Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

One of their supporters complained about it last night. I simply pointed out that it is not all one-sided. They did not accept that there are any anti FF or FG posts which carry insulting and derogatory tones.

I personally am not seeing the insulting and derogatory tones you are seeing in what you quoted tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

The Shinners don’t want to go into government and try and deliver what they promised the electorate. Shower of blowhards. All they want to do is give out and moan and pretend they have solutions. Spoofers.

It wasn't SF who ruled out coalition with FF or FG . FF and FG did , there is only one option left on the table FF - FG - plus others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

One of their supporters complained about it last night. I simply pointed out that it is not all one-sided. They did not accept that there are any anti FF or FG posts which carry insulting and derogatory tones.

Hmm this directed at me, I'm not a SF supporter btw but I do despise FF and FG for how they have run this country. Less of the misrepresentation please I said I didn't see the abuse you referred to but I did state I was only following 4 of the threads. My issue was the derogatory terms being used against 25% of the voting public just because they exercised their franchise in a manner that many FF supporters here find objectionable.
    My comment is still there unedited if you need to refresh your memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Again have they the numbers if FF and FG/Lab go off the pitch?
    Strange how you refuse to answer.

FF, SF and the Greens. Simples.

SF supporters are terrified of coalition. Not too sure they’vegiven much thought to what a SF majority or a coalition of the left might look like either in time. A lack of thought seems to be the common thread.

SF supporters are terrified of coalition. Not too sure they’ve give much thought to what a SF majority or a coalition of the left might look like either. A lack of thought seems to be the common thread.

FF have ruled themselves out repeatedly, do you have a hearing/ reading difficulty?

• Advertisement

SF supporters are terrified of coalition. Not too sure they’vegiven much thought to what a SF majority or a coalition of the left might look like either in time. A lack of thought seems to be the common thread.

Lol.

Mary Lou McDonald contacts Micheál Martin for government formation talks

FF have ruled themselves out repeatedly, do you have a hearing/ reading difficulty?

FF also have a responsibility to try and form a government with SF. The State doesn’t have time for this bullshït. This is big boy stuff, lads. The armchair punditry isn’t going to cut it anymore.

FF have ruled that out! So it's up to FF to move . A government can't be formed until FF move

FF also have a responsibility to try and form a government with SF. The State doesn’t have time for this bullshït. This is big boy stuff, lads. The armchair punditry isn’t going to cut it anymore.

As does FG, never heard of any party canvassing to go into opposition Johnny. Spin it how you like lad but sure as night follows day if another GE is called your crew along with others that left the pitch will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

given what threat SF are to the sterling work FFG have done here over the last decades, given that they obviously put country above all else, why hasnt this FFG C&S or coalition already been sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cat's going to be among the pigeons when FF & FG sit down to talk with SF.

All the shinners here seem to think it's a dead cert that Leo and Martin will hang up on Mary-Lou when she calls.

Martin has already said that he's open to it. Leo has said he'll do a "wait and see".

Will the SF panic go up a notch when it looks like SF in government is an actual possibility?

So all the times you said SF you clearly meant FF? Gotcha !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Lets get ready to vote again
    Its over to you Sinn Fein
    Run more candidates and get the big gig

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

McMurphy wrote: »
    You just repeated what I've been saying since before the election now:D

So SF might be going in as the opposition party while FFG tear themselves apart, or actually work together and implement change and reform in housing and health as they've been promising - forced to, by SF.

Or its back to the polls where the shinners could further erode their vote share.

SF would be raging at that scenario why exactly?

It's a win win for them no matter what.

It's their bullsh!t manifesto is what is the problem. Best thing for them is another vote, field more candidates and adjust manifesto accordingly

seamus wrote: »

All the shinners here seem to think it's a dead cert that Leo and Martin will hang up on Mary-Lou when she calls.

Martin has already said that he's open to it. Leo has said he'll do a "wait and see".

Will the SF panic go up a notch when it looks like SF in government is an actual possibility?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mary-lou-mcdonald-contacts-micheal-martin-for-government-formation-talks-981474.html
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0213/1114963-sinn-fein-talks/

Current state of play SF have contacted FF. FF are still sitting on the fence

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Idbatterim wrote: »
    why hasnt this FFG C&S or coalition already been sorted?

