Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Seán Dorgan and Micheal Martin, clearly separated at birth.

I think they'll be going through records in Garda HQ first, be a while before they get to us lol.

the thing is...... joke? not a joke?

joking, right?

ahahahah.....*edges towards airport*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

STB. wrote: »
    Seán Dorgan and Micheal Martin, clearly separated at birth.
    Ha ha I thought same!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Look up dublin northwest on twitter , singing come out ye black and tans.... if theyre no longer IRA affiliated nobody told their supporters

https://twitter.com/i/status/1226262967311794177

This was last night before the exit poll

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I find it a bit silly that people are still going on about the Sinn Fein/IRA connection. You may as well harp on about the FG and Nazi connection.

People are voting for SF because since the founding of our state we've been run by eith FF or FG. Over the last two decades especially both parties have consistently managed to make things worse. House prices are insanely high, the cost of living is ridiculously high, our healthcare is a total sham, infrastructure outside Dublin is an absolute joke.

Both parties clearly care more about corporations than the actual people, both flip flop on social issues when it suits them.

Hell, let's not forget that a large amount of people currently leading FF were directly responsible for Ireland's massive recession which we're still feeling.

To be fair, they don’t help themselves by breaking out the rebel songs at every opportunity (see video in above post). If everyone should be “moving on” as the Troubles ended over 20 years ago (which I agree we should) shouldn’t they move on from events that happened almost 100 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,860 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Look up dublin northwest on twitter , singing come out ye black and tans.... if theyre no longer IRA affiliated nobody told their supporters

Perhaps down to FG wanting to honor The Black And Tans recently more than anything else.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but these types of comments are just downright stupid and based on the predicted outcome of the Sinn Fein vote, have been completely and utterly counterproductive to what those spouting them have hoped to achieve.

Expect this kind of rhetoric to be ramped up in the coming days, and for the electorate to once again revolt at being fed a load of waffle and having the IRA card played despite the GFA being signed over twenty years ago.

The general consensus around here is SF voter's are stupid.

Your post, and the many others of a similar narrative counter that big time.

RTE and the Indo will now be licking their wounds considering the Joseph Goebbels level of anti shinner propaganda they've been relentlessly pushing for the last 3/4 weeks.

Edit, as I type this - RTE pundits now predicting SF will see each and everyone of the 42 candidates elected.

Keep up the IRA stuff though. It's obviously striking a chord with folk.

ah in fairness i wouldnt say theyre all stupid

dangerous, sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I find it a bit silly that people are still going on about the Sinn Fein/IRA connection.

'connection' ?

What stronger connection is there than having IRA menbers stand for election ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

helen-lovejoy-pic.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I think the outright rejection of SF (and it's voters) by FG and FF played extremely badly for them.
    It was almost the central plank of their campaigns which really only played to the most diehard fans of both.
    And it was egged on by the media starting with Pat Kenny on his debate.

That arrogance is getting the results it deserved today.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »

Edit, as I type this - RTE pundits now predicting SF will see each and everyone of the 42 candidates elected.

Don't think so McMurphy. The 22 year old student in Galway East although getting a remarkable 16% of first prefs, likely to lose out.

gmisk wrote: »
    Love to see Gannon get in.

Any word on Dublin south Central?

Just this so far, very low tally at 14%
    Ballyfermot counted, 14% of Dublin South Central.

Aengus O'Snodaigh (SF) at 52%,

Brid Smith (Sol-PBP) 15%,

Catherine Ardagh (FF) 7%,

Catherine Byrne (FG) 7%,

Patrick Costello (GRN) 5%,

Joan Collins (I4C) 3%,

Rebecca Moynihan (Lab) 2%,

Tara Deacy (SD) 2%,

Serina Irvine (NP) 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It's a fcuking protest song against Charlie's cunning plan to commemorate the black and tans for Christ sake.

No one is affiliated with the tans these days either, but Charlie missed that memo.

The country's not about to be overrun with lads in khaki pants and balaclavas. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I think the outright rejection of SF (and it's voters) by FG and FF played extremely badly for them.
    It was almost the central plank of their campaigns which really only played to the most diehard fans of both.
    And it was egged on by the media starting with Pat Kenny on his debate.

That arrogance is getting the results it deserved today.

