Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If the lady in question makes her legacy tweets public again without any cleansing then I’ll provide proof.

She claimed Jewish bankers controlled and put Hitler into power. Israel did not exist in the 1930’s, you attempt to muddy the waters is not working.

The Dáil is littered with people who were allowed to move on from 'saying the wrong thing' 'financial dodgyiness' and other improprieties.
    The lady has apologised and stated these are no longer her views.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hoping SF will be able to form a Gov after the inevitable (I think) next election.

To be fair, they need a chance to prove their manifesto and their approach to solving all our ills. Change is good but needs to be proven too.

Onwards we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

jcullen222 wrote: »
    Another GE then.

Possibly, though my money is on FF/Green/Independents, maybe with SD thrown in. Good odds on Paddy Power too.

That's kind of convenient. A lot of people will be skeptical though. I'd rather if someone was honest about their views rather than pretend they no longer have those views, just to suit the audience. That's the last thing I can tolerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If the lady in question makes her legacy tweets public again without any cleansing then I’ll provide proof.

She claimed Jewish bankers controlled and put Hitler into power. Israel did not exist in the 1930’s, you attempt to muddy the waters is not working.

She didn't. Stop your lying.

Her exact words were "Those wars were instigated and funded by the banks of royal families of Europe."

She didn't say what you claimed, nor did she deny the holocaust like you also claimed. She may be a gobshite, that bangs on about fluoride in the water and other nonsense. But she's nowhere near what you are lying about.

Until more tweets from her come out, there is nothing to suggest what you're saying has any truth to it. But I suspect you're just another re reg troll, who's content has left a lot to be desired so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,045 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The fact that they were ever her views (all of the nonsense that's been dragged up) suggests she is unsuitable to hold public office. Easily lead and reactionary.

n97 mini wrote: »
    That's kind of convenient. A lot of people will be skeptical though. I'd rather if someone was honest about their views rather than pretend they no longer have those views, just to suit the audience. That's the last thing I can tolerate.

Skepticism about the real beliefs of politicians is something that is healthy to have. All of them.

The point I was making that she has done what others have done and have been allowed to move on. And nobody tried to imply that a TD speaking out of line represented the views of the party. But that seems to be always the case with a Shinner when one of theirs messes up.

Make your own mind up about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

Tony EH wrote: »

Her exact words were "Those wars were instigated and funded by the banks of royal families of Europe."

She didn't say what you claimed, nor did she deny the holocaust like you also claimed. She may be a gobshite, that bangs on about fluoride in the water and other nonsense. But she's nowhere near what you are lying about.

Until more tweets from her come out, there is nothing to suggest what you're saying has any truth to it. But I suspect you're just another re reg troll, who's content has left a lot to be desired so far.

Convenient that you can say with certainty that she didn’t say x or y when her tweets have been made private.

Let’s see the proof that I am lying.

L1011 wrote: »
    The fact that they were ever her views (all of the nonsense that's been dragged up) suggests she is unsuitable to hold public office. Easily lead and reactionary.

Well don't vote for her.
    I didn't vote for several candidates here for that reason.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Unless two of either Sinn Fein, Fianna Fail and Fine Gael go in together, I can't see any sort of coalition being formed. For one of the big 3 to go in without the one of the others, it will require all the other parties and independents or some sort of confidence and supply agreement. I just can't see it happening.

• Advertisement

Unless two of either Sinn Fein, Fianna Fail and Fine Gael go in together, I can't see any sort of coalition being formed. For one of the big 3 to go in without the one of the others, it will require all the other parties and independents or some sort of confidence and supply agreement. I just can't see it happening.

Even if there was an ABFFG thing occurring, the number of Independents that are FF or FG genepool ensures that there is no majority. McGrath, Healey Rae 1&2, Naughten, Lowry, Murphy wouldn't touch such a grouping and it seems that Berry and Canney wouldn't either.

FF+ragbag and FG+ragbag would also fail due to the split line in those FF/FG genepool independents.

This isn't 1948 where there just about was an ABFF with the most cobbled together coalition going.

Even if there was an ABFFG thing occurring, the number of Independents that are FF or FG genepool ensures that there is no majority. McGrath, Healey Rae 1&2, Naughten, Lowry, Murphy wouldn't touch such a grouping and it seems that Berry and Canney wouldn't either.

FF+ragbag and FG+ragbag would also fail due to the split line in those FF/FG genepool independents.

This isn't 1948 where there just about was an ABFF with the most cobbled together coalition going.

Maybe SF will provide confidence and supply to the coalition. In the interests of the country.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Maybe SF will provide confidence and supply to the coalition. In the interests of the country.

