Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

celt262 wrote: »
    37.1% of the country didn't bother voting atall.

Well some of them couldn't as they presently reside in a graveyard. My grandparents both got polling cards. '97 and ' 06 was the date of their deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Well some of them couldn't as they presently reside in a graveyard. My grandparents both got polling cards. '97 and ' 06 was the date of their dates.

Did you use them?

Did you use them?

Voter fraud? No lad I leave that up to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

is_that_so wrote: »
    The entertainment goes on. It makes me laugh with all the umbrage taken at the FF & FG positions.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0214/1115197-sf-ff-election-talks/

Read the headline but not the rest as I'm about to go into a meeting with work, but McDonald would be giving sound advice imo.

The greens already said that they didn't think FF back in represented change, and they got wiped out in 2011.

Labour met the same fate in 16.

I would sincerely hope Murphy/Shorthall won't get lured into being mudguards or fallguys seeing as they're a relatively new party just getting established.

Though I suspect/hope they're waaaaaaay too savvy for the gombeens in FF/FG anyway.

Plus, Murphy was instrumental in calling out the shenanigans in Irish water, wonder when the siteserv enquiry will be published.

I'll read the article in full later when I'm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Voter fraud? No lad I leave that up to others.

I got 2 card myself so it was 2 votes for change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone know how to check the odds of Leo gone before Easter? Can't find it on Paddy Power site.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

FF honouring their promise not to go into government with FG., lol.

Éamon Ó Cuív says he's 'completely against' Fianna Fáil going into coalition with Fine Gael and Greens https://jrnl.ie/5007489

The promise was not to form a full coalition. Martin left the door (slightly) open to a minority FF government supported by FG. Coveney has spoken strongly against this but it's not ultimately his call. So Confidence & Supply II could be formed without anybody breaking red lines but the numbers make it very difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭Damien360

The promise was not to form a full coalition. Martin left the door (slightly) open to a minority FF government supported by FG. Coveney has spoken strongly against this but it's not ultimately his call. So Confidence & Supply II could be formed without anybody breaking red lines but the numbers make it very difficult...

Confidence in supply again would go down like a lead balloon. Both got a kicking and didn’t bother to listen. How can we go without formation of a government by any side ? Who gets to call time ?

limnam wrote: »
    80% of the country didn't vote for the current government.

If that's not a request for change by the majority. what is it?

That’s not how it’s work I’m afraid to tell you. Most independents were voted back in as before, FF wouldn’t be considered change and then add in FG. In reality about 80% of people who voted are happy with things as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Correct but all parties have a mandate to try and form a government, not to run off the pitch.

Strange that the Shinners who up to now had nothing but contempt for FG are now trying to snuggle up to them.

Let’s dig into this change bulldust.

One party got a very good poll and brought itself up to basically level with the other two.

No big deal, please don’t start assuming in the uncouth way one of their members celebrated in Waterford, that suddenly the whole country is behind you, that you have ‘broken’ anything.

Far from it .

• Advertisement

Strange that the Shinners who up to now had nothing but contempt for FG are now trying to snuggle up to them.

One party got a very good poll and brought itself up to basically level with the other two.

No big deal, please don’t start assuming in the uncouth way one of their members celebrated in Waterford, that suddenly the whole country is behind you, that you have ‘broken’ anything.

Far from it .
    No idea why you choose to respond to my comment as I genuinely can't see the relevance. No need to try and make a link.

Far from it .
    I would love to see examples of the Shinners trying to snuggle up to FG.

Heather Humphries, Helen McEntee, Leo Varadkar, Simon Coveney and a lot of the FG posters here have all said "the public voted for SF, they didn't vote for FG"... So maybe you are preaching to the wrong choir.

No idea why you choose to respond to my comment as I genuinely can't see the relevance. No need to try and make a link.

Hey... you can’t really see the relevance in anything, nothing new there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Strange that the FF who up to now had nothing but contempt for FG are now trying to snuggle up to the

FYP

Hey... you can’t really see the relevance in anything, nothing new there.

