Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The aftermath of the election has been great for Boards, multiple new accounts opened old accounts taken down and dusted off to offer insights. Always a bright side. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lets go back to the polling booth then

An excellent idea I think.

An excellent idea I think.

I doubt many of the FG and FF TD's who scrapped over the line recently would share your enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I doubt many of the FG and FF TD's who scrapped over the line recently would share your enthusiasm.

You might be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Or maybe the TD's representing smaller left wing parties who were elected on SF transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A. Another election.

B. A compromise with FF (not likely)

C. A compromise with FG (highly unlikely)

D. A rainbow Left but not enough numbers, so a minority Gov. Best for me. Let them at it. Put their money where their mouths are.

If another election proves SF to be the winners I will be delighted. They are sh!tting themselves that this might happen though. The permanent Opposition might get a wake up call, but they deserve a go at leading the country don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Oh I’m not too sure about that, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A. Another election.

B. A compromise with FF (not likely)

C. A compromise with FG (highly unlikely)

D. A rainbow Left but not enough numbers, so a minority Gov. Best for me. Let them at it. Put their money where their mouths are.

If another election proves SF to be the winners I will be delighted. They are sh!tting themselves that this might happen though. The permanent Opposition might get a wake up call, but they deserve a go at leading the country don't they?

How do you know they are 'sh!tting themselves'?

You might be surprised.

I won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

jcullen222 wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar is finished, FG will be out of government for quite a while.

I'd say they are happy enough with that. Let the Left work it out, and let FF shun their core principle of not going anywhere near SF.

Another election beckons. I am not a SF supporter but I really want to see them fulfil their manifesto and solve all our problems, and keep their elected nutters at bay at the same time.

May we live in interesting times.

• Advertisement

Oh I’m not too sure about that, dude.

Ah now you also claimed Harris will be recognised as the greatest health minister we ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The people decided they wanted more scrounges and voted in Violet-Anne. They decided they wanted more anti-semitism and voted in Cronin.

You've no clue. The Israeli government isn't a race. As said the other day when Kenny was making the N word joke nobody tried to say all of FG were ignorant racist idiots...sit down ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ah now you also claimed Harris will be recognised as the greatest health minister we ever had.

And was fairly adamant that FG would waltz back into govt.

Another election will almost certainly return an even greater number of seats for the shinners, especially how MM and Leo are carrying on.

Both are, imo finished regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I don't know why people still pay attention to that very obvious troll.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I don't know why people still pay attention to that very obvious troll.

It makes for interesting viewing to see who thanks his posts.

Bowie wrote: »
    You've no clue. The Israeli government isn't a race. As said the other day when Kenny was making the N word joke nobody tried to say all of FG were ignorant racist idiots...sit down ffs.

It's not anti Semitic to be outspoken on Israel's actions, being anti Semitic is being hostile against the Jewish religion, or Jewish people in general.

Israel could be occupied and ran by a gang of born again Mormon evangelist Buddhists, and you could still call or their actions against Palestinians.

Anti Semitic, the back of my sack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

Bowie wrote: »

I’m sure you tried. Nice of you to defend a holocaust denier.

I’m sure you tried. Nice of you to defend a holocaust denier.

Who denied the Holocaust?

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's not anti Semitic to be outspoken on Israel's actions, being anti Semitic is being hostile against the Jewish religion, or Jewish people in general.

Israel could be occupied and ran by a gang of born again Mormon evangelist Buddhists, and you could still call or their actions against Palestinians.

Anti Semitic, the back of my sack.

Have you seen her comments and retweets? Where she said Jewish backers were controlling Hitler and put him into power? Are you seriously defending her?

Oliver Flanagan perhaps?

• Advertisement

Reada Cronin, the newly elected SF TD.

Reada Cronin, the newly elected SF TD.

Can you provide some links to back up your claim? I know she criticised Israel, that is a valid postion to hold. The UN has also on many occasions criticised Israel in multiple occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It will be another insult to the irish electorate if Mary Lou does not lead the next government after tonights vote in the dail.

Leo and Martin are busted flushes. It is clear change is needed and wanted.

Can you provide some links to back up your claim? I know she criticised Israel, that is a valid postion to hold. The UN has also on many occasions criticised Israel in multiple occasions.

She has recently blocked access to all her tweets, so no, I can’t provide links. Not the actions of someone with nothing to hide.

She has recently blocked access to all her tweets, so no, I can’t provide links. Not the actions of someone with nothing to hide.

So you can't back up your claim, seems unreasonable to make an unsubstantiated allegation so.

So you can't back up your claim, seems unreasonable to make an unsubstantiated allegation so.

Herself, Mary Lou and Pearse McDoherty were falling over themselves trying to apologise for her today. But nothing to see here.

Looks like Mary Lou will be Taoiseach.

Did she get her extra 35 votes this evening?

Herself, Mary Lou and Pearse McDoherty were falling over themselves trying to apologise for her today. But nothing to see here.

Again you made an unsubstantiated allegation, with no evidence to back up your claim. As I said many have criticised Israel for its behaviour in dealing with the Palestinians, this criticism should not be used to accuse the critic as being a Holocaust denier. Sounds like a new tactic to close down debate concerning present Israeli behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Looks like Mary Lou will be Taoiseach.

About as likely as SF being in govt. From RTE:

Ms McDonald was the third candidate, but she too failed to win enough support, with 45 votes in favour, 84 in opposition and 29 abstentions.

Adds up to 158. CC has no voting rights. So one TD missing.

• Advertisement

Again you made an unsubstantiated allegation, with no evidence to back up your claim. As I said many have criticised Israel for its behaviour in dealing with the Palestinians, this criticism should not be used to accuse the critic as being a Holocaust denier. Sounds like a new tactic to close down debate concerning present Israeli behaviour.

If the lady in question makes her legacy tweets public again without any cleansing then I’ll provide proof.

She claimed Jewish bankers controlled and put Hitler into power. Israel did not exist in the 1930’s, you attempt to muddy the waters is not working.

Advertisement