tans and the flag waving yesterday. If they want to be in government (and I know they can't control some who may come to a count centre) SF need to be mindful of what they say can be portrait

That song could apply to Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil, Sinn Féin have not exclusivity to it. I believe that was a quip at the recent RIC/Aux commemorations planned. They knew FG voters would comment on it and trolled you perfectly.

If you want to see real hate then book a flight to Luton. My ex girlfriend is from Dunstable. The UKIP BNP EDL ****e that goes on there every day of the week is vehemently anti-Irish singing “no surrender to the IRA” and shouting out out out whilst waving union jacks and England flags. Ironically when the tories cut their benefits, where do you think they came to for €203pw?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Mary Lou?

No, she’s D6 I believe. Daughter of a property developer, no less.

Well she was originally in FF

• Registered Users Posts: 17,545 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

With all seats in now I cannot imagine a worst scenario than a FF/SF alliance (with the Greens for good measure) for the next 4 years - that's if they even last 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

I hate to think of that Fianna Fail grub with the ginger beard grinding on Holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

fritzelly wrote: »
    With all seats in now I cannot imagine a worst scenario than a FF/SF alliance (with the Greens for good measure) for the next 4 years - that's if they even last 6 months

I'm looking forward to Leo & MM giving each other confidence and supply from the opposition benchs this time round.
    ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

I hate to think of that Fianna Fail grub with the ginger beard grinding on Holly.

Stop will ya. Now I am

6 months? Be surprised if SF hung around that long. That government will give a whole new meaning to 'temporary little arrangement'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Leo & MM giving each other confidence and supply from the opposition benchs this time round.
    ðŸ˜

Maths are obviously not your strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

STB. wrote: »
    Maths are obviously not your strong point.

Please explain? My post had nothing to do with maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,545 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

6 months? Be surprised if SF hung around that long. That government will give a whole new meaning to 'temporary little arrangement'.

I did say if even 6 months - SF out saying FF are impossible to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Please explain? My post had nothing to do with maths.

Your post had everything to do with maths.

If Leo and MM with a combined 73 seats are "consigned to the opposition benches", who is running the country and how "mathematically"?

I did say if even 6 months - SF out saying FF are impossible to deal with

For SF, if FF doesn't allow the SF manifesto to be photocopied as the program for government, they will be 'impossible to deal with'...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How does the allocation of votes from elected ( over quotas) and eliminated candidates work, do they choose who gets the votes, sorry that may have been asked and explained before but grateful for an explanation now please :o;)

The 1 things that made me shake my head at SF and it is an optic thing is that singing of the Black & Tans and the flag waving yesterday. If they want to be in government (and I know they can't control some who may come to a count centre) SF need to be mindful of what they say can be portrait

They don't (really) want to be in government this time, unless FF rolls over and agrees to all of their demands. They want another election ASAP so they can convert their support into the number of seats it merits, then they will be running the show at the head of a left coalition and their supporters won't have to answer to anybody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How does the allocation of votes from elected ( over quotas) and eliminated candidates work, do they choose who gets the votes, sorry that may have been asked and explained before but grateful for an explanation now please :o;)

After the first count when all the number ones have been counted the first thing to happen is that the surplus votes of a successful candidate who has exceeded the quota will be distributed. This is done by checking the second preferences on all the ballot papers of the candidate and distributing his or her number twos in proportion.

When all the first-count surpluses have been distributed the returning officer will then move on to eliminating the candidate with the lowest number of votes. The number twos will be counted and allocated to the other candidates. The next lowest will be eliminated and so on

Advertisement