Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

limnam wrote: »
    How could she hide what was already in the public domain?

Myabe if FF/FG concentrated on attacking the SF manifesto etc and not what someone said over a decade ago they wouldn't be in the mess they're in now.

He sang a song that was number 1 in the charts in the uk and ireland because of leo!

He waves an IRISH flag!

He said up the RA!

That's what we may end up with opposition.

doomed.

She claimed it never happened, the usual line of SF until evidence emerges. When it comes to trying to hide the past they are the poster boys what you referenced.

I do agree with you that FF/FG should have put more focus on attacking the SF manifesto and it is why I think some SF supporters are away with the fairies if they believe that forcing another election quickly will automatically end up with the same votes with them running more candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It is if you keep putting people in it who do things like hide cervical cancer results from women.

What does this even mean? Lets just put up with what we have?

This is as good as it gets?

No I'm sorry, it's not. It's a shambles.

The main culprits in that were the civil servants and no matter who is in government those same faces will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It is if you keep putting people in it who do things like hide cervical cancer results from women.

What does this even mean? Lets just put up with what we have?

This is as good as it gets?

No I'm sorry, it's not. It's a shambles.

The HSE needs root and branch overhaul resulting in a whole lot of public sector workers having their noses put out of joint. FG didnt dare do it and SF would be ideologically opposed to even considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You think people dieing left on trolleys is reasonable?

We're doomed.

Health care is an almost impossible issue to solve.

Here are a handful of the reasons:

People are living far longer (because of investment in health - square that circle). This healthcare is expensive, complex, and often involved long stays in hospital.

We invest more in healthcare per capita than any other country in Europe. Much of this is lost to missed economies of scale due to our obsession with useless ‘county town’ hospitals.

The HSC is a lumbering behemoth with no centralised delivery of even basic services like IT and Logistics. But we cannot solve this as any investment in ancillary services as opposed to the frontline will be met with howls of indignation.

Our cancer care plan now involves us having the beat outcomes in Europe for a wide range of cancers. We invested hugely in that.

All parties have signed up to Slainte care. It’s the only game in town, and the good work of the much maligned Harris.

However it won’t be enough. This is a worldwide issue. Healthcare is becoming ever more complex and expensive, and people are living into their 90’s. It’s an enormous societal issue and there is no easy answer.

Any parties suggesting otherwise are being incredibly disingenuous and populist. They need to be called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,215 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, this isn't going the way limnam thinks it is on Twitter.

Sinn Féin are getting killed for it while the bots shout "wHaT aBoUt De HoMeLeSs"

And SF support on Twitter is generally huge, but it's gone quiet today.

I follow everything news related and also all the main political parties and personalities on Twitter.

Cullinane was trending for a while this AM, but has disappeared as a topic.

502539.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Except none of that is true.

More fake populist nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The HSE needs root and branch overhaul resulting in a whole lot of public sector workers having their noses put out of joint. FG didnt dare do it and SF would be ideologically opposed to even considering it.

FF/FG talking loud and saying nothing on health has gone on for many decades. It's a complete farce.
    Kenny blew the best chance any government had in 2011.
    Some government needs to step up. We know it won't be a FF or FG one.
    Maybe FF might let some junior partner take the hit while sorting it out. Be nice for a positive in the next FF sh*tshow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Except none of that is true.

More fake populist nonsense

So the shinner didn't shout 'up the 'ra' and the buck doesn't stop with the health minister? I'll miss that laugh, the FG government were the ministers are just a few lads with titles not responsible for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So the shinner didn't shout 'up the 'ra' and the buck doesn't stop with the health minister? I'll miss that laugh, the FG government were the ministers are just a few lads with titles not responsible for anything.

Well Simon Harris hiding results from 206 women is pure lies.

You know it, everyone knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Oh, it's being planned as we speak, and subject to government approval in about September, due to be rolled out in 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Only stable numbers for a new government since FG& FF have ruled out SF is FF/FG/Greens total 85 seats. Of course it leaves SF as the largest opposition party.
    So FF &FG have to decide, step up to the plate or face a new election as the numbers do not exist for a SF government. Interesting times ahead.

