Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Already admitted that Francie, you need to read my posts more carefully.

I don’t waste words, they all are there for a reason.

They've more or less forced FF/FG to merge Brendi, in all but name. FG can't fart without being sure FF has it's back, and vice versa. Gas craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

McMurphy wrote: »
    I only read the first line but that is probably enough. How the fuuuuuuuuuuck could anyone skate home with a majority if they only togged out 42 candidates.

Did someone say the shinners are bad with numbers?

Whatever about numbers the Shinners are certainly bad with security. Half of all leading republicans were recruited as British intelligence agents. Sinn Fein were heavily infiltrated with British intelligence agents. Heck, even the IRA’s head of counterintelligence was a British agent.
    Sinn Fein aren’t the Manchurian Candidate, they are the Manchurian Party.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Whatever about numbers the Shinners are certainly bad with security. Half of all leading republicans were recruited as British intelligence agents. Sinn Fein were heavily infiltrated with British intelligence agents. Heck, even the IRA’s head of counterintelligence was a British agent.

I bet you just love all those Pinewood Studio's films were the British always had the upperhand on them foreigners?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Hogan didn't pay the equivalent of a household charge in his villa in Portugal, while at the same time ramming his new charge down the throats of the electorate while threatening them with leins on property, credit judgements and court appearances if they didn't pay.

Reilly appeared in stubbs gazette, I think that was unprecedented for a government minister up until then, then you had his care centre furore on top of that.

Monaghan man1 - the FG TD who attacked a man in a bar with broken glass.
    Monaghan man2 - the FG councillor who openly asked for bribes on s hidden camera.

2 commissioners gone, ditto justice minister, and the latest bumbling idiot wanted to commemorate the black and tans.

Alan Farrell

Maria Bailey.

Dara Murphy.

All from the law and order party Brenner.

There's plenty more, but they're top of my head.

Hogan was in dispute with a private management company over services supplied.
    Not at all the equivalent of the household charge.
    Furthermore it was an apartment not a villa.

https://www.thejournal.ie/reilly-defends-hogans-e4k-of-unpaid-service-charges-on-portugal-holiday-home-403425-Apr2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm sure that statistic/arse plucked estimate will have the electorate who voted for the likes of Carthy/Doherty/OBrion etc, quaking in their little green boots.

With all the other points being badly made, straight up and away on another tangent I see. :)

• Advertisement

I bet you just love all those Pinewood Studio's films were the British always had the upperhand on them foreigners?

Funnily enough i always routed for the Indians in westerns and the Germans in war films.

Looks like the British certainly had the upper hand on Sinn Fein and the IRA.

I'm sure that statistic/arse plucked number will have the electorate who voted for the likes of Carthy/Doherty/OBrion etc, quaking in their little green boots.

With all the other points being badly made, straight up and away on another tangent I see. :)

I am sure they have nothing to fear as long as they keep following their handlers instructions.

The worst of it is many of the top republicans were compromised into becoming British intelligence agents because of their penchant for pedaphellia.

Funnily enough i always routed for the Indians in westerns and the Germans in war films.

Looks like the British certainly had the upper hand on Sinn Fein and the IRA.

Sure they did, that's why they let them bomb the heart of their financial district and force them to drop decommissioning and get on with signing a deal Unionists detest until this very day.

Sure SS, sure. :)

I am sure they have nothing to fear as long as they keep following their handlers instructions.

The worst of it is many of the top republicans were compromised into becoming British intelligence agents because of their penchant for pedaphellia.

Terrible Joe. It's a disgrace Joe. Supergrasses and touts the lot of them Joe.

**Tuts under breath**

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

Any reason for SF not fielding a candidate in every constituency in the recent general election?

• Advertisement

Sure they did, that's why they let them bomb the heart of their financial district and force them to drop decommissioning and get on with signing a deal Unionists detest until this very day.

Sure SS, sure. :)

And why Freddie Scappaticci is still walking around today and why the British agents inside the IRA survived after the IRA stole the intelligence files from Castlereagh.

Even Kieran Conway, Head of IRA intelligence admits the IRA were compromised to the point of being ineffective. I think his words were “a complete and utter defeat”.

If you ever want to see what victory looks like take a look at the Russian infantryman flying the Hammer & Sickle from the burning embers of the Reichstag.

Compare that with a cavalcade of a dozen black taxi drivers waving tricolours claiming “we won the war”.

