Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They are not uneducated.

They are just from a generation that didn't grow up seeing the troubles in real time.

They don't know THAT history.

Sinn Fein helped to bring about the cease fire and were involved in the good Friday agreement!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

C__MC wrote: »
    Yes they will but it could have been alot worse
    They where polling terribly in opinion polls

Losing half their seats potentially is not a good performance. Transfers may hurt them over the next two days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Dub Central 40% boxes

SF (Mary Lou) 36%
    Green 13%
    FG (Paschal) 11%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Has anyone got a reliable prediction of seat distribution?

Paddy Power is predicting FF 49, FG 38, SF 35. I'm expecting FF to be the largest party but I'd be surprised if they had that many...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wow 13 years ago amazing. How many young people can buy/rent a house in 2020?

Why would a group of people who lined their pockets with organized crime do anything to help them?

They haven't in the north. Their economy is worse than ours.

But sure if SF want to flaunt their past etc ....let them ..sure the young people don't care .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

You can see Miriam o callaghan and how gutted she is

6 wrote: »
    I don't think so either. They know it'd hurt them both next time out

if the analysis is in what would hurt you next time out.....youd never enter govt, which time and again is a proven voteloser!

ff taking on sf but giving them health and housing would be cute

fg be happy enough to sit one out for the long run

sf after power drop back into the mid teens of first pref at the next election, maybe get a bit more transfer friendly after though.

its another transition election, fg are at a low ebb and frankly rightly deserve to be out from dropping so many balls. complacent.

ff still wearing the sackcloth, if (as looks likely) they get in, they better stay whiter than white. and they wont, its not in them.

next election will be another mess, in short, and the one after. not much point claiming any big victories on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭lemmno

pjohnson wrote: »
    Lol they know the "troubles". But care about the present and the future.

But the SF campaign/manifesto was full of holes, a lot of it didn’t add up. I have nothing against the party or it’s leader and was open to giving them the vote but after seeing the debates and doing the research, I didn’t feel like they really knew what they were doing to be honest. Especially from an economics viewpoint. I’m wondering how anyone who followed it could have thought otherwise. What is it that they’ve promised that has gotten them the support? Or are people voting in a ‘the lesser of the 3 evils’ kind of way? An interesting few days ahead anyway!

Yeah. I don't reckon SF will get many second preference votes. Sf voters will probably give a lot of second preferences to other leftest parties though.
    they probably won't need them in very many constituencies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Joan Burton seems to be on course to lose her seat.

Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I think some people are under the impression that each party having roughly the same first preference votes amounts to each party getting 22% of the seats so 35 seats for SF, 35 for FF and 35 for FG.

Based in twitter, and to an extent here, it's more than some with them saying SF are in power and more bizarrely that RTE are panicking. Must be their dodgy TVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You are missing the point it’s not about the troubles, it’s about ability, I would bet less than 5% of Sinn Fein voters have read their plans for government, it’s a moronic populist vote.

I voted for SF as a Fck You voted to FF & FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Sad demise of the labour party
    Founded by a great man but their in steep decline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Pat Rabitte of the Labour Party on the television wondering why they are no longer relevant.

Jesus Christ these guys are well insulated from both society and reality.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    they probably won't need them in very many constituencies
    We know that.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

C__MC wrote:
    Sad demise of the labour party Founded by a great man but their in steep decline

Abandoned their base, shur no wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Paddy Power is predicting FF 49, FG 38, SF 35. I'm expecting FF to be the largest party but I'd be surprised if they had that many...
    I'd go with a No, not until we see first counts and even then the destination of SF transfers could change it all around.

STB. wrote: »
    Pat Rabitte of the Labour Party wondering why they are no longer on the television.

Jesus Christ these guys are well insulated from society.
    Unbelievable right?

We know that.:rolleyes:
    Is there something wrong with your face there?

Is there something wrong with your face there?
    Why are you stating the bloody obvious?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Lots of people have, but it’s shooting yourself in the foot if these people get power, they don’t have the ability.

Why are you stating the bloody obvious?
    Oh go away.
    Read your own stupid post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

is_that_so wrote: »
    I'd go with a No, not until we see first counts and even then the destination of SF transfers could change it all around.

But could it not at least be said with some confidence that SF transfers will keep FF ahead of FG? I don't see where FG would get a stock of transfers to outweigh that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

On that basis FG/FF down 7, SF up 12. Hardly the seismic change that some people think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Dub Central 40% boxes

SF (Mary Lou) 36%
    Green 13%
    FG (Paschal) 11%

When the FG finance minister is polling behind the Greens, you know you're on the slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It is a stupid way to vote though. Vote for someone whose policies you may agree with, rather than someone just because you think it gives 2 fingers to another party.

And if many voted this way, it's not good for SF as it's just a transient protest vote.

is_that_so wrote: »
    In a way no. Very few sinners votes will go FG's way ...maybe a few older sf voters might go FF.

But mostly they will go soc dems PBP etc. It will still be a weird rainbow coalition.

But sf have to learn its not just about having ardent supporters in our voting system. Its about having people not inclined to vote for you just being meh about you rather than fearing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Lots of people have, but it’s shooting yourself in the foot if these people get power, they don’t have the ability.

How do you know they don’t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

STB. wrote: »
    Pat Rabitte of the Labour Party on the television wondering why they are no longer relevant.

Jesus Christ these guys are well insulated from both society and reality.

Not watching, but his comments aside I imagine he's there for his insights on the vote.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    It is a stupid way to vote though. Vote for someone who's policies you may agree with, rather than someone just because you think it gives 2 fingers to another party.
    They probably do agree with their policies. Well vaguely.

Advertisement