I see she subsequently tried to correct herself! That's the interweb for you. No take backsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The main culprits in that were the civil servants and no matter who is in government those same faces will be there

so it's as good as it gets

we can't expect anything better

die on a trolly..

ok...

doomed.

Only stable numbers for a new government since FG& FF have ruled out SF is FF/FG/Greens total 85 seats. Of course it leaves SF as the largest opposition party.
    So FF &FG have to decide, step up to the plate or face a new election as the numbers do not exist for a SF government. Interesting times ahead.
    Adding up a few numbers is no insight into a likely reality. Overriding sentiment apparently is Ch- ch- ch- changes. FF & FG back in is not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭This is it

is_that_so wrote: »
    I see she subsequently tried to correct herself! That's the interweb for you. No take backsies!

I've just read some of her follow ups, you'd be embarrassed using her to score points in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Adding up a few numbers is no insight into a likely reality. Overriding sentiment apparently is Ch- ch- ch- changes. FF & FG back in is not that.

only 24% voted for SF. So change is not the only sentiment.

FF are the biggest seat party, based on that FF have a mandate to form a government. There appears to be a rush to make it out like SF won a majority or something and that the majority of the country wants them in government.

so it's as good as it gets

we can't expect anything better

die on a trolly..

ok...

doomed.

Your

Posting

Style

Isn't ideal

For reading

On a

Phone any

Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

They can do it without the eco taxists, lots of independents

This is it wrote: »
    I've just read some of her follow ups, you'd be embarrassed using her to score points in here.
    Not using her to do anything, her "correction" is right at the top after the initial tweet. She just epitomises what a whole lot of social media is about, all keyboard warriors and no brains.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    only 24% voted for SF. So change is not the only sentiment.

FF are the biggest seat party, based on that FF have a mandate to form a government. There appears to be a rush to make it out like SF won a majority or something and that the majority of the country wants them in government.
    No deal with SF say FF party members - final arbiters.

• Advertisement

Not using her to do anything, her "correction" is right at the top after the initial tweet. She just epitomises what a whole lot of social media is about, all keyboard warriors and no brains.

I wasn't talking about you. And yes, I agree :)

Change is irrelevant when it comes to forming a government. Pragmatism wins out.
    If FF & FG decide not from a government with the help of the Greens , SF don't have the numbers.Sound new election wonder how the voters will react I doubt it will be positive for the two that walked off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

That is about 50+% of the vote right there with the greens and some independents? So it appears the people did vote for that.

Though gene pool independents seems more likely than the greens.

If the people didn't want it they should have voted for less FG/FF candidates. This is how the system works. Not my preference but how the numbers shake it is an way of treading what the people wanted.

Change is irrelevant when it comes to forming a government. Pragmatism wins out.
    If FF & FG decide not from a government with the help of the Greens , SF don't have the numbers.Sound new election wonder how the voters will react I doubt it will be positive for the two that walked off the pitch.
    They haven't walked off, their party members say no, just as the Green members could say no or the Ard Chomhairle say no to SF.

Christy42 wrote: »
    That is about 51% of the vote right there with the greens? So it appears the people did vote for that.

Though gene pool independents seems more likely than the greens.

If the people didn't want it they should have voted for less FG/FF candidate. This is how the system works.
    I think voters did a none of the above yet again and left the politicians to figure it out. Having the numbers does not automatically mean qualifying for government.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭FreeThePants

Never going to happen and it could go dreadfully, dreadfully wrong but it's still a funny thought, harkening back to 1948 and getting a SF-GP-PBP-SD-approx 15 independents government would be nothing if not interesting!

They can do it without the eco taxists, lots of independents

Herding cats comes to mind along with a ridiculous shopping list.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They haven't walked off, their party members say no,

Is this just anecdotal or have they declared their position formally?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Why should the stay on the pitch if the others can’t play by the agreed rules.

• Advertisement

Is this just anecdotal or have they declared their position formally?
    FG have to the camera and apart from a few mutterings on count day FF have too as far as I can see. I believe Labour are also out on SF as are unsurprisingly PBP.

Advertisement