Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not watching, but his comments aside I imagine he's there for his insights on the vote.

He was banging on about Howlin being a capable leader and couldn't understand how they were no longer relevant. At least 2 of their candidates are well in their 70s. Thats how fecked things are in that party.
    Unbelievable right?

Yes. The simple matter is that Brendan Howlin and Co destroyed their own party when they went into power with FG, backed unsecured bondholders, delivered austerity measures, and wrecked any chance of recovery, ensuring no money for infrastructure and services.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

How do you know they don’t?
    Look at North ..its economy is a mess.

They can't balance the budget even though the uk gives more to NI than to the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Green Peter

I really think that RIC commentation debacle brought the republican out alot of people and cannot be played down. It tipified how out of touch this government FG were. The arrogance. It's time to let sinn Fein in to power and let the people who voted for them see what they voted for and how the manage having to make decisions with limited budgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hurrache wrote: »
    It is a stupid way to vote though. Vote for someone who's policies you may agree with, rather than someone just because you think it gives 2 fingers to another party.

And if many voted this way, it's not good for SF as it's just a transient protest vote.

There were plenty of others in the country who voted similarly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

But could it not at least be said with some confidence that SF transfers will keep FF ahead of FG? I don't see where FG would get a stock of transfers to outweigh that

In 2016 according to RTE, 10% of SF transfers went to FF
    5% to FG
    The TransferLeft campaign (of sorts) will be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

I voted for SF as a Fck You voted to FF & FG.

You've only said fcuk you to yourself there.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

Yeah. I don't reckon SF will get many second preference votes. Sf voters will probably give a lot of second preferences to other leftest parties though.

Just on this...I can see a lot of SF voters just marking 1 and 2 for SF candidates and leaving the rest blank. If this happens and the SF candidates exceed their quota then what happens to the excess votes with no further preferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,102 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I really think that RIC commentation debacle brought the republican out alot of people and cannot be played down. It tipified how out of touch this government FG were. The arrogance. It's time to let sinn Fein in to power and let the people who voted for them see what they voted for and how the manage having to make decisions with limited budgets.

Let them into power? With who?

NIMAN wrote: »
    When the FG finance minister is polling behind the Greens, you know you're on the slide.
    Could be all the Cabra boxes in!
    Though there was posts on this site saying Paschal was really worried (they ran two there btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Look at North ..its economy is a mess.

They can't balance the budget even though the uk gives more to NI than to the EU.

NI is not the republican of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

There is no doubt the RIC commemoration hurt FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭headtheball14

Just on this...I can see a lot of SF voters just marking 1 and 2 for SF candidates and leaving the rest blank. If this happens and the SF candidates exceed their quota then what happens to the excess votes with no further preferences?

They are discarded once there are no further preferences stated

Let them into power? With who?
    Do you know. I think if SF had merely been politer .....someone would have gone into power with them. Its not just about the past. Its about how they treat people in the Dail. They are rude. Its very blind of them.

They haven't fostered good relationships with ANYONE outside of their own party either in NI in the UK here in Dublin or in the EU. I think that says a lot.

Ok they have supporters and voters. But they have not a single good working relationship with any party or organization.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Wow. You are case in point of a sf voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LeineGlas

Scrolling through Twitter most updates seem to consist of photographs of monitors. It's unreal how many people working for media outlets don't know how to screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They probably do agree with their policies. Well vaguely.

Some do, but for others, like the person who openly admitted to, it's just a protest vote.

I’ve jumped loads of pages so may have been asked already.

When should we expect to get some results in?

C__MC wrote: »
    There is no doubt the RIC commemoration hurt FG.
    It showed up their innate arrogance - it wasn't very pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

But could it not at least be said with some confidence that SF transfers will keep FF ahead of FG? I don't see where FG would get a stock of transfers to outweigh that
    Naturally one might guess they'd go left but who knows? We've never been here before and they could go anywhere even to FF & FG.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lol Ivan Yates just gave Boards a mention

• Advertisement

Well.....obviously.

I mean I would love to have that much public money to spend on like only a third of the population we have and still overspend. Wouldn't it be great?

They are rubbish in govt in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

it was the biggest brainfart any government ever had , add to that the opposition linked the proposed old RIC commemoration to the black and tans

PR catastrophe

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

After lunch.

pc7 wrote: »
    Lol Ivan Yates just have Boards a mention

What did the old chancer say?;)

Probably 12-1pm ish

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

LeineGlas wrote: »
    Scrolling through Twitter most updates seem to consist of photographs of monitors. It's unreal how many people working for media outlets don't know how to screenshot.

They're hardly going to have access to other people's machines to screen shot and email it to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Wow. You are case in point of a sf voter.

I didn’t vote S.F.
    Apology accepted.

Some do, but for others, like the person who openly admitted to, it's just a protest vote.
    Not in the same way Trump was.

If you are right wing. You have no issues with voting FF. I mean if you are right wing and sick of being taxed and want to protest vote you don't vote SF.

You only vote sf if you are at least vaguely leftist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Lots of people have, but it’s shooting yourself in the foot if these people get power, they don’t have the ability.

Or their ability and experience lies in different areas, which we dont really want south of the border.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

A load of students who dont yet have to deal with economic realities giving two fingers to the sitting government. Give them 5yrs and paying tax, let's see their cough softened then when SF is pouring money into anto, jacinta and their 4 ankle biters.

Advertisement