I think you're confused B , I said I can't see the relevance in your response to mine. If you want to have a rant feel free to do so but you can do so as a standalone comment.
    Tut tut, no need to get personal B. It's only an internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Damien360 wrote: »
    Confidence in supply again would go down like a lead balloon. Both got a kicking and didn’t bother to listen.

That goes for any arrangement between FF and FG, but it's the only game in town now...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Shinners finally realized that they are in trouble now that they learned how to count. Unfortunately, 76% of the country voted for the status quo.

I suspect Martin and Leo are talking privately and will do a deal to save the country rather than let the terrorists take over.

Shinners finally realized that they are in trouble now that they learned how to count. Unfortunately, 76% of the country voted for the status quo.

I suspect Martin and Leo are talking privately and will do a deal to save the country rather than let the terrorists take over.

Save the country from who, themselves? Not sure you are aware who is still in power at the minute.

Either way, I hope they are in talks, as it will surely make the next GE all the more interesting.

I strongly suspect the Shinners will be happy to be the largest opposition party. The surge was as big a surprise (based on the local elections) to them as it was to the establishment parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Suckit wrote: »
    Save the country from who, themselves? Not sure you are aware who is still in power at the minute.

Save the country from the terrorists IRA and their political wing Sinn Fein with convicted terrorists Dessie Ellis et al.

FG and FF won’t negotiate with terrorists, thankfully.

Only one game in town now my friend, FG and FF plus one other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

I strongly suspect the Shinners will be happy to be the largest opposition party. The surge was as big a surprise (based on the local elections) to them as it was to the establishment parties.

For a party happy about opposition. They seem to be the ones doing everything they can not to be there.

Save the country from the terrorists IRA and their political wing Sinn Fein with convicted terrorists Dessie Ellis et al.

They're not in power, don't have any control, so how would they be saving the country from them?
    You sound a little deluded.

The country is in the state it's in, purely because of the two parties still in power, that you claim are going to save it.

For a party happy about opposition. They seem to be the ones doing everything they can not to be there.

Optics, but I did say I suspect i dont speak for them. However it's incumbent on all that get elected to the Dail to attempt to form a government or be part of government rather than walk off the pitch.

Strange that the FF who up to now had nothing but contempt for FG are now trying to snuggle up to the

FYP

Not the FF who decided in the light of the serious situation our country found itself in relation to Brexit ,instead of hammering into a Govt with a lot on its hands ,and making party political gains,decided to put the country first and help out our citizens to get the best deal they could?

Not those people surely..... who would do a stupid thing like that.

C’mon.

Not the FF who decided in the light of the serious situation our country found itself in relation to Brexit ,instead of hammering into a Govt with a lot on its hands ,and making party political gains,decided to put the country first and help out our citizens to get the best deal they could?

Not those people surely..... who would do a stupid thing like that.

C’mon.

The country would have slaughtered FF if they collapsed during brexit.

They were putting nothing first bar themselves. Or so they thought.

The country would have slaughtered FF if they collapsed during brexit.

They were putting nothing first bar themselves. Or so they thought.

Didn’t see too many others putting their shoulders to the wheel.

Didn’t see too many others putting their shoulders to the wheel.

What sort of nonsense is that.

Who else could have done it since FF were the supply!

Stop talking rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Should Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael not merge at this stage and form a Tory Conservative party , don’t think there’s much of a difference between them anymore ??
    Both want the status quo to remain , look after the rich or their buddies etc etc ...The Irish Conservative party ??
    Dev must be turning in his grave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What sort of nonsense is that.

Who else could have done it since FF were the supply!

Stop talking rubbish

SF wouldn't talk to anyone after the last election so not them anyway.

The hypocrisy of them losing their minds about it now after their magic left coalition didn't come close to coming together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

give it a rest ffs, go support ffg and we'll be talking about the same issues 5 years from now. Monty Burns as Taoiseach makes a joke of this country.

Advertisement