And why Freddie Scappaticci is still walking around today and why the British agents inside the IRA survived after the IRA stole the intelligence files from Castlereagh.

Even Kieran Conway, Head of IRA intelligence admits the IRA were compromised to the point of being ineffective. I think his words were “a complete and utter defeat”.

If you ever want to see what victory looks like take a look at the Russian infantryman flying the Hammer & Sickle from the burning embers of the Reichstag.

Compare that with a cavalcade of a dozen black taxi drivers waving tricolours claiming “we won the war”.

It's over SS...relax.

Everyone usually claims they were the winners after a conflict.

I take it all with a pinch of salt and just look at the situations the combatants are in now, compared to the one they were in before it started.

You should try it sometime and decommission the propaganda files.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

...bit odd that the Brits did a deal with them then so. Bit mad, in fact. Almost like they didn't actually have them in the position you're implying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I dont think true republicans should be taking it at all lightly, that with SF/IRA so infiltrated by British agents, what the south is verging ever closer to with the increase in SF representation at its political nexus, is in fact the UK retaking control of the all Ireland. All the 'up-the-ra', 'Come Outside now Black and Tans', etc stuff is all part of a cover. The greater the outrage, the better they are dismissed as brainless terrorists - and the closer the UK comes to reuniting the full Kingdom. The irony of them having done it through SF/IRA itself is exquisite.

I dont think true republicans should be taking it at all lightly, that with SF/IRA so infiltrated by British agents, what the south is verging ever closer to with the increase in SF representation at its political nexus, is in fact the UK retaking control of the all Ireland. All the 'up-the-ra', 'Come Outside now Black and Tans', etc stuff is all part of a cover. The greater the outrage, the better they are dismissed as brainless terrorists - and the closer the UK comes to reuniting the full Kingdom. The irony of them having done it through SF/IRA itself is exquisite.

Have you told John Bruton this? He'll be only delighted.

The full truth about the extent of British intelligence infiltration of the IRA will remain secret until the 100 year release of state papers. To do so earlier would be detrimental to the peace process. One can however draw one's own conclusions.
    The truth remains that many, many senior republicans were compromised and became British intelligence agents.
    Few would argue over their influence in the ultimate capitulation of physical force republicanism, as directed by their British paymasters. Many would argue that this influence was a force for good as no doubt it saved lives. How the British intelligence service decides to use these compromised senior republicans and whether they would be used to advance British aims from within a future Irish government is a question that should concern us all.

These are the questions that should be of most concern about Sinn Fein in government. Not anti semitism, racism, hate speech, welfare fraud or any of the other allegations being thrown at them.

The full truth about the extent of British intelligence infiltration of the IRA will remain secret until the 100 year release of state papers. To do so earlier would be detrimental to the peace process. One can however draw one's own conclusions.
    The truth remains that many, many senior republicans were compromised and became British intelligence agents.
    Few would argue over their influence in the ultimate capitulation of physical force republicanism, as directed by their British paymasters. Many would argue that this influence was a force for good as no doubt it saved lives. How the British intelligence service decides to use these compromised senior republicans and whether they would be used to advance British aims from within a future Irish government is a question that should concern us all.

These are the questions that should be of most concern about Sinn Fein in government. Not anti semitism, racism, hate speech, welfare fraud or any of the other allegations being thrown at them.

The white bearded men in the Antrim hills are really the British you reckon?

The plot thickens....tune in next week when it will be something completely different the same old tired ****e.

The white bearded men in the Antrim hills are really the British you reckon?

The plot thickens....tune in next week when it will be something completely different the same old tired ****e.
    Do you deny that the republican movement was heavily infiltrated by British intelligence? Do you claim to know more than the former head of IRA intelligence?

It’s a matter of public record that compromised IRA pedophiles like Brendan Davidson and many others were recruited by British intelligence. Gerry Adams driver, bodyguard and chief aide were all long time British agents who’s role was both to provide information but more importantly to exert influence on republican leaders from within.

Are you denying this entirely or just the extent of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

SafeSurfer were you in the IRA?

You seem to know a whole lot more about them than the average SF voter.

Do you deny that the republican movement was heavily infiltrated by British intelligence? Do you claim to know more than the former head of IRA intelligence?

It’s a matter of public record that compromised IRA pedophiles like Brendan Davidson and many others were recruited by British intelligence. Gerry Adams driver, bodyguard and chief aide were all long time British agents who’s role was both to provide information but more importantly to exert influence on republican leaders from within.

