Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

The old routine for emigration and unemployment are gone. And negative equity is going.

I'm the first to concede that FG did well in many areas. Even if the economy was bound to recover from the depths to which FF had plunged it. But they were sh*te in housing and that is their biggest failure. Anyone who is honest with themselves and has been around for a while will know that the health system is a task that any party will struggle with. But they had a clear opportunity to tackle housing and they continually resisted interfering in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

road_high wrote: »
    Yes that’ll be wonderful but the small matter of paying for it will continue. Sure we can “tax the rich” and it’ll be grand
    We already had tax hikes to pay for it and the amount of money squandered on Irish water and meters is disgusting not to mention the lucrative pensions given to those after only a few years.
    I have no problem with tax increases for water but I'd like it in the constitution to ensure when the next bust happens its not sold to some pension fund company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

You'd think Blanch152 would be on here to commend the greens on a great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

limnam wrote: »
    It's two years behind after 3 years?

Cracking job.

You have no clue about slaintecare or its goals you just want to give out about Fg, parts of it are behind parts are on schedule implementing it isnthe job of the HSE and the civil servants tell me exactly how SF would fix that?

Im just pointing out that no party who signed up to slaintecare can claim they will be the ones to fix health because they all are already committed to the same plan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Both chairmen of Ff and FG on live tv saying they will not under any circumstances talk to SF

FF FG government, maybe. Would suit SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Both chairmen of Ff and FG on live tv saying they will not under any circumstances talk to SF

So does that mean another C&C will be agreed to keep both in power and SF out?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

McMurphy wrote: »
    We have a commissioner for the Gardai who was a member of a group who have been found on numerous occasions to have colluded and conspired in murdering nationalists in their own communities.

I'm sure if I go trawling your post history I would find evidence of you having expressed the same concerns there too?

GFA signed 20 years ago. There's no provos under your bed - no more than their are members of the red hand commandos with the keys to phoenix park FFS.

And his predecessor tried to frame one of his own men as a paedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hurrache wrote: »
    Whataboutery at its finest

Balls. It's a valid comparison, you seem upset because men or women who had some role in the conflict from one side might be near certain positions of power - but want to turn a blind eye to those on the other side of that conflict who do.

You missed the point that if one side are to move the fcuk on, the other should be too.

Whataboutery my hole, hypocritical pontificating at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Aska wrote: »

Looks likely. Problem is will it happen if FG is the largest party? Would FF members wear another term of propping up FG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

statesaver wrote: »
    Aska wrote: »

To make such a closed statement on tv is rather stupid IMO
    Really stupid.

It smacks of closing the shop and that is one of the reasons I believe for the massive swing to SF.
    Let them at it so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The two general secretaries for FFG squirming now on rte is fantastic to watch.

Sinn Fein hold the power now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

FG and FF have their stated position on SF and they seem to be sticking to that, and SF are saying they will talk to all parties but won't go into government just for the sake of it which sounds like a bit of not committing to anything.

A combination of two of the three have to come to some arrangement otherwise they might aswell keep the posters up as well be back here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FG guy belatedly concedes that Housing and Health were the big issues and SF tapped into that better.

FG guy says they'll talk to FF if needed. FF saying no we won't.

SF lad with the popcorn*

(* ok I made that bit up!) :p

I don't think SF will give two shiny shltes whether they do or they don't. They're in a much better position than the two of them.

They'll have to merge/coalesce or call another election.

All 3 scenarios will suit Sinn Fein just fine. It's a win win for them regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

statesaver wrote: »

Exactly. Longterm it would be a tactical mistake for FF and FG to do this. SF can grow further as the voice of opposition and have more candidates. And with FF and FG both saying no to SF, SF can hold their hands up and say they were ready for government this time, even if they secretly want to stay in opposition for another Dail.

emo72 wrote: »
    Joan Burton and Regina Doherty. Somebody please tell me they're finished.

