Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tony EH wrote: »
    Someone else's fault again yeh? ;)

If you keep inferring that well, hey what can one say.

You keep trying to imply that I say ‘it’s somebody else’s fault’

Fault seems to be a very important word in your lexicography.

I’m stating facts, not saying it’s anybody’s “fault”.

Now your party have trumpeted a victory for SF and change.... go ahead and deliver.

For once in that party’s existance, come out from under your slates and take responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If you keep inferring that well, hey what can one say.

You keep trying to imply that I say ‘it’s somebody else’s fault’

Fault seems to be a very important word in your lexicography.

I’m stating facts, not saying it’s anybody’s “fault”.

Now your party have trumpeted a victory for SF and change.... go ahead and deliver.

For once in that party’s existance, come out from under your slates and take responsibility.

"My" party eh?

What little you know lad.

What party do you support in Australia Brendan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I can't link the results but heard on the Matt Cooper show that 35% would vote for SF in a new election in the next several months and almost 50% want MLMD as Taoiseach. From the CB Amarach poll on Monday. That'll concentrate the minds of Leo and Michael. Game playing will stop soon even the Soc Dems called out FG's behaviour for what it is.
    On a different note any finding FG's claim of humility as hilarious?

Tony EH wrote: »
    "My" party eh?

What little you know lad.

What party do you support in Australia Brendan?

Don't you know everyone that fails to glorify FG is a Shinner.
    Is he really in Oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Don't you know everyone that fails to glorify FG is a Shinner.

Seems to be. Even if one never voted for them. Not even the last time. :confused:
    Is he really in Oz?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I can't link the results but heard on the Matt Cooper show that 35% would vote for SF in a new election in the next several months and almost 50% want MLMD as Taoiseach. From the CB Amarach poll on Monday. That'll concentrate the minds of Leo and Michael. Game playing will stop soon even the Soc Dems called out FG's behaviour for what it is.
    On a different note any finding FG's claim of humility as hilarious?

Presume is is the one
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    New post election poll in the Irish Daily Mail:

SF 35%
    FG 18%
    FF 17%
    Green 9%
    Ind 7%
    Soc Dems 5%
    Labour 3%
    Sol-PBP 3%
    Others 4%

Presume is is the one

Must be it cheers. Although Matt Cooper mentioned Claire Byrne.
    I said it on several forums the last thing any sitting politicians want is a another GE particularly those that scrapped over the line. Plus neither FG or FF want to have a finger pointed at them accusing them of causing another GE. A poll the at weekend in the SBP said only 1 in 6 voters wanted another GE. So if it's caused by FG or FF I don't imagine the public will reward them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

efanton wrote: »
    Are you suggesting this extra admin and trouble is not worth it if you are saving half a billion a year?

I agree those tenants do exist that either refuse to pay rent or are consistently involved in anti-social behaviour, I am not denying that, but there is no possible way that the current system is going to provide enough housing to even keep a lid on the crisis. Its only going to get worse and each year half a billion is squandered in the meantime. Simply using this cohort as an excuse to do nothing is totally unacceptable.

If there is a cohort that does not respect that they are privileged to have been allocated a social home then I see no reason not to bring in legislation so that it is easier for county councils to remove them if all other approaches have failed.

On the legislative front, the reason is the left side of the house. Won't happen with the current make up of the Dáil.

I'm not sure precisely where the half a billion saving is though in reality which is my point. I don't think the saving would be anywhere near that, to say nothing of the risk profile involved. All of the public servants required to manage a scheme of the size you are taking about along with the associated pension entitlements would be interesting to see. Deeper cost benefit analysis required I think before such a direction is taken. Also need consider lost taxes, LPT and PRTB fees. Would PRTB need to be repurposed or disbanded? Probably repurposed I would say. Costs associated with that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

road_high wrote: »
    Here’s a radical idea- instead of obsessing over FG, why don’t sf actually govern and deliver all the amazing promises they ...ahem, promised? Like I said radical, for SF.
    What’s obvious here and indeed from the north where they “govern” is that elections and electioneering are their sole focus and raison detre. They’ll keep going until the desired result (which for sf is opposition) rather than the heavy actual work of forming, maintaining and running a government.

Here's the thing, FFG made their election campaign all about SF.

SF in comparison made their campaign about the state of the housing/rental markets, and healthcare in the state.

FFG received a thumping at the election, but somehow you think SF are obsessing over FG.

This is history revisionism at its finest, and not ancient history either.

I think if the shinners get into power they should seriously consider taxing lemon's there seems to be a surge in sucking them around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If there is to be another election will Leo be told he cannot take part in the TV leaders debate? :confused:

• Advertisement

If there is to be another election will Leo be told he cannot take part in the TV leaders debate? :confused:

Good question Francie.

Another one is, if there's another election, and more leaders debate will Leo or Michéal be leader's of their respective party's?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Good question Francie.

Another one is, if there's another election, and more leaders debate will Leo or Michéal be leader's of their respective party's?

Are they that spooked that they'd try that?

Leo used up a life failing at the GE. I think the only honourable thing for Martin was to resign. His strategy completely bombed and if the latest poll is anything to go by, he is still hemorrhaging votes. Has he enough party support to go again?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Good question Francie.

The latter almost certainly won't

Three or four days after the election, one party has had three major incidents involving its elected reps.

Apologies issued.... reaction from party leader...... zilch.

Imagine if the same had happened to another party?

Does that tell us anything.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Three or four days after the election, one party has had three major incidents involving its elected reps.