Massive resistance to it within FF ranks. The blockers will have to be faced with a stark choice between such a deal and another GE before it happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Martin is on thin ice here. Wouldn't be shocked if he is next to go

no, because sticking with the other two fools wasnt an option. I think many want to see now, what will happen. Because nothing being delivered by the other two, is why we are here. Even if it was FFG again, try another few years of doing nothing. Honestly this SF is good news for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

FG sit down to talk with SF.
    :rolleyes:

Yes that's very much in prospect

Did he?

Micheál Martin will not reverse stance on ruling out Sinn Féin

Rock and hard place for MM and Leo, it was monumentally stupid for both of them to categorically rule out talking to anyone before the election imo, they have engineered their own position in the corner.

• Advertisement

As does FG, never heard of any party canvassing to go into opposition Johnny. Spin it how you like lad but sure as night follows day if another GE is called your crew along with others that left the pitch will suffer.

You want FG in power as you’re terrified of the idea of SF being in coalition. Love how ye lads are suddenly so keen on the blueshirts being back in Government.

Deep down most of you don’t want a SF majority or leading a coalition either.

That’s not going to wash now though. Hundreds of thousands of people voted for SF. They didn’t do that so SF could sit around scratching their collective hole and giving out about everything.

They always tell us they are republicans. Now they need to stand up and do right by the Republic (or Free State bastards if you get a few jars into them).

You want FG in power as you’re terrified of the idea of SF being in coalition. Love how ye lads are suddenly so keen on the blueshirts being back in Government.

That’s not going to wash now though. Hundreds of thousands of people voted for SF. They didn’t do that so SF could sit around scratching their collective hole and giving out about everything.

They always tell us they are republicans. Now they need to stand up and do right by the Republic (or Free State bastards if you get a few jars into them).

https://twitter.com/GerryAdamsSF/status/1227913343689560064?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

They are raging they did so well. They know if they fcuk up any government they could/will be in, that's them done for the next 20 years!

How could they possibly fcuk up?
    You do realise that those magic beans did a great job for Jack in the Beanstalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Think either of Ff or Fg would be mad to go in with Sf policies to far apart would probably leave them with about 20 seats next time .Even if one of them got involved with a dolly mixture set up the other would be delighted as they would have a free run in opposition.

When the names in your post are interchangeable your post is pure nonsense.

Example A :
    You want SF in power as you’re terrified of the idea of FF/FG being in coalition. Love how ye lads are suddenly so keen on the provos being in Government.

Deep down most of you don’t want a FF/FG a coalition either.

That’s not going to wash now though. Hundreds of thousands of people voted for FF/FG . They didn’t do that so FF/FG could sit around scratching their collective hole and giving out about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

SF are the experts at waiting around for other parties to lose, so they can get in at the top. That's why they refused to be part of any negotiations in 2016. And it is how they and the DUP wore down the middle ground in the North.

When they got power there, they simply carried on with the policies which they raged against when the SDLP and UUP had the reins. I expect they will try to force another election now. Whether they have any more worthwhile candidates remains to be seen.

Johnny you even quoted my post, where did I say I want FG in power? What I did allude to is they have a responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

FG keep spouting the exact same line, from Leo, Helen McEntee, Coveney and the lot on here. But when questioned about it, they all alter their stance. Funny to watch, but shows incompetence (which is nothing new for them).
    That is, the people voted them out, and clearly didn't want them in. The onus is on SF to form a government etc. (If they want to keep that line, they'll have to change it to FF for obvious reasons).
    "Clearly"? There was no clear majority here. FG only lost the majority of votes, even less if you count that they were only up in the first place because many were just voting against FF. FG showing no respect for the almost half a million people that voted for them by pretty much refusing to enter government with anyone, and to only enter as opposition.

Before the election, Varadkar said that he was open to confidence and supply agreement - even if the shoe was on the other foot.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/varadkar-open-to-confidence-and-supply-agreement-with-ff-even-if-the-shoe-was-on-the-other-foot-950529.html
    Yet seems that was just another line for the voters.

I wouldn't like to see them in, even if it means it would be a forced change, but it is good to let their voters see their flip flopping.

SF are the experts at waiting around for other parties to lose, so they can get in at the top. .

What political geniuses, truly in a field of their own in that regards.

FG are the default opposition party in this state however, and you just described their M.O so am unsure if you're saying the shinners are emulating their electioneering strategy or what?

• Advertisement

HANG ON! FG only had nine years, they say everything takes time, why arent they back in there then, to finish the job? :rolleyes:

Advertisement