Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Again how do you know this? Any evidence to support these statements?

Because people are struggling enough already

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

efanton wrote: »
    Thats all you have to go on. Someone's opinion.

Whats worse is of all the opnions you could have chosen you picked the most delusional idiot that Irish politics has ever seen.

Eohan Harris is the man you are talking about.

He absolutely slated John Hume over Hume's decision to hold talks with Sinn Féin prior to an IRA ceasefire. Harris urged the Irish government, at the time led by his friend John Bruton, to end all support for Hume's peace efforts. He wrote, "If we persist with the peace process it will end with sectarian slaughter in the North, with bombs in Dublin, Cork and Galway, and with the ruthless reign by provisional gangs over the ghettos of Dublin. The only way to avoid this abyss is to cut the cord to John Hume"

Well he called that one right didnt he.:rolleyes:

Also did you know he himself was an IRA man. He spent many years in British prisons for IRA activities.
    Kind of ironic that someone who abhors anything to do with the IRA would enlist his support in an argument.

Seriously. You really need to stop and think before posting. Use you brain, make a considered and educated argument, but don't be making a complete and utter fool of yourself.

Again. It wasn't the man's personal opinion. It was apparently concerns voiced by senior Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Suckit wrote: »
    Rugby Fans sing about it.

We sing we are going to win the world cup also.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Again. It wasn't the man's personal opinion. It was apparently concerns voiced by senior Gardai.
    unamed ones, probably talking to himself

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    unamed ones, probably talking to himself

Perhaps. And maybe not!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

You do understand what quotes are for. These things " "

A senior Garda did not say what I quoted. Eohan Harris did.
    So it wasnt someone else's opinion it was his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

We sing we are going to win the world cup also.

...as well as "You`ll never beet the Irish"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Majority doesn't want it. North wouldn't give up their benefits and south cant afford it

Polling consistently says the opposite. The Republic is strongly in favour, on average 65-70% so.

The last major poll in NI, by Lord Ashcroft in Sept 2019 showed 51% in favour or reunification. It'll happen, just a matter of timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Uncorroborated and anonymous.

Therefore made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

If Eoghan Harris told me tomorrow was Valentine's day I would consult a calendar just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

That's not because of taxes. It's because the cost of living is so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Statement after statement with zero evidence.

Eamon Dunphy and others doing more damage to SF on Tonight Show.

Outlining why SF can't serve in Cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

He is saying people behind the scenes possibly pull the strings for personal gain and this doesn’t happen with ffg ? Lol !

If there was enough support we'd have already had a referendum. There isn't currently enough support. I think Mary Lou even knows that.... She wants to start planning for a referendum in future.....I'd imagine 5-10 year frame??

If there was enough support we'd have already had a referendum. There isn't currently enough support. I think Mary Lou even knows that.... She wants to start planning for a referendum in future.....I'd imagine 5-10 year frame??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Dunphy's speech was amazing if you didn't know how addled the man's mouthings and thinking are:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/eamon-dunphy-defends-gerry-adams-over-jean-mcconville-murder-by-ira-30339635.html

So, the wind is blowing this way today - there's Eamonn!
    Tomorrow, another day another bluffed up speech of bullsh1te.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    He is saying people behind the scenes possibly pull the strings for personal gain and this doesn’t happen with ffg ? Lol !

A lot more than that was said.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

He's also partial to situational "up the ra"

He's also came on to live television p|ssed out of his head

I'm not sure he has the credibility to do anyone any harm

A lot more than that was said.....

A lot of good it did pre-election

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Dunphy's speech was amazing if you didn't know how addled the man's mouthings and thinking are:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/eamon-dunphy-defends-gerry-adams-over-jean-mcconville-murder-by-ira-30339635.html

Dunphy is a supporter of SF.....he has great respect for them......but that doesn't mean they're suitable for Cabinet (according to Dunphy)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Dunphy is a supporter of SF.....he has great respect for them......but that doesn't mean they're suitable for Cabinet (according to Dunphy)....
    No he's not.
    But read his most inner thoughts juts 6 years ago in the link I gave you.

His first sentence was

"I didn't support SF"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Idbatterim wrote: »

Mary Lou said on the BBC that those people have gone away. They served their purpose during the transition from military to politics. She told them that she is in charge now. I believe her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Ffg see the people as the enemy but a necessary evil to stay in power and at the trough. If they care so much , why is health a shambles , ripoff childcare, rip off housing. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but maybe they are looking to enrich some people at the expense of the masses. I don’t care what is thrust at sf. I’ve never voted for them before last weeks vote. But ffg are an epic piss take. Absolutely laughable listening to them about prudence, competence etc. laughter lounge stuff. Sf have one thing that ffg don’t with their leaders, someone with balls. What’s ffg response to everything? Fly a kite

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

SF are an unholy alliance of provo sympathisers, welfare heads from inner Dublin and now young millennials completely brainwashed by their propaganda machine into thinking they'd get a free gaf.

Under the GFA do you know the criteria for a border poll?

SF are an unholy alliance of provo sympathisers, welfare heads from inner Dublin and now young millennials completely brainwashed by their propaganda machine into thinking they'd get a free gaf.

Still spouting shyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I am going to get a trough and a pram. Useful things to have around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Yeah not a UI though cos that can **** off, a fever dream.

Advertisement