Regina Doherty the person you would hear on the radio or tv when the government was in difficulty and needed an unpopular position defended. In other words nobody would believe you. Hopefully Shane Ross gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

limnam wrote: »
    It's two years behind after 3 years?

Cracking job.
    It can't really move forward until the restructuring of the HSE takes place, which is expected to be up and running in 2021, once the plan has been approved by "government".
    You don't seem to have heard of it and always best to see what you're criticising so here's some reading on it.

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/996eb8-slaintecare-latest-news/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

FG looking like they'll stay as the largest party. Great win for them. SF, the incompetents made a bags of their candidate selection. Shot themselves in the foot with their AK47s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    FG guy belatedly concedes that Housing and Health were the big issues and SF tapped into that better.

FG guy says they'll talk if needed. FF saying no we won't.

SF lad with the popcorn*

(* ok I made that bit up!) :p

FG categorically said no!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

McMurphy wrote: »
    Balls. It's a valid comparison, you seem upset because men or women who had some role in the conflict from one side might be near certain positions of power - but want to turn a blind eye to those on the other side of that conflict who do.

You missed the point that if one side are to move the fcuk on, the other should be too.

Whataboutery my hole, hypocritical pontificating at its finest.

Ha, I'm not a bit upset. I simply pointed out actuality of some of the reasons why some people will never vote SF.

You're the one who got offended and keeps coming back to it, I'm not the one who needs to move on from anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

VinLieger wrote: »
    You have no clue about slaintecare or its goals you just want to give out about Fg, parts of it are behind parts are on schedule implementing it isnthe job of the HSE and the civil servants tell me exactly how SF would fix that?

Im just pointing out that no party who signed up to slaintecare can claim they will be the ones to fix health because they all are already committed to the same plan

I'm pointing out the fact that people have watched FG do fck all for 9 years.

slaintecare was signed 3 years ago and your claiming it's two years behind.

You're saying a party who sat on their hands for 9 years is the best we can hope for as no other party could have done any better in those 9 years.

So leave in a party who's done fck all because shur they've kicked the plan off already and only falling two years behind in 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Funny as two hours ago on RTÉ he “rejected” that

Rejected was the word he used. Well he changed his tune

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Lundstram wrote: »
    Healy-Raes on 36% of the vote in Kerry. Lowry top in Tipp. Willie O'Dea on 20% in Limerick.

Shyters and gombeen politics is alive and well in Munster.

WTF is wrong with that Provence?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FG categorically said no!

to each other I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'm the first to concede that FG did well in many areas. Even if the economy was bound to recover from the depths to which FF had plunged it. But they were sh*te in housing and that is their biggest failure. Anyone who is honest with themselves and has been around for a while will know that the health system is a task that any party will struggle with. But they had a clear opportunity to tackle housing and they continually resisted interfering in the market.

I posted a solution to the so called housing crisis earlier. Use the 200,000 or more empty houses, while the new ones are getting built. The media in other countries do not make a crisis out of their cities having expensive accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

To make such a closed statement on tv is rather stupid IMO
    Really stupid.

It smacks of closing the shop and that is one of the reasons I believe for the massive swing to SF.
    Let them at it so.

They've been saying it long before today, on TV and radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

is_that_so wrote: »
    It can't really move forward until the restructuring of the HSE takes place, which is expected to be up and running in 2021, once the plan has been approved by "government".
    You don't seem to have heard of it and always best to see what you're criticising so here's some reading on it.

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/996eb8-slaintecare-latest-news/

How does any of this excuse sitting on your hands for 9 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Looks likely. Problem is will it happen if FG is the largest party? Would FF members wear another term of propping up FG?

Well isn't it a case of FF needing to work out which is the lesser of two evils politically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You'd think Blanch152 would be on here to commend the greens on a great performance.

I don't think anyone at this stage believes Blanch is a Green supporter.

• Advertisement

FG looking like they'll stay as the largest party. Great win for them. SF, the incompetents made a bags of their candidate selection. Shot themselves in the foot with their AK47s.

You're a FF man now though Paddy, you hardly forgot that already?

Advertisement