Reported after the election, (again in some cases).
    Yes, the cronies of FF/FG have the wind up them.

Well based on the latest opinion poll it tells us that 35% of the public willing to vote for SF in another possible GE don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mary Lou is just delivering the change people voted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭limnam

Man shouts in pub.....

woman goes on holiday.

lads sing song that leo caused to go number 1 in the uk and ireland.

Woman fell behind in rent.

You're as out of touch as the rest of them.

No one cares bar the odd pimply bluebot and he only cares because his father told him to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Yeah they are only a bit like Farage's crowd in uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Well based on the latest opinion poll it tells us that 35% of the public willing to vote for SF in another possible GE don't care.

Listne, nobody gives a ****, if they did something to improve the housing situation, nobody cares! I get I am alright jacks dont want to understand that, but if they were paying E1800+ a month for a one bed apartment in dubin, the hypocrites would change their tune. This attacking SF, nobody is changing their minds at this stage, you hate them, you love them or like a huge amount of their voters now, you think they are far from perfect, but FFG again?! LOL! LOL!

• Advertisement

Hogan didn't pay the equivalent of a household charge in his villa in Portugal, while at the same time ramming his new charge down the throats of the electorate while threatening them with leins on property, credit judgements and court appearances if they didn't pay.

Reilly appeared in stubbs gazette, I think that was unprecedented for a government minister up until then, then you had his care centre furore on top of that.

Monaghan man1 - the FG TD who attacked a man in a bar with broken glass.
    Monaghan man2 - the FG councillor who openly asked for bribes on s hidden camera.

2 commissioners gone, ditto justice minister, and the latest bumbling idiot wanted to commemorate the black and tans.

Alan Farrell

Maria Bailey.

Dara Murphy.

All from the law and order party Brenner.

There's plenty more, but they're top of my head.

Hogan didn't pay the equivalent of a household charge in his villa in Portugal, while at the same time ramming his new charge down the throats of the electorate while threatening them with leins on property, credit judgements and court appearances if they didn't pay.

Reilly appeared in stubbs gazette, I think that was unprecedented for a government minister up until then, then you had his care centre furore on top of that.

Monaghan man2 - the FG councillor who openly asked for bribes on s hidden camera.

2 commissioners gone, ditto justice minister, and the latest bumbling idiot wanted to commemorate the black and tans.

Alan Farrell

Maria Bailey.

Dara Murphy.

Don't forget Enda getting away with telling the 'N' joke after he apologised. Didn't hear a single person imply all the party were like that.

Alan Farrell

Maria Bailey.

Dara Murphy.

We won’t go into the Quinn issue

The Kingsmill dude, poor Barry.

The numerous disappeared

The Warrington event

That’s just off the top of my head.

We won’t go into the Quinn issue

The Kingsmill dude, poor Barry.

The numerous disappeared

The Warrington event

That’s just off the top of my head.

You don't need to go into it, the indo/times/Newstalk/Eoghan Harris/Ruth Dudley Edwards/Leo/Michaél have been "going into" these things for years now for you, including up until the eve of the election.

If you wanted my humble opinion, I'd hazard a guess at saying the electorate don't really give a rodents rectum about any of that stuff.

You might even say the more they tried to dredge up the past in in a shyte flinging exercise, the higher up the polls the shinners went.

Busted flush mate, played out, banging a drum no-one cares about anymore.

Keep up. Stay relevant.

You don't need to go into it, the indo/times/Newstalk/Eoghan Harris/Ruth Dudley Edwards/Leo/Michaél have been "going into" these things for years now for you, including up until the eve of the election.

If you wanted my humble opinion, I'd hazard a guess at saying the electorate don't really give a rodents rectum about any of that stuff.

You might even say the more they tried to dredge up the past in in a shyte flinging exercise, the higher up the polls the shinners went.

Busted flush mate, played out, banging a drum noone cares about anymore.

Keep up. Stay relevant.

Well strange they didnt skate home with a big majority if that’s the case.

Strange that up to now they have done nothing in this jurisdiction.

The auld dhrum maybe resonates more than you like to think, Randall.

They've fairly put the cat among the FF/FG pigeons. Even you would have to admit that.

I only read the first line but that is probably enough. How the fuuuuuuuuuuck could anyone skate home with a majority if they only togged out 42 candidates.

Did someone say the shinners are bad with numbers?

Don't forget Enda getting away with telling the 'N' joke after he apologised. Didn't hear a single person imply all the party were like that.

What's the latest on this?

IMG-20200219-071710.jpg

They've fairly put the cat among the FF/FG pigeons. Even you would have to admit that.

Already admitted that Francie, you need to read my posts more carefully.

I don’t waste words, they all are there for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

I think they need to wheel out Donovan more to rant and rave, perhaps to repeat what he previously said in the Dail, claiming d ra were behind Dublin Monaghan bombings. Just needs from roaaaar to convince the floating voters. Another winning strategy that really needs more tweets is #notanormalparty

I also think that for FF, Martin needs to look into his heart and commission a few more focus groups. They'll no doubt inform him that yet more flip flopping is needed and assure us all that policy differences are the real reason that SF cannot be considered at this time.

I've every confidence that with such winning strategies, that 15% support in polls is within reach for one if not both parties, perhaps being surpassed by the greens.
    Anything to keep the shinners out, a cunning strategy to haemorrhage support so SF can never get enough numbers with 1, maybe even both of the stalwart parties.

Advertisement