Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Had to laugh at the FGer there on RTE when Miriam asked if they hid Harris and Murphy away... absolutely not, they were part of all the debates he says :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 FLaris

This election is a disaster for anyone working for a living. As is, many are losing near 50% of their income in tax. That’s only get worse with the extent the Shinners will be subsidising the layabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

quokula wrote:
    Unfortunately it looks like many voters are choosing to punish long term planning in favour of unachievable promises.

People are just pissed, and understandable so, and obviously this was created to effectively adjust for changes in government, which is badly needed, and not just for health care

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

quokula wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like many voters are choosing to punish long term planning in favour of unachievable promises.

Nine years is long enough to implement any plan.

If Leo was as passionate about tackling issues and implementing plans surrounding health and housing even two years ago as he has been in the last two weeks when an election forced him to be passionate about them, he might not have been in the sticky situation he is in this morning.

Will be even be FG leader come St Patrick's Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its the greatest crisis in the state since the 2010 bankruptcy when people spent themselves almost out of existence, or, one could say, since the arms crisis. That the SF supporters are blindly marching the country down a very troubled road in such numbers is rightly gobsmacking. Horrific. And gobsmacking. It is democracy spiralling out of control and shadowy subversive paramilitary forces getting uncomfortably close to the levers of power.
    Calm down. I don't like SF either but they aren't even in yet. I would say FF will lead a rainbow coalition with ....a whole host of greens and lab etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Shocked why everyone thinks Sinn Fein have won, yes they have a large , young and uneducated vote but it still looks even on exit polls only, I suspect the final count will tell a different story

This is our ...brexit ...populism only to the left.

I guess we have historic reasons for that.

Also i think people are sick of having two center right parties all the time. They want a real leftist party right party system i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its the greatest crisis in the state since the 2010 bankruptcy when people spent themselves almost out of existence, or, one could say, since the arms crisis. That the SF supporters are blindly marching the country down a very troubled road in such numbers is rightly gobsmacking. Horrific. And gobsmacking. It is democracy spiralling out of control and shadowy subversive paramilitary forces getting uncomfortably close to the levers of power.

This tactic failed so double down again? Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

quokula wrote: »

What long term planning is that? Building a children's hospital for 500 million which a year later turns out to be 1.5 billion? Or spending 1.6 million on a printer which can't fit into the building??

Not much planning going on there!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Shocked why everyone thinks Sinn Fein have won, yes they have a large , young and uneducated vote but it still looks even on exit polls only, I suspect the final count will tell a different story
    I would say its going to be split three ways pretty closely.

I don't think any party will have enough to form a majority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

:pac:

The state wasn't bankrupt during the previous crash, it was the banks that were, due to being over leveraged, public finances were in decent shape at the time, regularly running balanced budgets, even slight surpluses at times

LOL you're as deluded as the rest of them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »
    Nine years is long enough to implement any plan.

If Leo was as passionate about tackling issues and implementing plans surrounding health and housing even two years ago as he has been in the last two weeks when an election forced him to be passionate about them, he might not have been in the sticky situation he is in this morning.

Will be even be FG leader come St Patrick's Day?

How would you have implemented a plan on housing considering we were dealing with the IMF in 2011?Last year was the first time we had a budget surplus in 12 years. 6 billion a year gap at one stage.

Would you have cut public sector salaries for example and used the money to build social housing? Or would you have stopped lnward migration of skilled workers to work in tech who put upward pressure on rents in traditionally working class areas like Ringsend and Smithfield? Cut the dole maybe? How would you have solved housing and who would you have had build the houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Christ on a bike. Thats some garbage.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

FLaris wrote: »
    This election is a disaster for anyone working for a living. As is, many are losing near 50% of their income in tax. That’s only get worse with the extent the Shinners will be subsidising the layabouts.

If mass unemployment, emigration, crumbling public services, and bankrupting the state is the price to pay for a 32 county Ireland, SF will happily take the country that way. SF have run a devious campaign - suggesting they are the solution to the people's ills in healthcare, pensions, employment, housing etc. But thing of what the entire raison d'être of SF is - to the level of being will to murder and maim - an all Ireland republic. Anything else is trimmings to them, and any price is worth paying to reach that single goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

almostover wrote: »
    It's high time really that FG & FF merge into a centrist party. FG are a smidge right of centre and FF perhaps a smidge left. They're not that different from a policy perspective. About time the civil war politics were dumped.

Centre-right and Centre-left are quite different beasts though. FF and SF have more common ground and would make a lot more sense as a coalition than FF and FG (despite what the SF fans here keep saying). Centre-left and left are closer in thinking than Centre-left and Centre-right, particularly if they need another party to get a majority, the Greens, Lab, SDs, etc. are all left of centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Leave it to Irish
    Voting in SF with the dodgiest manifesto going

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Dobson and his guests look like they are going to cry brilliant stuff. Nobody from sf should even give the ****ers an interview after the **** of the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

FF/FG/Greens coalition me thinks with Michael Martin as Taoiseach , Simon Coveny as Tainiste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If mass unemployment, emigration, crumbling public services, and bankrupting the state is the price to pay for a 32 county Ireland, SF will happily take the country that way. SF have run a devious campaign - suggesting they are the solution to the people's ills in healthcare, pensions, employment, housing etc. But thing of what the entire raison d'être of SF is - to the level of being will to murder and maim - an all Ireland republic. Anything else is trimmings to them, and any price is worth paying to reach that single goal.

The 'barbarians are at the gate' stuff ain't working. Not with the electorate and not as a way to continuously try and disrupt the threads.

Weird the country is divided. But not like we all want to kill each other like the UK or the USA.

Its like a quiet division.

C__MC wrote:
    Leave it to Irish Voting in SF with the dodgiest manifesto going

Shur don't they all promise stuff they can't really provide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

FF/FG/Greens coalition me thinks with Michael Martin as Taoiseach , Simon Coveny as Tainiste

I can guarantee you now ff and fg wont merge

**** me

Coveney will take over FG, Leo will resign for the month is out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

C__MC wrote: »

Of course they will, 2 peas in the one pod

C__MC wrote:

Everything is on the table now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Any chance you share the figures from the Exit Poll that confirmed the educational background of the voters questioned?

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Shur don't they all promise stuff they can't really provide
    SF aren't as lefty as they proclaim. If you look up the north they are not reds.

They are middle off the road lefties AT BEST if that. They use the cloak of leftie ..to hide or distract from what they really are ..super nationalist.

We all be speaking Irish etc.

Also their whole anti eu stance.

Advertisement