Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

limnam wrote: »
    So now you're going to make up any auld rubbish that was on the feed but have no proof of it?

Rubbish like you claiming not to support or vote for SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You seem to be grossly overestimating how much people care about it.

There's so much going on at the moment even Ivan can't seem to resurrect it.

It's not sticking. People don't give a fck. They're looking at 1500-2000 going out of their bank a month to rent a suit case with doors.

They're watching loved ones die on trollys. Or their child's chemo get cancelled.

They're going to graves of young women who died so we could save a few bob while we add 25bn on to our debts.

These people don't give a fck what someone said on twitter.

The election is over :D
    Yes, people do care about day to day things, but they will not want to be represented by lunatics either who spout nonesense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭limnam

Keep believing that. But Reada Cronin will not be nominated if there is another election.

The scary thing is.

They might get so many in the next time, they don't need her.

So now you're going to make up any auld rubbish that was on the feed but have no proof of it?

What has she got to hide? Why is she not willing to stand over her tweets?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Keep believing that. But Reada Cronin will not be nominated if there is another election.

100%

The SF vote was a protest vote, its like the wind, here today, gone tomorrow.
    If SF go into government, then that vote will dissappear because they over promised on everything.

• Advertisement

The scary thing is.

They might get so many in the next time, they don't need her.

Yet you are here defending the indefensible.

markodaly wrote: »
    but they will not want to be represented by lunatics either who spout nonesense.

They've put up with it for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You seem to be grossly overestimating how much people care about it.

There's so much going on at the moment even Ivan can't seem to resurrect it.

It's not sticking. People don't give a fck. They're looking at 1500-2000 going out of their bank a month to rent a suit case with doors.

They're watching loved ones die on trollys. Or their child's chemo get cancelled.

They're going to graves of young women who died so we could save a few bob while we add 25bn on to our debts.

These people don't give a fck what someone said on twitter.

What a load of bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

markodaly wrote: »
    100%

The SF vote was a protest vote, its like the wind, here today, gone tomorrow.
    If SF go into government, then that vote will dissappear because they over promised on everything.

Another election or a FF/SF/ANO coalition.

As a FG voter I’d be good with either.

Yet you are here defending the indefensible.

Cancelling kids chemo.

That's indefensible.

Cracking job Simon Harris.

• Advertisement

Rubbish like you claiming not to support or vote for SF?

What would be the point to lie?

I'm not the one that created a second account a week ago.

What are you hiding.

Cancelling kids chemo.

That's indefensible.

Cracking job Simon Harris.

Keep defending a racist anti-Semite, a great look.

Where did I defend her?

Not as great as a young woman's life cut short because someone wanted to cut a corner.

What would be the point to lie?

I'm not the one that created a second account a week ago.

What are you hiding.

Can you honestly claim to not be a SF supporter and voter when you have posted dozens of posts defending scrounger Violet-Anne and now defend racist anti-Semite Reada Cronin? Seriously?

This is my only account. I signed up to express my opinions on SF and their unsuitable candidates.

Not as great as a young woman's life cut short because someone wanted to cut a corner.

Any evidence to back up this accusation?

Can you honestly claim to not be a SF supporter and voter when you have posted dozens of posts defending scrounger Violet-Anne and now defend racist anti-Semite Reada Cronin? Seriously?

I suggested there might be more to the Violet-Anne situation.

I didn't defend Reada what are you waffling about.
    This is my only account. I signed up to express my opinions on SF and their unsuitable candidates.

22 years it's here and this election you decide to start an account?

Pull the other one pal

I suggested there might be more to the Violet-Anne situation.

I didn't defend Reada what are you waffling about.

22 years it's here and this election you decide to start an account?

Pull the other one pal

What are you talking about buddy? 22 years of what?

It took you dozens of posts to suggest there might be more to the Violet-Anne situation? Spell it out if there is.

You have numerous whataboutery posts in this thread attempting to deflect from discussion of Cronin and her offensive tweets.

What are you talking about buddy? 22 years of what?

It took you dozens of posts to suggest there might be more to the Violet-Anne situation? Spell it out if there is.

You have numerous whataboutery posts in this thread attempting to deflect from discussion of Cronin and her offensive tweets.

it's a discussion forum.

I was discussing. Never defended her.

jcullen222 wrote: »
    Where do we go from here? Mary Lou as Taoiseach?

I imagine it'll be FF/FG/G early April.

• Advertisement

Can’t see it, the people voted for SF change and that government won’t sit.

It's that or back to polls.

No way is Martin going in after the ranting today. Not a chance.

Rainbow not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

maccored wrote: »
    so you do think the brits were fighting themselves is what you are claiming. yes? you do realise how stupid that sounds?

Do you believe that every intelligence infiltration of an enemy force essentially means they are “fighting themselves”?

In a society where access to libraries is free, such ignorance is inexcusable.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

My first preference voting in the general election was for FF. I would be fairly furious and p1ssed off if FF went into government with FG. I know FF and FG are nearly the same and I suppose it does make sense for them to join up to go into government. I would be mad because FG has spent years pointing their fingers and reminding the public about how bad FF were (when a lot of it was a global economy and FG being rubbish in opposition). I would at least like FGs leader to make a public apology to FF, failing that maybe answer some questions why they would like to go into government with a party that they had so much distain for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Do you think there’s a chance FF will just say fu** it and go in with SF?

Ciara Kelly wrote an excellent article in the Sindo last week about this. FF are now playing with their very existence.

FF were once the party of everyone and every man. The party of the farmer, the working class Dub, the builder, and the small business owner. That sort of populism won't wash these days as SF have temporarily taken over that centre left posture that the electorate find attractive.

FG are the party who are elected when populism results in making the country bankrupt. Happened under Lynch, Haughey and Ahern lead governments. People tut and moan, and vote in FG to sort it out. I wouldn't even blame FF that much. They do good stuff when in government. Populism always catches up with you though. It's unsustainable. You cannot keep everyone happy.

FG can easily pivot back to a centre-right position. That's what their core vote wants tbh.

So now we have SF preaching populism on the left, and FG going back into opposition to preach the virtues of fiscal conservatism. Where is FF in all this? Floundering around in the middle liked a beached whale.

That's why FF want another election. The dealer has offered them another card.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That's why FF want another election. The dealer has offered them another card.

What is giving you the impression FF want another election? I don't see how it
    would improve things for them.

Micheal Martin certainly doesn't as he would not be leading the party into it and would never be taoiseach.

Do you think there’s a chance FF will just say fu** it and go in with SF?

I thought there might be before yesterday

But that clash between the two yesterday is hard to come back from I'd say.

I thought there might be before yesterday

But that clash between the two yesterday is hard to come back from I'd say.

Would have to be a different leader at least, and I don't see enough active enthusiasm within FF for a deal with SF to make that happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭robwen

Who voted for Martin for taoiseach apart from FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Can’t see it, the people voted for SF change and that government won’t sit.

The government would have a majority of seats and percentage of 1st preferences. Why wouldn't it sit?

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »
    Who voted for Martin for taoiseach apart from FF?

I'm guessing Healy Raes and/or some of the other gene poolers...

Advertisement