I can't see that happening.

Skepticism about the real beliefs of politicians is something that is healthy to have. All of them.

The point I was making that she has done what others have done and have been allowed to move on. And nobody tried to imply that a TD speaking out of line represented the views of the party. But that seems to be always the case with a Shinner when one of theirs messes up.

Make your own mind up about that.

My own mind would say SF should have suspended her for 3 months, at the very least. Same with yer one in Clare. SF seem to be doing Renua levels of vetting (ie feck all) of candidates.

n97 mini wrote: »
    My own mind would say SF should have suspended her for 3 months, at the very least. Same with yer one in Clare. SF seem to be doing Renua levels of vetting (ie feck all) of candidates.

Cronin was a Councillor for 5 years - they were perfectly OK with her until the national media had reason to raise an issue. Champion wasn't going to cover it because she bought ads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

the sennanagins in the Dail today was just an charade. Ryan pretending he was going to be our number one leader was a joke. He can later use it as a fig leaf when he goes into a coalition with FF/FG, no other combination will hold water for more than a few weeks.

I can't see that happening.

They should be putting the country first, just like they were calling on FF and FG to do only last week. What is good for the goose ...

the sennanagins in the Dail today was just an charade. Ryan pretending he was going to be our number one leader was a joke. He can later use it as a fig leaf when he goes into a coalition with FF/FG, no other combination will hold water for more than a few weeks.

Doesn't that always happen though? It's not like they expect everyone to vote for Ryan but they don't vote for another party's leader until a coalition has been decided. It would be a bit stupid if they voted for Michael Martin and then a few weeks from now go into coalition with Sinn Fein or Fine Gael and vote for Mary Lou or Varadker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Still no proof of her denying the Holocaust as you claimed. Easy to dismiss you tbh.

Cronin was a Councillor for 5 years - they were perfectly OK with her until the national media had reason to raise an issue. Champion wasn't going to cover it because she bought ads!

And still is. Full page "Thank you" ad in the most recent edition.

• Advertisement

Still no proof of her denying the Holocaust as you claimed. Easy to dismiss you tbh.

Yeah, strange that she, Mary Lou and McDoherty felt the need to apologise. Clearly nothing to see here.

Yeah, strange that she, Mary Lou and McDoherty felt the need to apologise. Clearly nothing to see here.

Was her apology relating to a denial of the Holocaust? Easily linked if it is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Tony EH wrote: »

So we agree she is another anti-vax lunatic and an anti-semite to boot, as well as having David Icke type views on the Royal Families.
    A great addition to our Dail! :D

These new SF TD's are the gift that keeps on giving. I can imagine the shock and horror of people who voted for these lunatics, they move their vote elsewhere unless MLD fires them from SF.

Was her apology relating to a denial of the Holocaust? Easily linked if it is the case.

She (and they) had the sense not to repeat her offensive comments in the apology.

Strange, she has now deleted her twitter account.

https://mobile.twitter.com/readacronin?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭limnam

markodaly wrote: »
    These new SF TD's are the gift that keeps on giving. I can imagine the shock and horror of people who voted for these lunatics, they move their vote elsewhere unless MLD fires them from SF.

You seem to be grossly overestimating how much people care about it.

There's so much going on at the moment even Ivan can't seem to resurrect it.

It's not sticking. People don't give a fck. They're looking at 1500-2000 going out of their bank a month to rent a suit case with doors.

They're watching loved ones die on trollys. Or their child's chemo get cancelled.

They're going to graves of young women who died so we could save a few bob while we add 25bn on to our debts.

These people don't give a fck what someone said on twitter.

She (and they) had the sense not to repeat her offensive comments in the apology.

Comments you claimed she made but can't provide proof of? lol.

Comments you claimed she made but can't provide proof of? lol.

She has deleted her Twitter account and all the 125k plus tweets. How do you expect me to provide proof when she / SF have deleted all the proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭limnam

She has deleted her Twitter account and all the 125k plus tweets. How do you expect me to provide proof when she / SF have deleted all the proof?

So now you're going to make up any auld rubbish that was on the feed but have no proof of it?

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    You seem to be grossly overestimating how much people care about it.

There's so much going on at the moment even Ivan can't seem to resurrect it.

It's not sticking. People don't give a fck. They're looking at 1500-2000 going out of their bank a month to rent a suit case with doors.

They're watching loved ones die on trollys. Or their child's chemo get cancelled.

They're going to graves of young women who died so we could save a few bob while we add 25bn on to our debts.

These people don't give a fck what someone said on twitter.

Keep believing that. But Reada Cronin will not be nominated if there is another election.

Advertisement