Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

C__MC wrote: »
    Sinn fein going to get a victory in wexford to

At the end of January, Johnny Mythen was 2/1 to even get a seat. During the week he went to 1/10.

Remarkable as Johnny couldn't retain his county council position in the local elections last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,002 ✭✭✭✭listermint

threeball wrote: »
    A huge vote came from the 18 to 24 demographic so hardly baseless.

Huge like what 30 percent ? What about the other 70...

It's a stupid assertion. If you are anyway serious about discussing politics of the day at least bother to understand the data.

Baseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

threeball wrote: »
    I think the grand coalition is on the cards. Neither of them want to deal with Sinn Fein. Either way it's bad news for the country. Sinn Fein as main opposition attacking every single move doesn't make for good government either.

That's exactly what the country needs, clear opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fingal tallies no mention of GOD..it's a conspiracy!!!!

First count result around 3 they said

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Looks like the exit poll underestimated the SF vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

That's exactly what the country needs, clear opposition.

Opposition is one thing. Having a party oppose everything with the government reacting to polls rather than the interests of the country is a recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

gmisk wrote: »
    Fingal tallies no mention of GOD..it's a conspiracy!!!!

Sorry but where can u access the Fingal tallies? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Boggles wrote: »

It doesn't matter really as all their candidates were looking to be elected anyway, and they can't elect any more than they have ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Seriously?! In fairness, sf would be potentially the party people in public would mostly likely lie about not giving a vote to! It’s fg social mismanagement that has caused this !

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Any news on how the great white hope, Gemma O'Doherty is doing?

Apparently she was causing trouble last night at the count centre, again. Calling everyone corrupt and a conspiracy against her. Headbanger.

• Advertisement

Sorry but where can u access the Fingal tallies? thanks
    They are announcing the initial tallies on RTE.
    But they are only from a percentage of boxes.

Hurrache wrote: »
    It doesn't matter really as all their candidates were looking to be elected anyway, and they can't elect any more than they have ran.

:confused:

So they ran to win, but they can't win more than they ran.

Well yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,386 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

FF in trouble in Donegal in early tallies. Will get one seat, but not the 2 they currently have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Vote tallies are very high for SF, there almost in double figures percentage wise in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

flexcon wrote: »
    It took 89 pages to find a comment that articulated common sense on this outcome.

Those that are condescending to the Sinn Fein voters have to realise that it wasnt JUST the young voters. SINN Fein do well at all ages up to 65. To be bitter and angry to that amount of people surely requires some
    Inward looking at oneself.

By all means disagree - but the current attitude of a few head are
    Making them sound like a
    Cliche of an old and bitter person.

Well said, great post.

I just cant understand it myself. You have a small section of the population that have a ' self entitled' problem or mindset blaming it all on a small section of the population that admittedly do abuse the system.

Both groups are insignificant to the vast majority of people but yet these FG'ers cant see it. Another 20 to 30 years and they will be gone, along with anyone involved in the troubles and the country will be better for it.

SF despite what some of these FG'ers are saying dont just represent those living on social welfare, they represent a wider and growing segment of the population.

There are some FG'ers out there that have been tolerant, have argued their corner in a fair and considered way but unfortunately they have been drowned out by the idiot / fanatic fringe of support that FG the party would be better without. Labour clung on too long to outdated ideals and dogma and look what has happened to them. FG supporters would be wise to become a bit more tolerant or at least learn from other parties mistakes before they too become totally irrelevant.

There is room on this island for all political viewpoints, aspirations and ideals. If there is one thing to be learned from the peace process surely it is that.

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Apparently she was causing trouble last night at the count centre, again. Calling everyone corrupt and a conspiracy against her. Headbanger.
    Yep she has ranted about it being rigged already. As well as ranting at the Irish people for who they voted for.
    She couldn't seem to understand why people couldnt get access to the boxes last night before 10....complete and utter looper.

Alan Farrell on 10 percent...eugh hopefully he doesn't get many transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Looks like SF have done it in Dublin MW (vote management) to retain 2 - 92/110 boxes
    SF 42.5%
    FG 16.7% <--Casserly not Higgins leading here
    FF 12.1%
    PBP 7.9%

listermint wrote: »
    Huge like what 30 percent ? What about the other 70...

It's a stupid assertion. If you are anyway serious about discussing politics of the day at least bother to understand the data.

Baseless.

Its not baseless. And drop the aggression.

?width=630&version=4998893

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Useful site for the day that's in it: https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2020/results/#/national

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

efanton wrote: »
    Well said, great post.

I just cant understand it myself. You have a small section of the population that have a ' self entitled' problem or mindset blaming it all on a small section of the population that admittedly do abuse the system.

Both groups are insignificant to the vast majority of people but yet these FG'ers cant see it. Another 20 to 30 years and they will be gone, along with anyone involved in the troubles and the country will be better for it.

SF despite what some of these FG'ers are saying dont just represent those living on social welfare, they represent a wider and growing segment of the population.

There are some FG'ers out there that have been tolerant, have argued their corner in a fair and considered way but unfortunately they have been drowned out by the idiot / fanatic fringe of support that FG the party would be better without. Labour clung on too long to outdated ideals and dogma and look what has happened to them. FG supporters would be wise to become a bit more tolerant or at least learn from other parties mistakes before they too become totally irrelevant.

There is room on this island for all political viewpoints, aspirations and ideals. If there is one thing to be learned from the peace process surely it is that.

Great post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

:confused:

So they ran to win, but they can't win more than they ran.

Well yeah.

Exactly, so even if the exit poll underestimated things, it makes no difference to how it was looking last night and now.

STB. wrote: »
    Its not baseless. And drop the aggression.

?width=630&version=4998893

What aggression?

And you just backed up what I wrote.

Also why are you calling out aggression where there is none. What's your agenda?

Exactly, so even if the exit poll underestimated things, it makes no difference to how it was looking last night and now.

Of course it does, it means more 1st preference for SF, more seats for SF and then more transfers for left leaning parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

gmisk wrote: »
    Alan Farrell on 10 percent...eugh hopefully he doesn't get many transfers

Even at 10% I'm disgusted. Fraudster pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That most definitely was not the general consensus around these threads as recently as yesterday evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Acosta wrote: »
    Baffled that FG people would vote for him over Kate O'Connell.

Isn`t or at least wasn`t she one of Maria Bailey`s buddies?

What aggression?

Also why are you calling out aggression where there is none. What's your agenda?

The SF vote of 30+ percent is huge in that demographic. I didn't back up what you said.

YOU. Continuously dismissive of other posters throughout this thread.

Like I said drop the arrogance and cop yourself on, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

What aggression?

So you don't think that's a significant stat? Take it away and see how things change.

And yes you were aggressive.

STB. wrote: »
    YOU. Continuously dismissive of other posters throughout this thread.

Like I said drop the arrogance and cop yourself on, please.

You need to chill out son.

Dismissive ? Go back to the posts im dismissive off. Full of arrogance, hysteria and outrage.

If anyone needs to drop the aggression it's you.

I'm fully entitled to call out people saying they'll leave the country as parody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Umkay ..love you all ..call me Wednesday!

Advertisement