Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

pjohnson wrote: »
    But really Brexit was the most important thing claim FG :pac:

According to one opinion poll Brexit was a concern of only 1% of those polled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Singing IRA songs in the count centre. Is this the change people voted for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

eeepaulo wrote: »
    How many extra candidates could SF have run?

Just looking at constituencies with 1 SF candidate. They are sometimes getting 2 quotas.

They could have ran running candidates with at least
    Mary Lou Mcdonald - Dublin Central.
    Angus Ó'Snodeagh - Dublin South Central
    Paul Donnelly - Dublin West
    Dessie Ellis - Dublin North West

Donnelly was understandable because he had lost out in 4 of the previous elections but if we go again then they'll definitely go with a 2nd running mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

VinLieger wrote: »
    And yet every other party has signed up to the same health plan, Slaintcare, so any of them claiming they will be the ones to fix it are lying through their teeth

Which was published 3 years ago

Hows that going?

Hearing Whitmore (SD) is in in Wicklow at the expense of Donnelly (FF).

Delighted. I could never forgive him for joining FF, after I voted him firstly as an ind and then a SD.

For a clever man, that was a ridiculously stupid move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shows how fed up people have become surrounded by wafflers

Be interesting to see how much of their manifesto turns out to be waffle so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Like SF or not surely people know now that unless fg/ff deliver on housing and health that they will be out of power and SF may will be in, so it will force them to do something finally?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Sinn Fein took county Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Delighted. I could never forgive him for joining FF, after I voted him firstly as an ind and then a SD.

He is such an opinionated condescending..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hurrache wrote: »
    It doesn't matter really as all their candidates were looking to be elected anyway, and they can't elect any more than they have ran.

It will matter when it comes to the negotiations. FFG won’t want to go back to the people and face SF in the near future. The pressure is squarely on them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

Sinn Fein gaining votes where they never got them before.
    Change coming.

You're moving from wafflers only interested in themselves to wafflers who are controlled by people with far more worrying interests.

If you think any party is going to sort out health they're deluded. All they can do is pump more money into a black hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Paddy power have the line at
    FF 47.5
    FG 38.5
    SF 37.5
    Greens 10.5

So where do things go from here if this is how it pans out. What do FF do. Go back on what they said and let SF play senior hurling or go for the safer colalition with greens and try to get FG to provide confidence and supply.

FG will be happy to be largest opposition in this scenario and get to sit out being involved in a government with SF or alternatively having to deal with the negative fallout for not giving SF a shot as the ball will be in FFs court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Hopefully this means DOB will be absent from the St Patrick's day parade in NY.

I think he honestly seen himself as a future leader of the party. Crazy move.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The invisible hand helping SF this year was the media and rte through bias. Today they will paint it as a protest vote, they will also paint the electorate as stupid.

The fact the electorate didn't fall for it and at the same time voted against racism makes me proud of them.

I'm not a sin feiner but as a strong opposition they will make the government work hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

limnam wrote: »
    Which was published 3 years ago

Hows that going?

As good as it would under any other party.

Or do SF have some magical solution to reducing civil servant beuracracy and red tape they havent shared?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

omega man wrote: »

If the song in question is the song I'm thinking of, it's not actually an IRA song strictly speaking, the title of it is about a group of thugs that Charlie Flanagan wanted to give an official state commemoration to.

It's a protest song as a response to his brain fart. I wouldn't read much further into it than that if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Dessie Ellis and his supporters singing about the IRA in the count centre isn’t normal. It just isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Commemorating the RIC and Auxiliaries. Is this the change people voted for in 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Seems it is, seems the tools singing them foresee the gravy train coming their way.

Bad news for those who get up early and go to work...

This vote is a lash back against FG, nothing surer, handled badly, a blind monkey could see housing and health were the issues.

Brexit my Royal Irish ballbag.... !!

Of no interest to the electorate.....shure it will all be grand....major mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

McMurphy wrote: »
    If the song in question is the song I'm thinking of, it's not actually an IRA song strictly speaking, the title of it is about a group of thugs that Charlie Flanagan wanted to give an official state commemoration to.

It's a protest song as a response to his brain fart. I wouldn't read much further into it than that if I were you.
    I think you're the one who read too much into it. A pop at Charlie Flanagan? :rolleyes:

We all know what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Dessie Ellis and his supporters singing about the IRA in the count centre isn’t normal. It just isn’t.

Couldn’t believe it myself johnny.it was on the wireless.strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

VinLieger wrote: »
    As good as it would under any other party.

Or do SF have some magical solution to reducing cicil servant beuracracy and red tape they havent shared?

3 years and historical highs of people on trollys.

People on trollys so long they tried to commit suicide

No one could do better ?

C'mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The only song that should be allowed.

Simply the Best - Tina Turner.

Sinn Fein gaining votes where they never got them before.
    Change coming.

wafflers

vs

welfare sf

ppl have chosen their preferred anagram anyway!

If I were FF or FG I'd be tempted to go in to coalition with SF but only on the condition they took the ministries for housing and health.
    At the end of the term they couldn't use them as a stick with which to beat the establishment parties as they'd have achieve precisely SFA in their time in the ministries.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,862 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Boggles wrote: »
    Simply the Best - Tina Turner.

That would be more a 'blue shirt' wearer song, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

You are aware that song is about the old Ira and not the provos? If it wasn’t for the old Ira you wouldn’t have FG/FF. it’s Sinn Féin day and congratulations to them. I gave them number 3 so I can’t be accused of being a shinner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Posted this seconds ago.
    McMurphy wrote: »

Alternatively, maybe it's Ellis trying to show he's down with it, and hip and trendy singing a song that was No1 a few weeks ago.

Charlie (no pun intended) royally fcuked up with his RIC worshiping stunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

limnam wrote: »
    3 years and historical highs of people on trollys.

People on trollys so long they tried to commit suicide

No one could do better ?

C'mon.

They all signed up to the same plan, and literally every talking point on health from each of the major parties was taken from the slaintecare plan so explain what specifically SF would do different that they havent publicly said?

Advertisement