The conflict is over SS. The IRA no longer exist as an operational organisation.

I am glad about that. I wonder are you?

• Advertisement

The conflict is over SS. The IRA no longer exist as an operational organisation.

I am glad about that. I wonder are you?

It’s no problem if you don’t want to answer.

I am happy to answer your question however. Yes I am glad the conflict is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

so basically the British were actually fighting themselves since they ran the IRA? How devilishly clever of them - who would have thunked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

maccored wrote: »
    so basically the British were actually fighting themselves since they ran the IRA? How devilishly clever of them - who would have thunked it.

Apparently so.

And just to make it even more compelling, Maggie Thatcher decided that the IRA would totally destroy the Brighton hotel herself and most of the cabinet were staying in. Maybe that was a totally different IRA that was not completely infiltrated or controlled by the British government.

Some people should really think through an argument before going near a keyboard.

What the IRA has to do with the current election is totally beyond me. Almost all of the SF TD elected were'nt even born when the IRA was active so how could they possibly be responsible for anything the IRA did.

efanton wrote: »
    Apparently so.

And just to make it even more compelling, Maggie Thatcher decided that the IRA would totally destroy the Brighton hotel herself and most of the cabinet were staying in. Maybe that was a totally different IRA that was not completely infiltrated or controlled by the British government.

Some people should really think through an argument before going near a keyboard.

What the IRA has to do with the current election is totally beyond me. Almost all of the SF TD elected were'nt even born when the IRA was active so how could they possibly be responsible for anything the IRA did.

The relevance to the current election of the massive infiltration of the IRA by British intelligence. Which none of the Sinn Fein sycophants have addressed by the way. Is that these people remain compromised. We know that ex IRA senior republicans must ok decisions of Sinn Fein ministers in the north. We also know that half of these senior republicans were recruited as British agents. So the very real prospect exists of Sinn Fein ministers in the south, being directed by ex IRA members, who are themselves being directed by their British intelligence handlers.

Apparently so.

When you say “almost all of the SF TDs elected weren’t even born when the IRA was active”, you must realise this is completely untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Apparently so.

What the **** is this? How many of SF's TD are 23 years of age or younger?

I think you should stay away from your keyboard.
    Delusions, delusions everywhere.

The relevance to the current election of the massive infiltration of the IRA by British intelligence. Which none of the Sinn Fein sycophants have addressed by the way. Is that these people remain compromised. We know that ex IRA senior republicans must ok decisions of Sinn Fein ministers in the north. We also know that half of these senior republicans were recruited as British agents. So the very real prospect exists of Sinn Fein ministers in the south, being directed by ex IRA members, who are themselves being directed by their British intelligence handlers.

I'm sure you were equally concerned about the current Garda commissioner being an ex member of a an armed force who have been found to have colluded and complicit in many murders of members of the community, both north and south of the island.

Let me guess though, the RUC operated completely independently and under the radar of the same British intelligence?

FG had no such concerns - so maybe time for you to follow their leadership SS, no?

There's no provos or brit handlers under your bed. Chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

This fantasy lacks credibility. Old IRA folk from Belfast are not relevant for the issues of today re housing and health. If this malign brit influence was evident, why are SF making a big deal about a border poll? I'm quite happy to see FFG to continue to haemorrhage support because of their IRA obsession and inability to see that the electorate have in large part moved on or the whole point of GFA.

I'm sure you were equally concerned about the current Garda commissioner being an ex minister member of a an armed force who have been found to have colluded and complicit in many murders of members of the community, both north and south of the island.

Let me guess though, the RUC operated completely independently and under the radar of the same British intelligence?

FG had no such concerns - so maybe time for you to follow their leadership SS, no?

There's no provos or brit handlers under your bed. Chill out.

You are creating strawman arguments now.

Of course there was collusion between the British security services, RUC and loyalist paramilitaries just as the IRA and Sinn Fein, especially the higher reaches of both organisations were infiltrated by British intelligence.

• Advertisement

You are creating strawman arguments now.

Of course there was collusion between the British security services, RUC and loyalist paramilitaries just as the IRA and Sinn Fein, especially the higher reaches of both organisations were infiltrated by British intelligence.

Strawmen me Barney.

If the Irish electorate are happy enough (and they seem to be) with an ex RUC man holding the keys to the park, and move the hell along, bit hypocritical to complain about the shinners.

You want your cake and to be left alone to eat it, there's inconsistencies in your argument though.

No harm pointing it out.

Advertisement