Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

SF got 24.5% of vote......so 3 out of 4 people did not vote for SF.

SF will get a couple of weeks to mess around, made look like fools as they realise the maths doesn't work out......before the FF/FG/Greens coalition is announced.

Then SF become the largest party on the opposition benches which I suspect is their true goal . ....Hint they already know the maths don't work as does everyone with half a brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Then SF become the largest party on the opposition benches which I suspect is their true goal . ....Hint they already know the maths don't work as does everyone with half a brain.

Well they need a govt in place to see the Brexit trade deal agreed......then another election next year I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

SF aiming to become the lead party of opposition is a cowardly act and a complete volte face for the people who voted for their candidates to top the poll in almost every constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

I doubt they do know the maths to be honest. 65 k for a house . Sure you wouldn’t get a bathroom for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Zetor19 wrote: »
    I doubt they do know the maths to be honest. 65 k for a house . Sure you wouldn’t get a bathroom for it.

this is my thing, how the hell are they going to build these cheap houses, how is the construction cost going to go down.

• Advertisement

SF aiming to become the lead party of opposition is a cowardly act and a complete volte face for the people who voted for their candidates to top the poll in almost every constituency.

The numbers don't work for a SF lead government, surely a clever lad like you can operate the adding function of a calculator?

Can you provide a link for these 65k house's?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

this is my thing, how the hell are they going to build these cheap houses, how is the construction cost going to go down.

Especially at the standard of finish that is required Today.

We are also gone away from the day where six kids share a room when they are given there permanent home. If they were to receive a council house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

SF got 24.5% of vote......so 3 out of 4 people did not vote for SF.

SF will get a couple of weeks to mess around, made look like fools as they realise the maths doesn't work out......before the FF/FG/Greens coalition is announced.

Yes and FF got less than 24% as did FG so why do you thnk FF/FG/Green have a mandate for form govt.

People voted for a change a FF/FG is not a change

I think it’s SF you should be asking.

• Advertisement

FF and FG will sit back for a couple of weeks and let the public reflect on the election, let Mary Lou and SF fail in an attempt to form an unstable left govt. Then they'll pull a coalition together with the greens. Hold it together through Brexit at least.

I think it’s SF you should be asking.

Nope you made the claim, onus is on you to back it up.

campo wrote: »
    Yes and FF got less than 24% as did FG so why do you thnk FF/FG/Green have a mandate for form govt.

FF and FG are the same. So together they have 40%+ against SF with only 24%

No SF made the claim. A 5 year old child would know it’s not possible .

FF and FG are the same. So together they have 40%+ against SF with only 24%

Oh so they are the same party now when it suits, they have no mandate simple as that.

No SF made the claim. A 5 year old child would know it’s not possible .
    You've made it here, I watched all the debates and never heard anyone claim you can build a house for 65k. So once again linky please or I can assume you are spoofing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Oh so they are the same party now when it suits, they have no mandate simple as that.

Nor does SF.

Neither do SF have a mandate. 50% would have been a mandate.

Neither do SF have a mandate. 50% would have been a mandate.

FG/FF/GP combined is a vote of over 50% their voters voted for them to govern as did the voters of other parties.

• Advertisement

Some people do need to need this stated twice to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It could be. As in they will have to up their game and do what they are supposed to do, with sensibly costed policies and all that.

Anyway, without wishing to get anyone's back up, my feeling is that it will be FF/FG/+ AN other(s). MM being Taoiseach is the prize. But I think myself with due respect to the great showing of SF, that unless FF or FG decide to coalesce with SF + others, it could be the above.

But sure who knows what MMartin will decide, but it's looking dicey re SF at the minute.

Fascinating times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

I meant with FF. Sorry I didn’t make that clear. SF, Greens and Soc Dems would have far more seats than FF and could use that to implement the radical change people voted for.

The will of the people needs to be respected, and SF have been given a huge vote by people who were won over by their manifesto and story of change. People don’t want more of the same. They rejected that.

Here we go with “the will of the people” - the SF brigade are just like their UKIP brethren with their nativist flag waving and “up the ra” instead of “two world wars and one World Cup”; the same working class support base as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There are houses being provided for just over €200K once the LA provides the site. This can be rented or bought on a mortgage of €7/800 per month.
    The number being provided needs to be increased dramatically. This then relieves all the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Jizique wrote: »
    Here we go with “the will of the people” - the SF brigade are just like their UKIP brethren with their nativist flag waving and “up the ra” instead of “two world wars and one World Cup”; the same working class support base as well

Like Brexit, the SF support came from all demographics and age groups.
    Carry on sucking those lemons however.
    It makes for enjoyable reading.

FG/FF/GP combined is a vote of over 50% their voters voted for them to govern as did the voters of other parties.

SF/Greens/SD/People before profit also got over 50% so they have a mandate and since SF got majority of 1st preference vote they even have more of a mandate.

FF lost the election & it is time for some to move on

SF/Greens/SD/People before profit also got over 50% so they have a mandate and since SF got majority of 1st preference vote they even have more of a mandate.

Wrong. SF/greens/SD/PBP don't have 80 seats......add them up.

Its time to move on from trying to bend reality to fit something that didnt happen. FF didnt lose the election. Nobody voted for the slash grouping 'SF/Greens/SD/People before profit' - they are not a party, they didnt not achieve a majority, so they have no mandate as group.
    SF delusionals are coming out here as as dim as voting for them suggests in the first place.

Its time to move on from trying to bend reality to fit something that didnt happen. FF didnt lose the election. Nobody voted for the slash grouping 'SF/Greens/SD/People before profit' - they are not a party, they didnt not achieve a majority, so they have no mandate as group.
    SF delusionals are coming out here as as dim as voting for them suggests in the first place.

All you need to do is look where the SF surplus went to, it went to left leaning parties so yes people did vote for that group.

FF had to rely on 3rd/4th/5th preferences just to get to 37 seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Like Brexit, the SF support came from all demographics and age groups.
    Carry on sucking those lemons however.
    It makes for enjoyable reading.

The lower the educational level, the likelier one was to vote for Brexit

Advertisement