Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

limnam wrote: »
    Considering the high % of people who said health was an issue, it's fairly bizzare.
    Having health as an issue just means you thought it was important not how you voted. In Wicklow Harris must be popular and the same applies to Murphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

RTE saying SF will exceed 30 seats comfortably and will be topping the polls in at least 16 out of 39 constituencies.

Pearl clutchers! gird your loins for Wolfe Tones greatest Hits throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

omega man wrote: »
    Singing IRA songs in the count centre. Is this the change people voted for?

It's a Wolfe Tone song about the B&Ts ~ as relevant to FF & FG as it is to SF

• Registered Users Posts: 82,862 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

SF will want another election for maximum seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

3 years and historical highs of people on trollys.

People on trollys so long they tried to commit suicide

No one could do better ?

C'mon.

You're fooling only yourself. Until the unions and consultants are tackled the problem will never go away. SF haven't a notion of touching either.

You need it in a manifesto and have a large mandate to do so and that will never happen

• Advertisement

Lisa Chambers in trouble? FF may be the ones to have a bad election.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

3 years and historical highs of people on trollys.

People on trollys so long they tried to commit suicide

No one could do better ?

C'mon.

And who will be running the health service tomorrow even if there's a complete change of government?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Sf have took Donegal too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

VinLieger wrote: »
    They all signed up to the same plan, and literally every talking point on health from each of the major parties was taken from the slaintecare plan so explain what specifically SF would do different that they havent publicly said?

It was signed 3 years ago.

FG have been in the driving seat for the last 3 years. NOT SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

SF will want another election for maximum seats.

And that's why FF/FG are unlikely to give it to them...

• Advertisement

• omega man wrote: »
    Singing IRA songs in the count centre. Is this the change people voted for?

Suspect the voters didn't enjoy the thought of commemorating them anyway

Incredible the amount of Damage Leo did to himself there. Self implosion

Funny to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Like SF or not surely people know now that unless fg/ff deliver on housing and health that they will be out of power and SF may will be in, so it will force them to do something finally?

You would hope so but I wont hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

If I were FF or FG I'd be tempted to go in to coalition with SF but only on the condition they took the ministries for housing and health.
    At the end of the term they couldn't use them as a stick with which to beat the establishment parties as they'd have achieve precisely SFA in their time in the ministries.

I think SF have a far better chance of ameliorating the housing pressures many are under rather than FG or FF. O'Brion's housing proposals and their overall approach to housing is flat-out better than the other two.

Health is another barrel of badgers.

Sf have took Donegal too
    Sigh, these are tallies not actual counts but yes they we expect they have taken Donegal as polls before the election showed two seats.

Yurt! wrote: »
    I think SF have a far better chance of ameliorating the housing pressures many are under rather than FG or FF. O'Brion's housing proposals and their overall approach to housing is flat-out better than the other two.

Health is another barrel of badgers.
    And it's now Slaintecare!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

is_that_so wrote: »
    Lisa Chambers in trouble? FF may be the ones to have a bad election.

Very surprised. She's been all over the TV and was seen as young blood for a party severely lacking in same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »
    Posted this seconds ago.

Alternatively, maybe it's Ellis trying to show he's down with it, and hip and trendy singing a song that was No1 a few weeks ago.

Charlie (no pun intended) royally fcuked up with his RIC worshiping stunt.

Ellis (a man who it is believed made the Eniskillen and Warrington bombs) was surrounded by his bowsies singing ‘oh ah up the RA’ in the count centre. That’s not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

VinLieger wrote: »
    As good as it would under any other party.

Or do SF have some magical solution to reducing civil servant beuracracy and red tape they havent shared?

FG had 9 years to fix these things take for example DART expansion it's literally just a matter of buying trains and putting up power cables. FG somehow have not only failed to do this they also failed to keep pace with the demand so people are regularly fainting on the DART

Very surprised. She's been all over the TV and was seen as young blood for a party severely lacking in same.
    Health warnings on tallies but suggestions she might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Like SF or not surely people know now that unless fg/ff deliver on housing and health that they will be out of power and SF may will be in, so it will force them to do something finally?

The thing is even if they do deliver on what they promised in this election, it still won't be enough.

FG are promising around 30k of houses every year. When you take into account that they are already miles behind of where we needed to be and net migration, even if they did built 30k houses, the problem won't be nearly solved within 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ellis (a man who it is believed made the Eniskillen and Warrington bombs) was surrounded by his bowsies singing ‘oh ah up the RA’ in the count centre. That’s not normal.

Never seen that John, I'd be rightly annoyed at them if true.

Almost as annoyed as I was when I heard of Charlie's plans for a state commemoration for the RIC.

Almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The thing is even if they do deliver on what they promised in this election, it still won't be enough.

FG are promising around 30k of houses every year. When you take into account that they are already miles behind of where we needed to be and net migration, even if they did built 30k houses, the problem won't be nearly solved within 5 years.

The people could live in some of the 200,000 empty houses while they are waiting for their new house to be built.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

SF votes have to come from somewhere and here in Mayo that can pretty much only be FF or FG. And presumably the former is more likely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

When can we expect to hear seats being filled ?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Never seen that John, I'd be rightly annoyed at them if true.

Almost as annoyed as I was when I heard of Charlie's plans for a state commemoration for the RIC.

Almost.
    It showed up in the news summary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Good bye lieo

Leo will be going nowhere just yet.

statesaver wrote: »
    Probably teatime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

statesaver wrote: »

First count results in some constituencies are expected in mid to late afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Joan Burton and Regina Doherty. Somebody please tell me they're finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Fianna Fáil voters right now

888.jpg

Advertisement