Hardly arrogance. Why go in to power with a party you have nothing in common with and completely oppose their politics. Better to sit in opposition if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Perhaps down to FG wanting to honor The Black And Tans recently more than anything else.

They brought it to #1 in the charts :D

at this stage of 2016and previous counts, how many kneejerk reactions from rte or anyone else looked foolish by tuesday?

sf have done very well. nobody is elected yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I find it a bit silly that people are still going on about the Sinn Fein/IRA connection. You may as well harp on about the FG and Nazi connection.

Not arguing with your whole post but on this bit you’re just being ridiculous. The below link is from last year, not the 1930s.
    I’m far from a die hard FGer but SF getting closer to the organs of the state worries me greatly.
    The sight of SF singing rebel songs in the RDS after being elected is not great optics.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ira-army-council-retains-oversight-of-sinn-fein-say-police-38671774.html

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Just this so far, very low tally at 14%
    Ballyfermot counted, 14% of Dublin South Central.

Aengus O'Snodaigh (SF) at 52%,

Brid Smith (Sol-PBP) 15%,

Catherine Ardagh (FF) 7%,

Catherine Byrne (FG) 7%,

Patrick Costello (GRN) 5%,

Joan Collins (I4C) 3%,

Rebecca Moynihan (Lab) 2%,

Tara Deacy (SD) 2%,

Serina Irvine (NP) 2%
    Thanks for that!
    I thought Brid Smith might be on a bit more her offices in ballyfermot etc
    Aengus was always gonna romp home
    There is gonna be a serious battle for the last couple of seats, Brid Smith, Joan Collins and Costello from the greens.
    Can't see Catherine byrne getting in...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Boggles wrote: »
    helen-lovejoy-pic.png

Bit early to take off the masks, yes,change needed,but this lot will ruin our country.

Troubled times ahead as this lot will cream Middle Ireland.

The scobies are jumping out of their shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

That Fine Gael general secretary on RTÉ is a bit condescending.

Saying FF FG and Labour are the three oldest parties but sure Sinn Fein are around 1905. Labour next up were started in Clonmel in 1912

That’s me just being pedantic :o

FG general secretary rejects the poll that health and housing were a bigger point then Brexit and there is a serious whiff that the peasants were wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Embarrassing for Varadkar.

Slayed by Sinn Fein in his own backyard.

threeball wrote: »
    Hardly arrogance. Why go in to power with a party you have nothing in common with and completely oppose their politics. Better to sit in opposition if required.

Sure that's the argument levelled at SF!

there is no sense completely ruling out something before a vote is cast but it became a slagging match between Ff and Fg - arrogance and stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

mikemac2 wrote: »
    That Fine Gael general secretary on RTÉ is a bit condescending.

Saying FF FG and Labour are the three oldest parties but sure Sinn Fein are around 1905. Labour next up were started in Clonmel in 1912

FG general secretary rejects the poll that health and housing were a bigger point then Brexit and there is a serious whiff that the peasants were wrong

FG out of touch?

Dublin West

Paul Donnelly SF 26% of first pref. 5th time lucky.

Dublin North West

Dessie Ellis SF 44% of the vote. Second candidate should have been run.

mailforkev wrote: »
    Not arguing with your whole post but on this bit you’re just being ridiculous. The below link is from last year, not the 1930s.
    I’m far from a die hard FGer but SF getting closer to the organs of the state worries me greatly.
    The sight of SF singing rebel songs in the RDS after being elected is not great optics.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ira-army-council-retains-oversight-of-sinn-fein-say-police-38671774.html

I'm sure our organs will be just fine.

jesus that party needs ****ing benching tbf

Jesus Dessie Ellis massive first preferences.
    Will that be biggest? Or do people think Pearse Doherty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

That Fine Gael general secretary on RTÉis a bit condescending

FG general secretary rejects the poll that health and housing where a bigger point then Brexit and there is a serious whiff that the peasants were wrong

But Brexit is a huge issue and will be ahead of 2020
    In terms of trade and borders, its vital Ireland come out the right side of it. People unfortunately dont realise this in our country. Farms and many businesses need a good Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ricero wrote: »
    Emvaressong for Varadkar.

Slayed by Sinn Fein in his own backyard.

Blanch will be able to power most of his electrical appliances with the steam coming from his ears at this news, which will slot in nicely with his green party ethics.

• Advertisement

• Great thread

Hang on till I get some popcorn

Advertisement